Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19
    Thread has gone from a round table for tech, to a spitoon where everybody hoarks their lugies. Time for an overhaul?

would there be any place for salomon dumonts in this list? im curious as to where they would fit in

Thanx

Great list, ruined by the whiners in the comments

I really dig that two of the classic skis, worth it if you can find 'em are boards I have and use. Snowrangers (the last year, LTD edition! I went through three pair: first shitty mount by a shop, a screw made the base delam! second swiped from the ski lease house by some dooshbag) and The atomic original powder skis, though mine are the Cruise model. NICE and stiff, no sidecut. They can shred the groomers.

I ride the 'Rangers for resort days. The Atomics have a demo track so I set them up for powder days with various friends who say they "can't ski powder". Now you can!

Can anyone point me to an updated version of this anywhere?

Blizzard Bonafides...what should I mount on them?

Quote Originally Posted by tom111869 View Post
    Blizzard Bonafides...what should I mount on them?
    Bindings.

That just not cool.

But truthful.

I know of no real compatibility questions between particular flat skis and particular bindings. The differences lie in the user's preferences, DIN range, availability of appropriate brakes, and application (e.g., downhill vs. A/T vs. telemark). The only other considerations that I take into account are price (which can often vary dramatically for comparable bindings) and whether the binding is co-marketed with the ski (which makes no real functional difference, but can double the warranty for the ski -- and may also have coordinated graphics, woohoo!).

Here, the poster hasn't even told us his DIN setting, weight, skiing style, or anything else that would allow a specific suggestion. Not that one is merited, but it's impossible here.

To paraphrase Digital Underground, mount whatchalike.
    not counting days 2016-17

people still read this list? i have not updated it in over 5 years, is there a reason to not delete it?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

It's still a good reference for older skis. Maybe re-name?

Hey, guys, we're going to unsticky this thread if nobody has any reasonable objections, given it's outdatedness.

That's right marshal start another one!

I don't know man.......there's a lot of good info marshal put up. Maybe just change the name to 'looking at the used skis floating around' or recommended non-current models' or something.