Boot center is wrong

ALWAYS double check the boot center or boot tip marks on your skis.
    I went to mount up the second ski and noticed that the binding template was lined up differently with the factory screw hole "dimples" Atomic put in the topsheet than the first ski.
    I re-checked the factory boot center marks and one of them is off by 50mm! WTF!
    Granted, it probably wouldn't make much difference skiing, but FYI, never trust any of the marks on the ski.
    I always knew not to trust the graphics for centering side to side, but I never heard of boot tip or boot center marks being so far out of whack.
    Glad I'm mounting my own, as any shop would just have lined up on the boot center mark.

50mm?Pffft. Ya won't even notice the difference.

Originally posted by trainnvain
    50mm?Pffft. Ya won't even notice the difference.
    Yeah. It's only about 2 inches

drC

And tell whoever is mounting them to do so as well!

I just got some Chetlers and the store messed up mounting them by about half a CM. The factory was to blame (if you don't count blaming the tech for not double checking).

Printed on the skis are two big lines for center mount and factory mount, on one ski there were 10 hash marks in between the lines and only 9 on the other. They just decided not to print the 10th for some reason, leaving an extra large gap to the back (factory line). The tech just counted up 4 lines from the factory line on both skis and mounted.

Definitely should check every time, and maybe recheck.

Yep, that was a pair of Atomic R:ex from a few years back.

It taught me to always pull out the measuring tape to check boot center marks.
    Esp. when they are printed on the topsheet graphic.

Nice bump.
    . . .

Tele babes G3 Sirens use a sticker with the boot center mark which sounds like a good idea assuming they stuck it in the right place

besides I don't remember if I measured to see if they were stuck in the right spot but it's just a tele ski ... so que est que fuck eh?

the line on the jj's was out 1/4 inch or so

If you aren't using a tape measure, masking tape, and a square for every mount...

... you are doing it wrong.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!