Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    And your contribution to this thread is?
    Ideally? Put it out of its misery, so other poor souls expecting to get the usual useful dose of info found when searching these forums don't waste time sifting through your dick-waving looking for an answer.

If I can just get you to STFU, I'll have contributed more to this thread than anyone else so far.

tony while you have contributed a lot, treepinner definitely knows his shit, and the info he has provided is some of the best in this thread. the whole personal challenge this is boring as shit. no one cares.

he has 100 posts in over a year, you have more than that in a month, he takes his time but everything he has said seems spot on. if you concede that you have different opinions on what softshell really means, you should agree with me.

i dont really care to know the model names of jackets he has used, do you?
    this thread is very informative, no need for cunting it up as flip said.

tp, whatever additional info you provide im sure people would like to read.

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    Ideally? Put it out of its misery, so other poor souls expecting to get the usual useful dose of info found when searching these forums don't waste time sifting through your dick-waving looking for an answer.

If I can just get you to STFU, I'll have contributed more to this thread than anyone else so far.
    Don't kid yourself.

You can get definitely get me to STFU with your insights and well founded arguments.

Not with your well-behaved ranting.

Vinnay, I am glad you appreciate Treepiner's contribution and you had the right to express it. I had the right to contribute I am not in his "Goretex SS is incredibly breathable" camp without evidence proving it so. When politely asked for this evidence, he bragged about some GTX Soft Shell jackets that were more breathable than Schoeller, etc. that he never named.

You are asking if I care? Of course I care! If not I wouldn't have pitch him to do it several times. He bragged about these products and later never named them. Hence, IMO phony until he names some names.

I contributed with some links to tests about soft shell breathability that Patagonia (nonetheless) have done and links to opinions of expert climbers (Mark Twight, Andy Kirkpatrick) that helped developed the market for current soft shell standards.

Treepiner contributed with some lab-rat definition of membrane I can find in any chemistry book.
    Last edited by Tony; 01-05-2007 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnay View Post
    if you concede that you have different opinions on what softshell really means, you should agree with me.
    The only single poster that has a different opinion on what softshell really means in this entire thread is....Treepiner.

He is the only one that thinks Goretex Soft Shell breathes like real Soft Shell.

my point is that there is no need in making an informative thread hostile, i think its ridiculous. im not saying what you've said isn't helpful or anything.