Check Out Our Shop

quick JONG binding question

Ok, so I want to put some new boots on my old skis. The binders are atomic race something or others. Now when I put them in, the forward pressure indicator screw thingy pops out. Do I just need to screw this in so that it is flush with the heel piece of the binder? The boots aren't that much bigger than the old ones, so I don't need to remount.

thanks

not an answer, but i thought we might as well consolidate the JONG binder questions.

when getting a pair of pre-owned/demo skis have have been mounted (and you plan on putting your own binders on them) is there anything to take into consideration? i know you guys all mention what your skis were mounted for when you sell them, but what's the reason?

i'm used to buying un-mounted skis and thus have no experience with this stuff...
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."

bump, anyone?

Dip,
    you should be able to back the screw out flush to the housing. If you are not able to get it to flush, remove the plate that is the afd , and check the bars for the proper boot mm, it will be inscribed on the bars.

Jackamo,
    Sometimes similar boot millimeters or mounts are often not in need of re-mounting. If this can be avoided, it's nice not to have a few extra holes, if it can be prevented.
    Skiing, where my mind is even if my body isn't.

Originally posted by CaddyDaddy77
    Dip,
    you should be able to back the screw out flush to the housing. If you are not able to get it to flush, remove the plate that is the afd , and check the bars for the proper boot mm, it will be inscribed on the bars.

What if it is not 100% flush? It's inside just a tiny tiny bit. Does it really matter? It's also harder than I remember to click in.

It's werid though, the new boot is only 1mm bigger.