Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    What does a pair of Ants weigh in at?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Gee, they are pretty small.
    I'd guess a milligram or two.

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S
    El Chup,

Drive over and I'll write you a doctor's note.
    Sweet! Can you diagnose me with a severe respiratory ailment that is only treatable by inhalation of oxygen-deprived atmosphere, preferably between 8000-10,000 ft elevation, and with doses of powdered H20 applied P.R.N. ?

If I can get Armada ANTs covered by insurance as a medical device, that would be most excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Consider it done.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

The UPS truck just pulled up. Yessssssss.
    Salt, Sweat, Sugar on the asphalt

what other lengths to ANTs come in? i see the only ones left in the tramdock sale are 190-something

Quote Originally Posted by BCpowder
    what other lengths to ANTs come in? i see the only ones left in the tramdock sale are 190-something
    They come in any length you want, as long as it's 191cm..

I noticed the atomic sticker on the plastic wrap today too, are these skis made by atomic?

Quote Originally Posted by freeskisquaw
    I noticed the atomic sticker on the plastic wrap today too, are these skis made by atomic?
    They're pressed in the Atomic factory with Armada's materials and specs.

I fucking love mine...best skis I've ever been on. Soooo stable. Can't wait for the ANT newbies to ski them in deep snow - woah.

Sweet, I think I'm getting them mounted with FKS 155's. Not sure where I'm going to mount them yet though, I might take vicious' advice and mount really far back.

Sweet, I think I'm getting them mounted with FKS 155's. Not sure where I'm going to mount them yet though, I might take vicious' advice and mount really far back.
    I thought about getting pretty far back at first, but I ended up mounting only -2 from the line and they are great in that spot. I haven't really tried otherwise, but I think going back too far would be too much tip. Don't be afraid of the tail...it didnt bother me at all, and switch riding was fun too. And yes, the lines do vary, mine do by about 1 cm, so measure from the tail, I think I am 86 cms.

Update on the ants riding experience too...I was at snowbird yesterday, and I can pretty much arc them out of GS turns and downhill sized turns pretty well now. I hit a pretty icy sized hill and carved them up beautifully. Only minor minor chatter, when my legs were too tired to bust them into the snow. I almost felt like I was on a pair of race skis...but no, not quite as fast edge to edge I need a powder day to really get these things working!

The choice to mount further back was based mostly on performance in pow. The fact of too much tail came into consideration, but I wanted to be sure mine floated well and I could stay forward on them when it's deep.

I've heard plenty of tip dive reviews and seen it firsthand as well when mounted too far forward. BC-Flow mounted at -7 (about 2cm behind the factory line) and mentioned some tip dive and thoughts of moving back. Another buddy of mine mounted on the line and went over the handlebars a number of times.

Bottom line, you don't want to be laying back on the tails of these things and letting them drive.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious
    The choice to mount further back was based mostly on performance in pow. The fact of too much tail came into consideration, but I wanted to be sure mine floated well and I could stay forward on them when it's deep.

I've heard plenty of tip dive reviews and seen it firsthand as well when mounted too far forward. BC-Flow mounted at -7 (about 2cm behind the factory line) and mentioned some tip dive and thoughts of moving back. Another buddy of mine mounted on the line and went over the handlebars a number of times.

Bottom line, you don't want to be laying back on the tails of these things and letting them drive.
    How would you say weight effects the tip dive? My logic seems to think that since I am lighter I might experience it less...

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold
    How would you say weight effects the tip dive? My logic seems to think that since I am lighter I might experience it less...
    I'm sure weight will always be a factor, but being that the tips are quite stiff, regardless of your weight, the further forward you are, the harder it'll be for the tips to stay afloat as they won't catch and surf to the top like many pow skis.

also, since you are lighter, you will have to put more weight in the backseat to keep the tips up w/ a forward mount
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

i wouldn't call mounting them at 9 cm back form center "really far back". it's equivalent to a +5 mount on K2s if you're familiar with that. fucking $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

True, thanks for the advice. I won't really be skiing these sticks in the powder much, as I'm going to be sticking with spats for that. I really just want these to be my everyday ski to bust crud and ski all mountain kinda stuff. Do you think the tip dive issue will be a problem if im not skiing pow?

I'm going to be interested to see if all these people continue using the ANTs are their 'everyday ski.'

If you aren't skiing much pow, you could go -7. I have no problem with agility on mine at -9 however.

Hmmm, found a pair locally for $400 new, trying to decide between the Ants or some BD at $150 cheaper or so...

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex
    Hmmm, found a pair locally for $400 new, trying to decide between the Ants or some BD at $150 cheaper or so...

lemme know if you don't wnat the ANT...

i'll buy them for sure at that price
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    lemme know if you don't wnat the ANT...

i'll buy them for sure at that price
    454 shipped from tramdock
    No, the real point is, I don't give a damn
    - Carl

i made a mistake.

7 cm from center is equivalent to a +5 on K2s. 9 cm back is equivalent to a +3.

Any durability issues on the 2005-06 Armada skis? Read that the first year had quite a few problems... are they now being made by Atomic (stickers on the shrinkwrap)?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Checked out the ANTs last nite, they look pretty sweet. Nice flex in the tips/tails, looks like the tail is pretty big too. Not too heavy..sweet.
    Anyone here mounted these up tele yet?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    Any durability issues on the 2005-06 Armada skis? Read that the first year had quite a few problems... are they now being made by Atomic (stickers on the shrinkwrap)?
    05/06 Armadas have no durability issues that I've heard of. My ANTs have held up very well thus far...the topsheets (which was their main problem a few years ago) look nearly new still. Perhaps I'm not skiing them hard enough.