Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HyRUPz
    What kind of teenager writes in complete, well spelled, sentences?

If not a cop then, then ... a jong?

How old are you, jongariffic?
    19, at the U

Easy solution for ya then ... wait three years and get a real one ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by fridge
    This used to be a very common method of getting fake i.d. around here. But this was before pictures were taken with digital cameras. You'd walk in, say you lost your license, needed a new one.

But I'm guessing that if your friend has had his picture taken for his license they will have his picture stored.
    thats what I was goign to do. say my wallet was stoeln. I just wanted to know what the DMV system was and if that would fly.

Quote Originally Posted by elguapo435
    thats what I was goign to do. say my wallet was stoeln. I just wanted to know what the DMV system was and if that would fly.
    So you would risk a felony for the two years of drinking you'll be able to do?

"Several unfortunate students have been prosecuted for Forgery (the act of signing your friend's name on a DMV license or ID application using your friend's birth certificate). This type of Forgery is a felony, punishable by up to $10,000 fine, 5 years in jail, or both.

In addition to any penalty imposed by the sentencing court, you may also lose your driver license for at least one year, even if you are not convicted of the offense. And if you are convicted, most of these offenses are crimes of fraud or deceit which are viewed as evidence of untruthfulness or dishonesty by employers, insurers and in security clearance situations. Moreover, because most fake ID charges are driving code offenses, they generally may not be expunged (erased) from your record. That means you may carry the resulting criminal conviction forever."
    Last edited by funkendrenchman; 11-10-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HyRUPz
    Easy solution for ya then ... wait three years and get a real one ! ! !
    you can't subtract 19 from 21 and they let you have a license. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman
    So you would risk a felony for the two years of drinking you'll be able to do?

"Several unfortunate students have been prosecuted for Forgery (the act of signing your friend's name on a DMV license or ID application using your friend's birth certificate). This type of Forgery is a felony, punishable by up to $10,000 fine, 5 years in jail, or both.

In addition to any penalty imposed by the sentencing court, you may also lose your driver license for at least one year, even if you are not convicted of the offense. And if you are convicted, most of these offenses are crimes of fraud or deceit which are viewed as evidence of untruthfulness or dishonesty by employers, insurers and in security clearance situations. Moreover, because most fake ID charges are driving code offenses, they generally may not be expunged (erased) from your record. That means you may carry the resulting criminal conviction forever."

that sucks

who has a better idea?
    Uhhhh, wait until you are 21!

Seriously bro, what the fuck are you doing? Actually sit down and think about what you are doing.

Just sneak beer from older people if you want to drink. Wait until you are 21 and you'll enjoy the bar scene much more.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Uhhhh, wait until you are 21!

Seriously bro, what the fuck are you doing? Actually sit down and think about what you are doing.

Just sneak beer from older people if you want to drink. Wait until you are 21 and you'll enjoy the bar scene much more.
    what if I'm an illegal immigrant? then what?

Go for it first, but why don't you call them and fox news before you head down there so they have the cuffs ready and camera's rolling when you roll through the doors.

Hey kid-

Smoky ass rooms filled with losers aren't that sweet. White Russians however are... Tough call indeed. I think you'd be good to go as long as you didn't try to use it at a state liqour store. Those places are hooked directly to the CIA.

Besides, the dorms is where all of the sweet young college ass lives, hang out there while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH
    when you roll through the doors.
    so you like making fun of kids in wheelchairs do you? Make you feel all big and strong? Maybe I need this ID to go on my first date with a girl and I lied about my age? Girls don't like kids in wheelchairs like me.

what if I'm an illegal immigrant? then what?
    What if I really gave a shit?

DO IT! Take your buddies info, get caught, get you and your buddy arrested.

I think your friend is actually more stupid than you.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    Hey kid-

Smoky ass rooms filled with losers aren't that sweet. White Russians however are... Tough call indeed. I think you'd be good to go as long as you didn't try to use it at a state liqour store. Those places are hooked directly to the CIA.

Besides, the dorms is where all of the sweet young college ass lives, hang out there while you can.
    I'm not worried baout using the ID. I'm worried about getting the ID safely.

