Question Newbie Question: Rossi Power 140 Axial

Hey all. Lot's of great info on this site. Love the TGR movies, too!
    I bought some new twin-tip '05 K2 Public Enemies (169cm) at a local retailer, waist is 80mm. I was gonna pull the trigger on some Look P12 Lifters on ebay, but couldn't resist some new '05 Rossi Axial Power 140 in gold / black.
    I'm in SoCal and ski mostly Baldy and Mammoth. All-mountain type terrain is typical but I bought the PE's so I could start getting into the parks more.
    I'm 5'11", weight 185, and I'm pretty agrressive everywhere.
    I think the Power 140s are supposed to come with 6mm lift, but not sure 'til I recieve package from wintersales.com? Should I have held out for 10mm lifted (T) bindings? Can additional lifter plate be added? If so, where purchase? I'm thinking of mounting between 2-3 mm forward?
    I like skiing more than following the latest tech trends, so any feedback would be appreciated. Dave

Red face

Hey Dave, I'm a little worried about you. If you really are "5'11, 185, aggressive skier" why the hell did you buy snowlerblades? 169cm? Seriously? We may need to have a talk. Call me on Monday.

Other than the short skis. You don't want any lift for park/freeride skis, mount them as they are and have fun on snowlerblades, or sell the skis and get something longer.

agreed...dont put lifters on skis that you intend to ride in the park, mount the bindings directly to the ski. Not certain, but you may need to get some wide brakes for the bindings too.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Attorney
    Hey Dave, I'm a little worried about you. If you really are "5'11, 185, aggressive skier" why the hell did you buy snowlerblades? 169cm? Seriously? We may need to have a talk. Call me on Monday.
    I used to work for Snowrunner / Sled Dogs "snowlerblades", and still bust them out when the conditions are firm enough, but I am looking for skis here.
    I just called the shop where I purchased the K2 PEs, and they will swap out for another size. They do insist I'm in the right size now, but I think I'd be better off trusting the knowledgeable folks on this site over the high-schoolers at the sporting goods shop. What do yall think 174cm? The last pair of skis I owned was a 185cm Salomon CrossMax Pilot 10. Strong ski for the crud, but too long in the bumps and narrows. I loved the Head Monsters I demo's last year at 174cm (i think)/. BTW - The reason I jumped on the skid without a second thought is that they are only $169.00 brand new...

i ussually do like to ski a shorter ski for park. I'm 5 9, and 145 lbs, and currently im on 170 rossi scratchs for park. I'd say something in the upper 170s would probably be good for you, just remember anything in a twin tip is ussually a few cm shorter than the same length not in a twin. Also, lifters are for racers, and old bogner wearing racer wanna be's. sell em.

The old Look/Rossi bindings had three levels of lift available: 0mm, 6mm, and 10mm.

Certain bindings came with one of those lifts, but you could always swap the plates to achieve your desired lift.

It looks like the new (non-turntable/pivot) bindings only come with 0mm or 6mm of lift. The plates look the same though, so I'm sure you can swap them.

As for the 0mm bindings, I can't remember if they're just the normal bindings without any plate or if they actually have a shim under the toe or the heel. Perhaps someone else can weight in with that. I want to say there's a shim, but I'm not sure.

For park and pow, you don't want any lift. For ripping groomers, lift is nice. 6mm isn't that much though. It's a versatile amount of lift for skiing all conditions. So really it all depends on what you want to do with these skis.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    As for the 0mm bindings, I can't remember if they're just the normal bindings without any plate or if they actually have a shim under the toe or the heel. Perhaps someone else can weight in with that. I want to say there's a shim, but I'm not sure.
    there's a 1mm shim underneath the heels, but not the toes.
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackamo
    there's a 1mm shim underneath the heels, but not the toes.
    Negative.

Theres apparently some different versions.

1. The 03/04 version has the about 5mm lift permanently attached to the toepice.(rossi scratch 140,with the wider toe afd)

2.The older (pre 03?) it is apparently removable and you can mount it with or without it. I have 2 pairs with it (look p14 and rossi 140freeride) and one without (rossi 140 race).

All the heelpieces are done straigt to the ski, no rubber or anything under the heel/wormskrew plate.

Now that i start to think...Hmmm...
    I have always asked to mount my bindings flat, but for some reason this latest mount was done "ultra flat".
    I mean, there were the toe "shim" when i handed over the bindings but now the 103s are mounted without them... And i have skied 2 weeks with them without noticing it..

Well, i apparently have a bit more ramp angle on them now..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks all for the input.
    I checked with the retailer and they don't offer the PEs larger than 169cm. Bummer. Would have switched to at least 174cm.
    Anyway, I'll try them out with no lift and work my way higher if needed.
    Smell ya later...

169 twin is going to ski really short, especially center mounted, you won't have any ski infront of you for freeskiing. Park will be ok, very easy to spin. I'm 5'10 pushing 200 and am thinking of getting a 182 Troublemaker for park.

careful

Don't drill through your skis, If you just remove the lifters you may need a short screw kit. I would check with your shop or just have them do it then if they screw up they will have to replace em.
    Switch powder skiing, while mostly useless, may be the missing link between skiing and snowboarding

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh
    169 twin is going to ski really short, especially center mounted, you won't have any ski infront of you for freeskiing. Park will be ok, very easy to spin. I'm 5'10 pushing 200 and am thinking of getting a 182 Troublemaker for park.
    Hmmmmm....I'm so broke. Maybe I'm best off returning the new '05 K2 PE 169cm skis, and trying for some other ski "deal" out ther? This sux...