Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    did you just add the req for tele stuff?

regardless...

bindings:

Linkens (the de facto offical mag binding)
    Bombers (they are)
    R8s (a mag's spancer)
    Hammerheads (much as I don't give a shit for cable bindings I'm sure they're fine)
    UTB (crampons? sweet)

The ski front...well my list looks a lot like your stiff fatty list so it should be okay to just call those good
    Meh. Linkens are hardly the de facto official mag tele binding. however since they are no longer distributed in the US, and since toebar fatigue cracks are still happening with the redesigned version, you can pick up Linkens mega-cheap in stores that have a few pair gathering dust.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

unnn huh. Name a more popular binding among the primarily freeheel mags.

edit- in case there's any unclarity mag = maggot, jong.
    Last edited by lemon boy; 12-09-2005 at 03:04 PM.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Name a more popular binding among the primarily freeheel mags.
    Yeah, as long as both you and MT are on them that makes two. Then me on R8 and Hop on UTB's. I guess the accounting adds up to a 100% lead for Linken still (since MT resisted a snide shot at converting him )
    self unemployed?

you forgot the prof in there.

I am proud of MT's fortitude in the face of temptation!
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

TP - Did you see the prof's domination? I'm thinking this alone puts Linkens well into the drivers seat:

What a bunch of pussy skis!
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

yeah, but i have a garage filled with skis mounted with cobra R8s...including my M103s...so that easily counteracts prof's linken quiver.

i really don't care which bindings make person x, y, or z happy. it's all good.

however i'm sure you see the irony in the situation. local shops here have linkens they'll practically give you for free. in mammoth and tahoe i see hand-scrawled posts on bulletin boards (you know, the kind made with cork) saying '1 pr used linkens, $50 obo'. a telemag friend who used to be on the linken bandwagon no longer is. on the chair i run into 2 old friends who were die-hard linkenites, but no longer are, due to breakage issues. no NA distributor. and then i come on to tgr and see 'em recommended as some sorta default tele binding choice?

:whatever:

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson
    thats sick. we'd love to see a pic of your boards.
    someone once posted that quiver photos are sorta masturbatory. whereas photo of a new pair of boards is not. i'm not gonna comment one way or another on that.

just went in the garage, and only 5 pairs of cobras mounted.

i've skied linkens and they work okay. i'm not hatin on 'em. 3+ years ago the linken mafia amused me. i'm still amused.

Marsh

you could add the Public Enemy to the EC/All Mountain skis

really nice all around ski that's versitile enough to keep anyone occupied between storms, its perfect for EC type terrain(Parks/Bumps/Trees)
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

What about park skis?

You have covered pretty much everything so far except park skis.

K2 Fujative (very soft so pretty park specific, but i ski mine fine all mtn)
    Volkl Dogen(soft all over no flex points so its really fun but i would say not as good as fujative)
    T-Hall Pro(alot like fujative)
    4FRNT STL( pretty stiff compared to others skis this year pretty good all mtn too)
    Line Invader(heard about alot of problems but sounds sick. I havent skied it so cant comment)
    Atomic Triplets(comes as a 3. Good durability and good choice for those who snap skis a lot)
    Armada AR5( great ski. Good everywhere)
    Line Chronic(similar to AR5)
    K2 PE(personally not a fan. Feels very dead but its a solid ski for all mtn)
    Salomon 1080 Foil(another ski thats good for everything, particularly carving all mtn...)
    Volkl karama(speaks for itself similar to PE-stiff and solid everywhere)

Cool thread.

Curious about Invader probs, hadn't heard of any and I just bought a pair of the Invader Minis ofr my kid.

Sweet call on the TNC's, I used to love those things to death.

Yeah I paid like $178.00 for them new and the kid's only 90 pounds, if he makes it through this year and next it's a steal and and even if he wrecks 'em this year it won't hurt too too much. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Cool thread.

Curious about Invader probs, hadn't heard of any and I just bought a pair of the Invader Minis ofr my kid.

Sweet call on the TNC's, I used to love those things to death.
    I've heard about various durability and delam issues but have also heard its super fun but better to stick to something like a fujatives as they are strong fun and reliable.

