Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Another maggot on the way

There are a few maggots that already know this piece of info that I'm about to share so I thought I'd let the cat out of the bag so to speak and share with the rest of the group.

Mrs V and I are going to add to the collective this coming July. It is very stange to think that I am going to be a father, am I really old enough to be a father? Kind of mind blowing.

It was a strange way that we found out. Mrs. V had been scheduled to have some surgery on her knee and we were waiting for an appropriate donor graft to come in. The doc's office finally called to say that the graft was ready and her surgery was going to be the following week. unfortunately the graft did not pass the screening process and it was put off for about the 3rd time in 3 months. Then later the same week another graft was released from the tissue bank and yet again we got the call saying it was time for surgery and it would be on Monday. It is now Thursday.

At which point Mrs V realizes that she has been feeling kind of queazy and not sure whn her last period was...... uh oh!!!!!

So off to the store for a home test, its positive, now what.... its now Friday and her surgery date is coming up..... I can tell you this was a very tense time....very stressful.

Off to the OB/GYN for a confirmation on Friday morning. And as we thought that test was positive too.

Off to the knee surgeon to let them know and to see if she can still have surgery or not..................NOT.

So anyway Mrs V is about 10 weeks or so pregant and we'll be parents come mid-july.

We are both excited and nervous this is will be our first child. Very crazy times these are.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Many many congrats V! Great news!
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Nice shootin tex!

Another round of congrats and good lucks to you and the mrs.

Congrats dude...

he shoots

HE SCORES!!!!!!!!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

I've been feeling queasy this last couple of days but attribute it to Gincognito dropping a torch down a stairwell onto my head. Should I get a testing kit?

Congatulations, mang!

Anytime you come in contact with Gin you should have some sort of testing kit on hand. Not sure exactly what you'd be testing for but have on ready just in case.

Thanks everyone.

WhiteRoom Skis

right on Vin! anytime that kid gets hurt, you'll just look at him and say "if your metatarsel really was strained you'd be hopping around like a flamingo at a hip hop show....get back out there and huck something!" You'll be a great Dad.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman
    It is very stange to think that I am going to be a father, am I really old enough to be a father? Kind of mind blowing.

We are both excited and nervous this is will be our first child. Very crazy times these are.

Same thoughts I had and how many other first dads, especially here? Am I old enough really is not the question we are asking though IMO. It is "am I mature enough to do this (and how will it impact my ski time ).

Yes you are and you can manage your time to get in plenty of skiing, this I have learned.

I have have to vote for July 18 (my bday) !

Huge congrats to both of you and I will say, bring up my thread of Going to be a Dad and there is some great info in there, I still go back to read more. If you want to that is.

Awesome news!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

That kid will be so rad with you and Mrs. V for parents, not to mention the surroundings.

Congrats.

Awesome news Vin - kids are the most unbelievable thing ever. Good luck to you and Mrs. V.
    I went out there in search of experience. To taste, and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can, before he repents.

Nice shot Vin! Congrats, hope the knee holds up til she can get it fixed.

awesome news Vin! Good luck to you and the Mrs
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Big congrats to you guys, I'm so stoked for you!

You will be an awesome father Vin
    you sketchy character, you

Congrats Vin

Congrats again Vin...

Huge congrats to you and misses Vin!

Great news, Vin - Congrats to you and the Mrs!

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    30 more weeks!!!
    Congrats.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Haha! You two will be awesome parents I'm sure. Good luck and enjoy!

FUCK YEAH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congrats, Mrs & Mr. Vin!
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Way to go....kids change your life - it is a great thing. I like to focus on the fact that there are more good times than bad.
    We hold daggers in the side of the Moon...

Here's the little grom's first pic

I know that just looks like a blob but the doc said the head was the far right blob, the middle blob is the body and the 2 little things sticking off were an arm and a leg maybe.
    Last edited by Vinman; 12-14-2005 at 12:28 PM.

WhiteRoom Skis

Congratulations V-Man. Have you bought a pair of baby-BROs already?
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Very happy for you and Mrs. "Veen"!
    Your dog just ate an avocado!