Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Maggot Bar Review

Alright -- let's figure out how many damn lawyers and law students we have here. This way, we can band together and defend ourselves if Scot Schmidt ever gets a posse together to kill us off.

I suggest only a couple rules:

1) No discussions of substantive law while wearing skis.
    2) Pro Bono legal advice to fellow maggots when practical.
    3) Bar Review includes a review of a drinking establishment once a week by a lawyer on the board. Just indicate the week ahead who will do it. I suggest one of you pick it up for this week since I will be busy as hell until next monday.

Any other suggestions? Who's in?
    Last edited by Rusty Nails; 01-23-2006 at 03:50 PM.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Count me in. I can pick up the review after this coming weekend's newest forte in Seattle's Bar scene.

Res Ipsa Drinkotur.

I'm in. That is, I'm in American Legal History right now and can't respond more fully.

School: Beasley (Temple Univ)
    Year: 3L
    Legal Interests: Corporate, Tax, Bankruptcy
    Using the Whole Fist, Doc?: Moooon Riverrrrrr
    Drink of Choice: Maker's & Soda

Count me in. I vote to also ban all latin legaleese puns. This means you, commonlaw.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

I'm in and will do the bar review for this week. Thirsty Thursdays at Shanahan's tavern in the Couv. 1$ beer night brings out those who ordinarily live under a rock or are my defendants (one in the same I guess)...I may actually have to stop going there after this Thursday for fear of a conflict of interest arising.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Let's see, by names and avatars I'm joined by the worst looking dude on the board, a sleazy lawyer from Bloom County, and a garden elf??? Fuck. Off to a great start...

Commonlaw and Girlski -- you have the first reviews. Girlski this week, Commonlaw next week. Of course, I know many a Seattle bar, so don't come up short. Damn if I wouldn't kill for Marg at Pesos right now!
    "Girl, let us freak."

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    Count me in. I vote to also ban all latin legaleese puns. This means you, commonlaw.

Agreed.

8 characters.

I would be happy to assist in this worthy endeavor. But it sounds like the next few weeks we are set. I will calendar a trip to the "Utah Classic" aka "Bar X" for a few weeks down the road. I have been meaning to take MT there anyway, just to show him that Montana is not the only state that has little crappy bars with cold cheap beer..... Ummm TANKERS!
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Nails
    Let's see, by names and avatars I'm joined by the worst looking dude on the board, a sleazy lawyer from Bloom County, and a garden elf??? Fuck. Off to a great start...

Commonlaw and Girlski -- you have the first reviews. Girlski this week, Commonlaw next week. Of course, I know many a Seattle bar, so don't come up short. Damn if I wouldn't kill for Marg at Pesos right now!

I can only assume that "worst looking dude on the Board" refers to me. While I will not rely completely on my pituitary gland issues, I can say that the rockin this mullet and glasses with the goggle strap lands me major ass at the Seattle bars and will only fuel my Bar Review TR. I won't consider your statement as libel considering that truth is an ultimate defense.

Even though the strange ways of this board confuse and frighten me, I'm in.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Me too - although not sure who cares about Anchorage bars...Michigan Law '05 - now clerking for the State Court of Appeals (recently given a big ups in Berman's law and sentencing blog)...

BTW can I get continuing legal education credits for this?

I am a lawyer in SLC.
    Work right next door to Bar X, too, prof, so perhaps I can lend a hand . . . shit, maybe I'll head over there right now ... so thirsty...

a sleazy lawyer from Bloom County
    One more ad hominem attack like that and I'll come down there and slash your tires.

The new pope is a drinking lawyer that works in Salt Lake?

Truly the lord works in mysterious ways.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

No accountants!

Hey! I took classes at the lie school! it sed studints!

edit- besides, I don't want in your gay little club.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    edit- besides, I don't want in your gay little club.
    You are more than welcome to help me do research when you are in town, despite your disparaging/homophobic comments

Count me in to take care of Hoboken/NYC and SoVT if needed. Seton Hall '07 - shoulda been '06 but I was dumb enough to sign on for a M.A. as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Only if it is something fun. You already know the places I want to go for additional researching though so I'm sure it will be. My areteries are still crusted over from last time.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Professor
    You are more than welcome to help me do research when you are in town, despite your disparaging/homophobic comments
    I want in the gay little club, but only if I can continue making disparaging/homophobic comments as a memeber. Actually, I'm not homophobic. I'm actually in favor of same-sex marriage as long as they're both the same race.
    I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes my key.

count me in. i go to the school's bar review every thursday except a week from this Thurs when I am going to Ootah (Professor, care to join us on the slopes?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by yesIsaidyes
    Me too - although not sure who cares about Anchorage bars...Michigan Law '05 - now clerking for the State Court of Appeals (recently given a big ups in Berman's law and sentencing blog)...
    Humpy's
    Simon and Seaforts
    The Corvair
    F Street (many a lawyer)
    Koots
    Last Frontier
    Irish Setter (if ya like hookers)
    Beartooth and Moose's Tooth
    Rumrunners
    Darwins

Then, of course, there's the few in Girdwood as well. Now, you also better put up a solid review when the time comes as some of us practiced drinking (and a bit of law) up there for a few years...

Rekanize.
    "Girl, let us freak."

Humpy's
    Simon and Seaforts
    The Corvair
    F Street (many a lawyer)
    Koots
    Last Frontier
    Irish Setter (if ya like hookers)
    Beartooth and Moose's Tooth
    Rumrunners
    Darwins

Then, of course, there's the few in Girdwood as well. Now, you also better put up a solid review when the time comes as some of us practiced drinking (and a bit of law) up there for a few years...

Rekanize.
    you definitely forgot the Great Alaskan Bush Company.

You forgot the Office Lounge on Northernlights and Bernie's downtown - although IMHO there is only one bar in Anchorage and it is called Darwin's (the rest are lame imitations since the oil boom coke money dried up) - more on this later in my review...