The k2 that competes against the Invader Mini is the Juvy, they're the same price and the Juvy is 10 less underfoot and made in China, and anyway what's done is done. This should probably be in a different thread, I'll stop now.

did you just add the req for tele stuff?

regardless...

bindings:

Linkens (the de facto offical mag binding)
    Bombers (they are)
    R8s (a mag's spancer)
    Hammerheads (much as I don't give a shit for cable bindings I'm sure they're fine)
    UTB (crampons? sweet)

The ski front...well my list looks a lot like your stiff fatty list so it should be okay to just call those good
    Here's what I'd change to LB's tele binding list:
    Linkens (easy step in, neutral feel, durability issues with toebar, snow buildup in wetter snow, de facto binding for certain maggot crew that prefers Coors Light )
    Bombers (bomber, heavy, expensive, adjustable active/neutral)
    R8's (relatively active, relatively solid, relatively cheap, no frills just performance)
    Hammerheads (highly adjustable from very active to very neutral in theory but a pain to do in the field)
    UTBs (10 point crampon under your toes, step in once you put the binding on your boot, sweet heel lifter, expensive, less active than R8, more so than Linken, maybe HH position 3)
    G3 (relatively neutral, somewhat less durable than others, somewhat sloppier than others, relatively cheap)
    Voile Hardwire (??? simple, relatively cheap)

As for skis, another +++ for the Apache Chief. Solid, soft, fat pow stick
    Last edited by hop; 12-10-2005 at 12:05 AM.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Name a more popular binding among the primarily freeheel mags.
    TP - Did you see the prof's domination?
    Forgotten. I thought he was using training heels on the B4's actually. Maybe having MT in town is good. For the time being I think that pic settles it (seing I only own one pair of BD's and they have alpine binders. Looking forward to see what the finnish Santa brings for xmas now) settled it, yes. That's two cool setups he's got there.
    self unemployed?

Although I don't have any pics because being a hobo means my shit is spread out all over the place. However, I can give an account of my Linkens currently mounted. It should help the count a little bit.

190 Tanker - Linken
    193 Monster (original) - Linken
    200 Ultra Wave - Linken
    201 Asteroid - Linken
    200 Rockets - Linken
    198 XXXX (older version) - Linken
    193 Big Daddy - Linken
    193 Big Daddy (all black) Linken
    193 Sanouk - Linken

Recently removed from tele service are..

193 team stock 103's - Linken
    198 10.EX - Linken

I'll see what I can do for a pick here soon.

I'll add to the Linken list.

190 Exploder -Linken

Also add to the R8 crowd.

177 Karhu Agent - R8

Totally undecided on what to put on my new 193 iM103. Leaning towards a pair of R8's.

superb and useful job. Just two comments:

BD verdict: I only flexed them (and saw them used by Bruno Compagnet) but they're big, stiff, burly, squared tail. If you're thinkin about Rossi squad but don't have the $$$$, they might accomodate your big ego.

Old Rossi XX: I got an old dirty abused pair from a rental garbage, and IMVHO they still stand among the best skinny skis for hard snow days. Please note that the same is NOT true for the new generation of B2.

great thread!

P.S. When I tele, I do so poorly. But I do it on R-8s, and I will slap R-8s on the next pair I get too. I am so suck. But I love the binder.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

who knows how heavy the head mojo 90s are? i can get me a sweet deal on them but dont want to tour with them and my naxo nx21s unless theyre light enough

Whos got AK launchers in new condition they want to sell around 180cm? I almost had them for 350 off ebay, but got outbid. Please PM me if you know of anything.

favorite boots for hucking anyone? Ive been jumping 20+ ft in my scarpa denalis and feel its time to move away from the AT boots, and go bigger with a better, alpine boot. That being said, I know nothing about boots, and JONG me all you want if this is in another thread, Ive already searched to no avail so let me know.

I think you should add Elan m777 for soft. In 192cm it is still the best ski I've ever skied. plus the warranty is unbelievable (shooting-themselves-in-the-foot-unbelievable).

bump

- A. Solzhenitsyn

How about adding the 7tm's to the tele bindings:
    Din releasable; available in tour, all mtn, and power versions. All mtn neutral, power more active (similar to #3 position on hammerheads). Tour version pivots at toe like an AT binding.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.