Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    ...its big,private and off limits and contributes to decrease in lands available to the general public.
    Oh, I agree with all that, I was just curious about how much land it was. When you know that a square mile is 640 acres you can see that 131,000 acres is a damn big chunk.

Baldface Sickness Dec 29, 05 - Jan 1, 06

In response to the people that were sick in early Jan 06, I feel your frustration. I and the rest of my group that made up an entire cat of 12 had a very similar experience over the 05/06 New Year, and we had no warning whatsoever. In fact on the last day we were down to only 6 people that were fit to ski. The term "fit" might be a stretch - we just didn't require a toilet within reach, but nausea still prevailed. I was at Baldaface at the same time last year and had a great trip. I have to say the people were excellent. The fact that the development of the place is still underway is not a real hang up for me as Im there for the skiing, and they have accomplished a lot in a short time span. What concerns me is the lack of response we had when bringing symptoms to the management at Baldface. Concerns were quickly dismissed as the flu, or a problem that was brought to the area via a customer. Albeit, my next comment is purely speculative, however I think it may have some merit. <The sickness related incidents (to my knowledge) were not occurring prior to the major construction. Ie, the large amount of work on water supplies, septic fields, drainage etc.> Just a thought.......

another report just in from a friend who returned from Baldface a week ago......half the group got sick and couldn't ski due to Norwalk and they got absolutely NO warning before going to the lodge that there was a persistant infection on premesis

unfortunate ethical issue for the owners to deal with. for that amount of money, you'd think clients might be warned. i have nothing against Baldface, i have a good friend who works up there.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

The local health inspector is looking to speak with guests who've gotten sick. As you might well imagine, Baldface is stonewalling their request for guest lists. If you've been up there and gotten sick, please take the time to call them.