Nordica beast 92 TT / 12 tt

Is there any difference between the nordica 12tt (2003/2004) and 92 tt (2002/2003)? I destroyed my 12tt's last year, was looking to grab another pair of something, but cannot afford anything except older stuff.
    Last edited by cmor; 10-03-2005 at 10:55 AM.

To my knowledge the only difference was in the topsheets. Might wanna talk to Spats though, I believe he may have piloted both.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

ebay had the 92 for $200 new

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    I have the older 92 TT.

There is no difference is sidecut or construction apart from the design on the topsheet as far as i'm aware.

I have heard that they moved the midline back 3 cms for the later nordica beast models. Best to check against one of your surviving 12TT's if you still have them. If not, i'm sure one of the maggots can give you a measurement to check.

I've mounted mine -2.5 cm back.

g
    Last edited by wildstyle; 10-19-2005 at 09:13 AM.
    Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

there's no difference. i scooped a pair of those ebay ones and they're great. as noted before, go at least 2, if not 3cm back on them. mine were mounted 2 back and i def could've gone further. the only downside is that they are very flexy which is cool if you like that (which i do), but still grip on hardpack.

one other thing, i've got them mounted with 912 ti's with no plate. sometimes they can get flexed up so much that you get kicked out of the binding. i think that something with a freely floating heel (look maxplate or something) could help that.

I can confirm that they're identical. I own both and have talked to the local Nordica rep.

I heard they moved the mounting line back at some point, but it's the same on the two pairs I have. Mount point is the little | on the sidewall next to the serial number, NOT any of the topsheet marks. See the mounting thread here in Tech Talk for my thoughts on mounting points.