Should I buy a pair of 2018 185cm Bent Chetler 120s?

Curious about Bents. Typically when I'm curious about a ski I'll buy a pair used to check them out long term. So I can grab a pair of 2018's in decent shape with pivot 14s for a pretty good price (300-350ish). Just wondering about a few things:

- how much have Bent 120s changed since 2018?
    - my daily drivers are Woods 108 187s. Good length for me. Am I gonna feel like 185 Bents are too short?
    - I'm starting to feel like I slightly prefer slightly more directional skis in powder. But just slightly. How center-skied are these compared to say, the Woods? Anybody know?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I don’t think they changed until this year. I believe the 2018’s are lighter than the current version.

I had 184 2018 bents as my touring setup around Rogers Pass/Gold Range (generally deep fresh snow) and sold them after a season. Very Center mounted….I think the rec mount point is like -2. In chopped you could drive them and they felt powerful but in fresh using anything other than a centred stance will have you stuffing your tips. If you like slightly more directional skis the bent 120 is not it. For context I switched to my Noctas for a bit and they felt more directional, balanced and could be driven with a more forward stance.

The amount you’d have to move the mount point back to get more tip kind of defeats the design of the ski.

Hope this helps

what do you weigh ?
    How many powder skis do you all ready own ?
    how many do you need or want to own ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    what do you weigh ?
    How many powder skis do you all ready own ?
    how many do you need or want to own ?
    185lb, 6'

I have whitedot redeemers in a 190 and line mordecais in 186. These, if I loved them, would replace the mordecais. If I hate them I'd move them on. I really like centered skiing (hence the fact I own a pair of ON3P Jeffs) but in powder it's starting to feel like more work than it's worth at times. So I have the modercais mounted at the back position (which is really a semi centered position) rather than a true center mount.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    185lb, 6'

I have whitedot redeemers in a 190 and line mordecais in 186. These, if I loved them, would replace the mordecais. If I hate them I'd move them on. I really like centered skiing (hence the fact I own a pair of ON3P Jeffs) but in powder it's starting to feel like more work than it's worth at times. So I have the modercais mounted at the back position (which is really a semi centered position) rather than a true center mount.
    not worth it honestly. You can get new 120’s from last season for pretty damn low. And before you know it this seasons will be super cheap. Chetlers drop pretty quick price wise. I had the 22 120’s. I didn’t tour them. They were fine. Nothing special. Wouldn’t buy them again

depending on your preference 185 might be on the short side ???

But used skis go for stupid cheap and especialy this time of year, last fall I wanted new bindings for my lotus 120's to replace the tech's so bindings with 120mm brakes looked to be this side of 300 $

Instead I found a pair of 122 salomon rocker2 in great shape for 125 $ at the ski swap, i resisted the urge to keep the ski, sold them for 75$ to a bro and ended up with a nice Salomon sth14 binding with 120mm brakes for only 65$
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have a pair of 192cm from '14/15 with Pivot 18s that I have listed locally at $250, if you're interested

N+1
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    N+1

Good feedback from everyone (including Danno). I think I'm gonna look for longer ones if I grab any.