I drank more before I was 21 than any time after (or close to it) and I never had a fake ID. Going to the DMV is a bad idea, even when you have to. Have you ever seen the DMV in Utah; it's a leper colony down there.

I would suggest selling dope up in LCC, there seems to be an opening and the chicks really dig it. Or so I have heard...
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Back when I was 19, that is exactly how I got my fake. Walked into the Gunnison DMV with someone else's papers, then 10 minutes and five dollars later, I walked out with a brand spanking new, completely real, fake id.

However, the year was 1994, I think things are a bit different these days.
    representin is illmatic

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    What if I really gave a shit?

DO IT! Take your buddies info, get caught, get you and your buddy arrested.

I think your friend is actually more stupid than you.
    The last thing I need right now is for you to give up on me. Not now. Not after all we've been through. And if you are the kind of guy that gives out shit then I just don't know what to say about that.

You used to be able to go to Wyoming to do this because they didn't keep pictures on file. This was a few years ago, and actually probably isn't the case anymore after 9/11 and the new ID restrictions. Might be worth calling the closest Wyoming DMV and trying to figure out.

edit- It's still a felony and still not really worth the trouble just to be able to drink. You're 19 for christsakes how do you not know anyone who is 21 to buy you beer??? And don't tell me it's for you to go to the bars cause I know where you live and I know what the bars are like there.

Quote Originally Posted by robokill1981
    You used to be able to go to Wyoming to do this because they didn't keep pictures on file. This was a few years ago, and actually probably isn't the case anymore after 9/11 and the new ID restrictions. Might be worth calling the closest Wyoming DMV and trying to figure out.

edit- It's still a felony and still not really worth the trouble just to be able to drink. You're 19 for christsakes how do you not know anyone who is 21 to buy you beer??? And don't tell me it's for you to go to the bars cause I know where you live and I know what the bars are like there.
    concerts.

I think robbing liquor stores at gunpoint would probably have a better chance of success than your current plan.

Quote Originally Posted by robokill1981
    And don't tell me it's for you to go to the bars cause I know where you live and I know what the bars are like there.
    Maybe it's Thursday night and the kid has a serious hankering for the Metal Gods. Seriously, if I were in SLC right now, that's where I'd be headed...
    To have a great adventure and survive requires good judgment. Good judgment comes from experience. And experience, of course, is the result of poor judgment. -Geoff Tabin

Just renewed my CO license. Yep, picture was on the screen when they pulled up my info. Methinks you be skrewed on this approach. IF you get busted doing this, you will probably go to, Federal pound me in the ass prison. Of course, it is Utah so there will be lots of snow and good scenery for you and your new bunkie, Bubba.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by meatdrink9
    concerts.
    Good call!

I would call the closest Wyoming DMV and tell them you lost our ID and you want to to know if they keep pictures on file so you can get a new one quickly or if you have to take a whole new picture. Then hope to God you pull it off and don't end up in Federal pound me in the ass prison at 19.

edit-thanks LIP you totally stole my Office Space line right out from under me!

this used to be easy in UT, but then so was stealing hi tech ( at the time) hologram laminations and making fake ids with a computer and a camera.
    fyi, this little stunt had the fbi at my highschool in the late 80's. i was just a well informed recipient but a few kids got jammed up good and they were minors.
    drinking at 19 at he U is not that hard, true many of my friends there were in fraternities, but even the GDI's never seemed to have a probllem.

make friends with a local non LDS kid who drinks, they have been doing it for years.

there is a Market on 200 south and like 900 East I forget the name (my redneck friend called it Ho chi min's house of Alcohol) that used to sel to us w/o ID. prices were higher tho.

good luck, and don't come to any of my parties, thanks.
    Last edited by Woodsy; 11-10-2005 at 05:50 PM.

This whole thing sounds like a terrible idea. Is it really worth the risk? I had a fake when I was in UT, but it was a "fake". My main reason was concerts and as I guessed earlier I bet that's your reason too. Avoid government officials at all costs (so the DMV is out) and get some kid in the art department to help you out.

"do ya do drugs Danny?"