Hey Baron, we need snow for the Maggot Camp!!!

Hey RB, any chance the current weather predictions are wrong and we will see some fresh for this weekends Maggot Str8line Camp? Looking like it'll be mid 30's for highs starting Thursday. That is going to mean hard landings and bumps. AKA - no fun to charge hard in conditions especially with one good arm

Gordy, can we do the camp out of area? I'd much rather get 3-5k vert each day out of area than 20k+ in bad snow off the tram or high-T. Yes, I'm a spoiled Utah Skier.

Last year I did the camp in warm tempatures with no new snow. I think it was almost better in the long run. Carving up fresh snow is easy compared to holding your thing on some shit snow. I did miss hucking though...

Sorry, we're fresh out of snow; dry high pressure is taking over for the weekend. Hey, at least the coverage is good...

(all kidding aside, the mountains may get some snow Friday but I can't see it being much more than a 3" to 6" storm, at the very most right now - then sunny & dry for the weekend)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron
    Sorry, we're fresh out of snow; dry high pressure is taking over for the weekend. Hey, at least the coverage is good...

(all kidding aside, the mountains may get some snow Friday but I can't see it being much more than a 3" to 6" storm, at the very most right now - then sunny & dry for the weekend)
    I'll wash my vehicle for you guys (but it will cost the collective 8 dollars) it never fails to snow with in 48 hours after the wash!
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy
    I'll wash my vehicle for you guys (but it will cost the collective 8 dollars) it never fails to snow with in 48 hours after the wash!
    I'll take that deal...wait, what are you going to be wearing when you wash my car? Should I be worried about this?
    [This Space For Rent]

Thanks RB. I'm sure you're letting us in on a long shot so I'm not going to count on it.

Bryan, yeah there may be more to work on with firm conditions. Unfortunately, that's just not why I'm taking a camp of this nature in Utah. I wanted to improve my aggressiveness in cliff areas and reduce hesitation in ultra tight, deep, and steep terrain where turning off the fall line causes sloughs to knock you off your rhythm and you bury your tips and tails. I’m sure I’ll have fun, just may not be what I’d originally hoped for. Hucking is definately out without a soft landing since I still have 3 blown disc's in my neck.

I really am spoiled. I usually try not to schedule vacations; I just do them when conditions are looking right. Otherwise it's always a crapshoot.

I think Mac will be washing his own car I think I better wash my car too, just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    Bryan, yeah there may be more to work on with firm conditions. Unfortunately, that's just not why I'm taking a camp of this nature in Utah. I wanted to improve my aggressiveness in cliff areas and reduce hesitation in ultra tight, deep, and steep terrain where turning off the fall line causes sloughs to knock you off your rhythm and you bury your tips and tails. I’m sure I’ll have fun, just may not be what I’d originally hoped for. Hucking is definately out without a soft landing since I still have 3 blown disc's in my neck.
    Then you should be taking the AK camp.

At least I will only have to pack one pair of skis for this weekend.

It's good i brought a pair of skis other than my gotamas.........i'll keep prayin for snow - it seems like a lot of these camps are without snow and people still love em so we'll see but still......snow is good.

Maybe i'll just stay in Vegas....

Quote Originally Posted by phatfreeheeler
    I think Mac will be washing his own car I think I better wash my car too, just to be sure.
    Get at it Phat! Car washing is useless unless you are participating in the camp. Of course you will need to convince yourself that you really want a clean car. Storms are very adept at recognizing begging and are usually contemptuous of it.

Suggestion: a mass car washing by all Utah mags may be too tempting for Ullr too pass up.

You're all a bunch of slack jawwed faggots. Anyone can air into and straightline the Cirque in 10 feet of blower. I want to learn how to do it over frozen chunder the size of small children. Pussies.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

This sounds sort of strange, but unless you're going just so you can say, "yeah, well I've skied with Nobis," I think the best time to take the camp would be when conditions aren't ideal. You're going there to learn to ski better, not to ski blower pow.

I took the second (I think) camp last year and we had great conditions, with snow two of the three days. As a result, we spent the snowy mornings lapping Colins. That was great, but not what I spent the money to do and it didn't really let you work on fundamentals. Also, we weren't able to get much video because of flat light. If I were to take the camp again, I would hope for bluebird skys, good coverage.

edit - Arty beat me

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn'd
    edit - Arty beat me
    Yes, but you were so much more eloquent about it.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    You're all a bunch of slack jawwed faggots. Anyone can air into and straightline the Cirque in 10 feet of blower. I want to learn how to do it over frozen chunder the size of small children. Pussies.
    But you'll have to ride it switch to the road.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Talking

Anyone can air into and straightline the Cirque in 10 feet of blower.
    QAJINCWGTFOBPPS
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    QAJINCWGTFOBPPS
    What's the QA stand for? I got the rest.

Talking

HAHA....

Quoting Arty Just In Case We Get Ten Feet Of Blower Post Preservation Service.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Arty has it right. Sac up and charge in the crap conditions.

I'll always take powder over bumpy crap, but I agree with crash. I'm interested in working on fundamentals, and learning from a group of true rippers. Fresh snow would just be an additional perk.

Besides phat, all they'd do is tell you to sack up.

PS, I'll still go ahead and wash my car this week...just in case.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn'd
    As a result, we spent the snowy mornings lapping Colins. That was great, but not what I spent the money to do and it didn't really let you work on fundamentals. Also, we weren't able to get much video because of flat light.
    That sounds more like either a problem in coaching technique or a group of people having so much fun they didn't want to work on skills. But hey, I'll reserve judgement till I've been through the camp.

I work and ski with pro level skiers quite often so that isn't the goal. Having that caliber of skier critique and advise is the goal. When I ski with these people normally, nobody's stopping to discuss ski technique

Not sacking up isn't normally the problem either, that's why I ski injured so often

At the 2/10-12 camp (which was not the gnar core brah camp I'm sure the maggot gathering will be), there had been no new snow for four days. The conditions were still good, due to really cold temps, but there was no pow.

We did a lot of technique discussion and filming. Greener (especially), Gordy and Moles had us doing some drills, which I used to think was for Epic nerds, but they work. Hands forward, not crossing the body; linebacker stance; torso downhill; lower leg angulation was beat into our heads.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Talking

I will warsh the car too for yall. Up here though it is only a $5 full meal deal, Mac lives in the high rent district apparently.

Ah shit! here we go in a new direction on the TGR boards

Now powder is for slack jawwed faggot pussies...

I cant wait for when fat skis are for JONGS

its the new revolution!

nice!
    Points on their own sitting way up high

Quote Originally Posted by MacDaddy
    Ah shit! here we go in a new direction on the TGR boards

Now powder is for slack jawwed faggot pussies...

I cant wait for when fat skis are for JONGS

its the new revolution!

nice!
    Fat skis are for JONGS. It's all about superfats now. Didn't you get the memo?