FS: Dynafit Aero Freerides - stiffest AT boot / dynafit compatible

I have a pair of Dynafit Aero Freerides (4-buckle version) in size 27.0 (~Men's 9) with Thermo liner.

These will work with all AT bindings and alpine bindings (though the release characteristics with alpine bindings are affected by any boot w/ a Vibram sole).

They've got a great sole for hiking, are fairly lightweight, and they are definitely the stiffest Dynafit-compatible boot -- possibly the stiffest AT boot, period.

These are brand-new, in the box/plastic...and the Thermo liners have never seen a foot, human or otherwise.

Feel free to PM me with an offer.

Here's some info from the Life-Link site (LL is the US distributor for Dynafit):
    The Aero Freeride is Dynafit's performance driven boot combining the structure of an aggressive ski boot with the subtle design features that make Dynafit boots ideal for all day ski touring comfort. With a wrap around high cuff, tall tongue and height adjustable rear spoiler, the Aero will drive the fattest skis, while still remaining the lightest boot in it's class.

Features
    » Stiff forward flex tongue and wrap around cuff
    » Height adjustable rear spoiler for power & comfort
    » 4 CNC machined buckles for strength & reliability
    » New step-in fitting will dramatically ease the simplicity of clicking into the new Dynafit binding by guiding the toe holes to the binding toe pins
    » Standard liner features a new air dispensing climate control system and a personal fit adjustable heel cup area

Stock image:

If you need a photo of these boots, I can snap one.

Full retail is $660; I see them online for around $520 or so. Ideally, I'd like somewhere in the mid $SOLD for 'em.

Thanks for looking!

Edit to add:
    * Weight: 3.6kg/7.94 lbs for the pair in this size.
    * Lou Dawson had this to say about them in his backcountry boot comparison (http://www.wildsnow.com/?p=61):
    "Dynafit easily has the stiffest feel overall and would be best for performance skiers who spend time touring as well as riding helicopters or lifts..."
    Last edited by upallnight; 03-07-2006 at 01:10 AM.

Bumping.... I'd definitely consider lower offers -- $SOLD? Let me know.

These are top-of-the-line and brand new!
    Last edited by upallnight; 03-07-2006 at 01:10 AM.

PS These do step in to Freerides, Naxos, Dynafits, and all alpine bindings I've tried.

never had a chance to slip one on
    how do they fit in comparison to say someone who fits in a
    10 size work boot and street shoe
    9.5 super snug shimano road bike shoe
    27.5 snug yet comfy salomon xwave 8
    26.5 perfect fit on a lange 120wc

Hey, pechelman...

It's hard to offer sizing information over the web -- I don't have any personal experience ith any of the boots you've listed. I can say that I typically wear a size 9/9.5 street shoe, and I'd say these would be a tad big on me. (They only come in full sizes, so if I were keeping them for my own use I would go for a size 26.)

The sole length is 314 mm, I believe, if that helps.

I'd say there's a good chance they'd be right for you.

Are your Salomons & Langes Thermo fit or stock liners?

Do Salomon and Lange boots share the same shell size for 26/26.5 & 27/27.5 - or would 26.5/27 share the same shell size? (Sorry, I'm used to the AT boot world.)

Again, as a street shoe 9, I'd want the 26.

Let me know what you think...or maybe someone else out there can offer additional info.

OHC-- D'oh! I originally posted on 2/16! Should'a bumped it sooner as it could have gotten you a good deal and me some cash. Anyway, it sounds like you wound up with a great boot that is right for you, so that is the most important thing.

Hope these will make somebody happy.

if they're brand new and you're in JH, why can't you take them to LL and exchange them?

I'd be all over these if they were 26.0, but then again so would you.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

What is the last shape of these boots? Narrow? Average? Wide? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hop
    if they're brand new and you're in JH, why can't you take them to LL and exchange them?

I'd be all over these if they were 26.0, but then again so would you.
    Good question. They're actually a pair I received from a warranty return. I had a rare problem with them (with the ski/walk mode bar), so I took them into Life-Link. I discovered the problem when I was exploring ways to soften them up a bit.

LL gave me a brand-new pair of boots (including new Thermo liners), but I was still faced with softening them up a bit for my taste & interests.

When I took into account that (a) I had sized them up a tad for touring, (b) I was now looking at modifying a pair of boots that had never even been on a foot and (c) I had 2 other pair of boots in my rotation...I just realized it made sense to offer these up for sale. For someone looking for an ultra-high-performance AT boot that is lighter than an alpine boot, they'd be perfect...A really good cross-over boot.

I asked LL if the problem I had was common, and they had only heard of one other incident on a pair that had been skied heavily. Dynafit also had not heard of/seen that issue before. That said, LL/Dynafit warranty department is superb, and these boots are covered.

I'd probably keep them had I got them in a 26, but given all the above it doesn't make sense for me, and it's better for someone else to get 'em & rip than to have them sit around in my closet.

Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by ski whore
    What is the last shape of these boots? Narrow? Average? Wide? Thanks.
    I found them to be narrower than my Denalis (which tend toward the wide/boxy side, in my experience), and wider than my Garmonts (which seem to be quite narrow).

I think they're pretty "average" in terms of volume, in my experience.

PM sent...
    To have a great adventure and survive requires good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. And experience, of course, is the result of poor judgment. -Geoff Tabin

SOLD. Thanks for looking.