Rumour: Atomic is gonna release a touring binding..

Well, something I heard by.

Atomic is planning releasing a renamed silveretta/revampped silveretta touring binding under it´s name by the start of the january. Well, at least they plan to bring it to Ispo or something.

Btw. I have absolutely no facts on this subject,just overheard a conversation by two black clad men in a back alley..

I might learn more about it by the end of the week.Maybe.

i hope this is not old news...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

The supposed Atomic touring binding will probably be heavier than any randonnee binding and the brakes will be clunky and awkward. They will redesign the Silveretta binding, just as Atomic did with the E.S.S. binding (which they bought). Atomic will probably have plate for its touring binding, and we know how Alpine and telemark/randonnee don't like that.

As for the new improved Neox binding - it's still damned heavy, unlike E.S.S. bindings.

maybe it will have a readout on the toe to let you know if you are in walk or tour mode.

or maybe it will come with a nice lead filled lifter too ...

oh well. nice to see someone trying at least ....

I would think AmerSports would just buy a touring binding like Fritschi or Naxo if they wanted one. They've got the cash...
    Elvis has left the building

If you've got the current issue of Couloir they have pics of the "new" Atomic AT binding "developed" with Silvretta that's a dead ringer for the Pure family (with a slightly different color scheme and atomic logos everywhere).
    Elvis has left the building