Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    For the record: you are all very bad influences.

Trigger pulled. 1 pair left in stock... not any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

So tempted

So very tempted

But I'd have to buy new bindings as the only ones I could spare are S900's which I would need to find wide brakes for (are there even widebrakes for those) and the bright yellow would clash with the sweet graphics of the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra

190 Explosivs...Spats...AK Rocket Labs....now Ants!!

Which one am I going to inherit

Quote Originally Posted by Corky
    190 Explosivs...Spats...AK Rocket Labs....now Ants!!

Which one am I going to inherit
    You mean inherit in the sense of what happens after I try to ski another big ski, fail to make a turn, and pinwheel over a cliff to certain doom?

Hmmm... from now on, skiing with you, "you go first."

Spatulas will stay around for awhile. They are really fun in tight spots (trees), not so sure yet on speedy stuff (hence my thread on it). The AK Labs feel almost as easy to turn as the Spats in tight stuff -- they're just a little longer though, so the tips/tails hang up more. Basically you become aware of their length only when you end up catching them on stuff.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I figured someone from this thread yoinked that last pair, congrats. On top of the wizards i snagged from El Chup (fucking sick by the way, thanks), i'm wondering if i'm headed for some sort of intervention.

Got the ANT's today and these fuckers are definitly stiff. Impressivly light though, and with the fks 185's i'm pretty pumped about such a light/burly setup. Ended up mounting -3 from factory line, (yea, mine were off too) and looks like we're leaving recently sun baked summit co. for 4 days at either tahoe or jackson come sunday. As a pretty big guy (6'3, 215 ish) i'm not as worried about getting my ass kicked (completly anyway) but coming off my mostly-gotama season i might be back here eating my words next week.

anyway, thanks a ton everyone for a great workup on a solid pair of skis, these things are sick.

P.S. marshalolson is a wise man for not fucking with fks brakes, jesus.
    No, the real point is, I don't give a damn
    - Carl

I think I'm going to be mounting them -7.
    Salt, Sweat, Sugar on the asphalt

Quote Originally Posted by freeskisquaw
    I think I'm going to be mounting them -7.
    You're over the line!!!

Just mounted mine at -10cm with P18s. My factory marks were both dead on at -7cm from chord center. Still looks like a lot of tail to me... we'll see how they ski though.

Quote Originally Posted by slim
    Just mounted mine at -10cm with P18s. My factory marks were both dead on at -7cm from chord center. Still looks like a lot of tail to me... we'll see how they ski though.
    They are going to be $$$$.

I've skied mine at both -11 and now -9...you'll be happy.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

Durability issues???????

Four days on them. I was skiing some wind and sun baked bowls (fun!) yesterday at Copper and got down to the bottom and felt something “weird”. Really hope Armada has good customer support. I would hate to be out of big boards when we are supposed to get the big dumps.

Pow4, that sucks mang! First day on them??

It's gotta be a defect as all the pairs I've seen have had no issues.

From what I understand, you should have no problem getting Armada to hook you up.

No, but first day on them in any thing but balls deep pow (4 days total). I talked with Tyson over at Armada this morning (sent him the pic) and said he'll get back to me by the end of the day. Hopefully I can send them direct and get a new one in hand ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains
    No, but first day on them in any thing but balls deep pow (4 days total). I talked with Tyson over at Armada this morning (sent him the pic) and said he'll get back to me by the end of the day. Hopefully I can send them direct and get a new one in hand ASAP.
    Keep us informed...I'd like to know how well/quickly it is handled.

How frickin’ sweet is this……….Here’s what they had to say via email:
    “Thanks for sending the photo. That is without question a warranty (irrepairable and unskiable) and we’ll get this taken care of right away. I actually have a single replacement ski that I can use for this and can have it shipped today.”It’s good to see that quality customer service is still alive!

Thumbs up

Thumbs up to Armada for taking care of it so quickly and thumbs up to you for not being without a ski for long.

methinks these skis require further investigation, they would round out my quiver quite perfectly
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Anyhow I bought a pair of these in October, finally got around to skiing em. Mounted with Salomon 914 right at the factory mark. Initial impression is was that they are very lightweight (compared to my 194 Bigs with Tyrolia FF+10), and kinda soft in the tail.

All I can say is these things are the most fun ski I've ever been on. They turn pretty quick for a big ski, they're soft enough that you can enjoy them when you're in a lazy mood (unlike my Dynastars that will punish you if you get lazy), yet push 'em and they respond. I was a little worried about them being mounted too far forward, but they skied nice at the factory line. These skis are exactly what I wanted - something fun, quick, easy to ski on yet able to tackle some decent terrain. BTW, I can't compare them to any other big skis since these are the first I've been on with a 100+mm waist...

You bastards. I bought a pair today. Way to go. Fuckers.

Now, anyone have any ideas on where to mount 'em tele? ECC? Anyone?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

fwiw: mine measure 193cm, and actual contact w. the snow + shovel = 176.

ski nicely, but i gotta get used to all of that tail.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    That's my impression after only a half-day on them.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    Where'd you mount yours?

I read a bunch of comments about -7, -9, etc. I guess -7 is the Armada line marked on the ski (which may or may not match between the two skis).

Not much consensus on where to mount these, but -9 or -10 seems to be favored for all-mountain use (not flippy spinny use). Or go further back?

Where'd you mount yours?

I read a bunch of comments about -7, -9, etc. I guess -7 is the Armada line marked on the ski (which may or may not match between the two skis).

Not much consensus on where to mount these, but -9 or -10 seems to be favored for all-mountain use (not flippy spinny use). Or go further back?
    i went -2cm from the further back of the 2 lines (they were off by ~.25cm)
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Where'd you mount yours?

FWIW, I think the 'line' is actually only 5 back of center.

Wink

You candy asses. I mounted mine on the line and they ski just fine. No tip dive.
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

-9 is the way to go....factory mark should be -7. I skied them on the line for a couple days and didn't like the feel of that much tail so I moved them back. No complaints since, fucking awesome skis.