Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NO BOOTPACKING IN THE SKIN TRACK!!!

I will go postal on someone soon. Don't let it be you, for both of our sakes.

As I emerged from the woods and head up the West Side skin track (Gwen Smiths) at Berthoud, I'm met with boot kicks all the way up. Pissed, but not yet boiling over, my crew lays in a new skin track two feet to the side.

After an epic run down !%~$#%!#^$, I repeat the process. To my utter dismay, some choad has now boot kicked in the NEW skin track. Tired and holding it together (barely), I encounter 250+ lbs of sooper fruity KBCO listening snowshoer coming down the skin track. WFT, snowshoeing down the track. I try the "excuss me could you not walk in the skin track blah blah....". All I get back is a "hugh, what?". I'm so sick of these piece of shit mouth breathing "back country users".

Aren't snowshoes designed for all trail? Why would you not use the superhighway stairsteps directly up Mainline? Why are you such an asshole?

DON'T POSTHOLE IN THE SKIN TRACK. ITS THE ULTIMATE DISPLAY OF A COMPLETE LACK OF COURTSEY, IGNORACNE, AND BC GAPERTUDE. ASK SOME QUESTIONS, LEARN SOMETHING.

I saw the exact same snowshoer coming down the main "track", right before the service road. I must have been right behind you. Anyway, thanks for putting the side track in. I was stewed about the whole skin track thing yesterday as well.

Is it just me or is Berthoud turning into a gaper fest ? The whole scene in the parking lot on Sat was a FUCKING circus !
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

good points.....As one who participates in both methods of getting up the hill, it is very annoying when you see JONGs on snowshoes criss-crossing both paths and leaving a mess. I always thought the best thing about snowshoeing was breaking trail and walking on untracked snow and trail??

Wink

Man, whenever I go out snowshoeing there are always stupid ass JONGs skinning in the snowshoe track. Arent skis made for skiing over untracked snow? Where is the etiquette, you can only take so much you know....
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Sounds like it's time to go farther afield to where the gapers are not.

Its not isolated to BP, same thing up here.
    Someone recently put a very tasteful sign about this on the S side of he pass, and so far so good. seperate boot/skin tracks, but it has been years coming.

Is there a place you could post a sign about this?

"KBCO" ???

true dat... bootpack should be direct (even though fat skintracks are almost as direct- I can hardly follow Hank's dynafit lightweight fat skinnin straight up highway...) start a bootpack in a good spot, use it every storm and it'll be there all year- a staircase, why would you ever bootpack right next to your previous bootpack anyway- and how could you boot across a fall line when its easiest to go straight up? Postholios stay offa da track beeyatches...

Ditto. Karl Stall and I experienced a snowboarder postholed traverse at Snowbird this past Friday (took a small Alta detour to catch opening of Gad 2 chair and knee deep powder).

By the way my full Alta report is coming tonight or tomorrow with some maggot/minion pics.
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Originally posted by Benny Profane
    "KBCO" ???
    Denver "Cock Rock " station

DJ named "willie B' bout all you need to know

Originally posted by board
    "Cock Rock " ?????

What's up, Board? How many days you got so far? sob.

Denver "Cock Rock " station

DJ named "willie B' bout all you need to know
    Cock Rock? More like lesbian indigo girl boulder hippie station.

i'm also unclear about "cock rock"... but it's a boulder cock rock station.
    hence... foggy was describing a granola-eating, patchouli-burnin', commie-pinko-hippie freak.

Originally posted by homerjay
    Cock Rock? More like lesbian indigo girl boulder hippie station.
    HJ you're right, what the hell is wrong with me this morning ? btw KBPI still sucks though

Benny, seasons off to sort of a slow start for me I've only got 12 days in so far, hoping it will pick up soon ! Are you going to be in CO at all this winter ?

I too felt the rage, what the fuck was up with Berthoud on Saturday, where the hell do these people come from and why won't they go back there. Seriously, the port o jon had shit on the floor and a bunch of garbage dumped inside, what the fuck. The problem with posting here is that it's preaching to choir.

What happened to the sign that was at the base of the west side last year? I think there needs to be something informing people as to the etiquette, because most of these people don't know. All they know is that hey if I hike here I'll post hole, if I hike in this nice path I won't. The people need to be educated. I fear that if we show that we can't maintain BP on our own and we trash it that the FS will step in and take measures.

I don't believe the answer is to just have to keep going further out.

Benny, seasons off to sort of a slow start for me I've only got 12 days in so far, hoping it will pick up soon ! Are you going to be in CO at all this winter ?
    My life is in limbo 'til I get this job I'm interviewing for. And then I'll have to move. Really want to get to Jackson. But, yeah, Co. might be snuck in there.

i was amazed to see the skin track on the apron at bridger post holed the other day. fer christ sake, why do all the zig zagging instead of putting a boot right up the middle?

On the other hand, if i cut a skin track that i dont plan on reusing (ie long approach) and someone is with me booting or snowshoeing, they are welcome to go last and boot the hell out of it.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

So true, nothing pisses me off more. Saw this early season at Alta.

Re: iiiiiii

Originally posted by Spew
    history note
    this is how the biathalon started. cept you gotta use a .308 to really get them up and off the skin track and outta the way.
    THis is probably the funniest thing I have heard all day, especially since I formally competed in biathalon, haha. I will be accepting orders for work as of now, speciallty in bp and lp.
    "Is it necessary to disdain the affluent Escalade driver in the ski area parking lot just because he never threw caution to the wind and gave up work, meat, and let his hair grow in the surreal international sojourn of powder skiing and self-actualiztion?"

WELL OF COURSE, thats why I am me and you aren't

IF YOU DON'T STOP BOOT PACKING THAT SKIN TRACK, I WON'T STOP BOOT PACKING THE SKIN OFF YOUR FACE.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Talking

Is it cool to sit in the middle of the skin track and strap on my bindings?

J-

Originally posted by jayfrizzo
    Is it cool to sit in the middle of the skin track and strap on my bindings?

J-
    Um....that's up to you J, but beware, my skis are long and fat.

I've been waiting all season to hear that, Philly.

J-

PS: We've got Swingers on our Netflix list. You gotta come over when it gets in, cause you're so money, baby.

Originally posted by jayfrizzo
    I've been waiting all season to hear that, Philly.

J-

PS: We've got Swingers on our Netflix list. You gotta come over when it gets in, cause you're so money, baby.
    Lemme know, I'll be there. Greatest show ever, one of em anyway. Got another story for ya.