Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

I have also been meaning to bump this to add a little more info on the Tyrolia Mojo 15s. I'm not very good at being concise, but here goes.

-Burly, not all metal, but mostly metal, with a wide din range so you can fear niether prerelease nor knee destruction (also with a pivot release heel).
    -Pretty much the only binding that is decently light, burly, and works well with trekers.
    -Pretty Cheap retail price too.

I think this will be my go to binding from now on. Great for people that like to huck, but aren't rockstar baddass's, or people that weigh less than 200 lbs, yet still expect thier equipment to be strong. For most of us, the p18s and 916s, although badass, are pretty impractical. The Mojo 15 is a great compromise between a burly race stock binding, and a flimsy retail binding.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Bindings - Rossi PRO 150/180 (GEZE toe). Solid binding, awesome heelpiece, and go for peanuts with old race skis at ski swaps. I personally prefer the toe piece over the ZR/p18, and this one can be hand in a DIN range for mortals. No adjustability, but none of the true turntables have that.

What about for SKINNY/EC/EVERYDAY SKIS the 8800/intiutiv/inspired bigs... I thought this was mentioned already but doesnt seem to be there

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    they are under "soft skis"
    Yep, I knew I was retarded

I'm still saying Elan 777s, and Nordica Supercharger Blowers should be there too. Also, Volkl Mantras with their lame, flappy tips shouldn't be in stiffer skis IMHO.

I would also like to give a little info on the Rossi Scratch BC's. I don't know if this is enough to put them in the "not recomended" category, but the bases are seriously thin, and soft. A freind of mine recently put a core shot in his and he says he barely even felt himself hit anything. Looking at the hole, I saw that there is almost no thickness to the base.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by hop
    Here's what I'd change to LB's tele binding list:
    Linkens (easy step in, neutral feel, durability issues with toebar, snow buildup in wetter snow, de facto binding for certain maggot crew that prefers Coors Light )
    Bombers (bomber, heavy, expensive, adjustable active/neutral)
    R8's (relatively active, relatively solid, relatively cheap, no frills just performance)
    Hammerheads (highly adjustable from very active to very neutral in theory but a pain to do in the field)
    UTBs (10 point crampon under your toes, step in once you put the binding on your boot, sweet heel lifter, expensive, less active than R8, more so than Linken, maybe HH position 3)
    G3 (relatively neutral, somewhat less durable than others, somewhat sloppier than others, relatively cheap)
    Voile Hardwire (??? simple, relatively cheap)
    yer summary is pretty much identical to my experience. 'ceptin' i haven't (yet) tried the UTBs.

And I'd add this on the voile hardwire (beyond simple and cheap): almost as active as the R8, lightest tele binding on the market that can crank stiff fatties reasonably well.

And I'd add this on the 7tm Power: definite improvement over the regular 7tm, sorta feels like a G3, not a great choice for driving stiff fatties
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

bumpity bump
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    I would also like to give a little info on the Rossi Scratch BC's. I don't know if this is enough to put them in the "not recomended" category, but the bases are seriously thin, and soft. A freind of mine recently put a core shot in his and he says he barely even felt himself hit anything. Looking at the hole, I saw that there is almost no thickness to the base.

is that this year's or last year's? big difference between the two

what`s the matter with marker bindings??

Quote Originally Posted by Mechmaster
    The issue with Marker bindings comes from the lack of elasticity in the release mechanism. The shape of the release cam favors release over retension; that is, the toe has a tendency to release under small impacts rather than "snap" back to center. Thus, although the behaviour under the quasi-static loading of the release test may say one thing, the actual dynamic behaviour of the mechanism is very different.

Current retail Markers have a vertical release mechanism in the toe. Unfortunately, the mechanism is "tuned" very conservatively; ~1/5-1/10 of the release force required for lateral release is required for vertical release, presumably to help prevent knee injuries. This implies that during events where the skier places a load on the toe in a vertical direction (ie. hucking), the boot is much more likely to release than during "regular" skiing.

In response, many skiers increase their DIN setting. This increases the vertical load required to release, but also raises the lateral force required for release. Marker team bindings have a metal "bar" in the toe which locks out the vertical release function. In theory, this should increase the binding retension characteristics. In practice, pro skiers generally raise the DIN in these bindings to unrealistic values. The Marker binding with the 18-30 DIN represents the largest DIN range I've ever seen; the max comp bindings from Salomon and Look run from 14-20 and 8-18, respectively.
    to make a long story short. search, and there are MANY MANY MANY threads about this
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by carolalacaracola
    what`s the matter with marker bindings??
    Nothing. If you like unexpected big air.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

this needs to be made a sticky. this will hopefully save some bandwidth space as there'll be less "does anybody make skis to slay the gnar pow" questions. oh yea, and the answer to that question is "NO".

Quote Originally Posted by Playa
    is that this year's or last year's? big difference between the two
    I'm pretty sure it was last years.

yeah make it a STICKY!!!!

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Toss Telebulldogs in there too (burly step in 3 pins, neutral yet torsionally stiff)

Heh, just came across this thread. Nice work marshall.

And to all the Linken homers: wake up and get on some bindings that don't have you skiing like a ballerina. Bishops rule over the Linkens any day.

how come u put ANTs on ur list but not jp vs juliens?

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mojorisin
    this needs to be made a sticky. this will hopefully save some bandwidth space as there'll be less "does anybody make skis to slay the gnar pow" questions. oh yea, and the answer to that question is "NO".
    (sigh) I doubt it. Seems like that question is asked by every jong retard with incredible frequency. If they can't read the other numerous threads about gnar-pow-slaying skis, I doubt they'll read stickies.

Hell, they don't even read "Meet The Minions"

Was looking at this thread again and figured might as well bump it

I'm at work with nothing better to do so, BUMP.

bump for waists and 06 skis
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

how about adding the sandwich fischers as softer everyday skis?

fischer watea (101mm) - very soft tip, very easy to handle, best in soft snow. not that stable at higher speeds,great in the trees. 192 only but feels shorter...

fischer atua (96mm) - soft allmountain twin 186cm only...

freak~[&]

edit: phat luv 90mm waist? i thought they got 95... but can be wrong.
    Last edited by freak; 03-28-2006 at 02:49 PM.

BLOODSWEATSTEEL Guest
    Bump to add King Salmons to the lineup..... to pretty much fill any spot in the quiv, except the super-fatties.