Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    TGR head programmer: KMAGYOYO

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

What will make it easier to figure things out is if all these pieces of information were put into the same thread under "Ask Tgr" subforum below.
    Nope; nothing stays the same new shit popping up all the time.

I'm not allowed to post anymore

Byates1

Are you sure it’s not Be Yeats? #2?

Sweet prose. I laughed. And cried.
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

HEY MODS…WHAT THE FetyF ARE YOU DOING?

So…can we post up pictures of bodacious tittys yet?

Apparently not
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

ASCII Art, perhaps.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Test post.

Ok. My phone app works to post, but my pc site tells me to login. No permission. And then I reset and re-login to no avail. The site tells me I’m logged in, but it won’t let me post. No permission. “Refresh, and login.”

I am logged in. Again.

This is why it’s been so quiet around here this week. I don’t know what happened, but… all your users are likely just as quiet.

It’s been frustrating as hell.

Re: the Reddit option…I posted an article recently about the impending enshittification when Reddit’s IPO forces more direct monetization of forums.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Test

Shit is definitely circling down the drain. Judging from the demeanor of the mod in a different post, they don't give a F because they don't get paid and have real jobs. It's not like herding cat's has become any easier the past 20 years, what do they expect, of course there will be different comments on different threads... Not gonna lie, the blatant disregard in not fixing things stings a little, even a one-word sentence like 'hey, we are trying, please be patient' or something would be better than 'fuck off'...but I digress.

I would gladly pay a benjamin to a fund to keep this small corner of the universe intact, if not just so we can continue to grow old together, as we have been. I miss the dog posts and photo tr's. Reddit format sucks nowadays, I'm not on FB and don't use tapatalk...

Sniff...this chick is getting all sentimental. Ah well. Cheers guys, it's been real.

Wow. Lots of mags coming up on 20 years (and many longer); it would be a shitty anniversary present for this funny and incredible corner of the internet to die into the ether.

So much good advice, stoke, beta, and of course, the greatest tribute to dogs thread ever known, "It's Just a Dog." I hope this place persists, but if not, I've submitted a request to join the remaining ones at the FB rallying point.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Shit is definitely circling down the drain. Judging from the demeanor of the mod in a different post, they don't give a F because they don't get paid and have real jobs. It's not like herding cat's has become any easier the past 20 years, what do they expect, of course there will be different comments on different threads... Not gonna lie, the blatant disregard in not fixing things stings a little, even a one-word sentence like 'hey, we are trying, please be patient' or something would be better than 'fuck off'...but I digress.

I would gladly pay a benjamin to a fund to keep this small corner of the universe intact, if not just so we can continue to grow old together, as we have been. I miss the dog posts and photo tr's. Reddit format sucks nowadays, I'm not on FB and don't use tapatalk...

Sniff...this chick is getting all sentimental. Ah well. Cheers guys, it's been real.
    yeah, the ModTeam doesn't give a shit about this forum or its users whatsoever. I might have poked the dragon a little when I told them I hoped I wasn't distracting them from their busy day in front of a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wow. Lots of mags coming up on 20 years (and many longer); it would be a shitty anniversary present for this funny and incredible corner of the internet to die into the ether.

So much good advice, stoke, beta, and of course, the greatest tribute to dogs thread ever known, "It's Just a Dog." I hope this place persists, but if not, I've submitted a request to join the remaining ones at the FB rallying point.
    Yeah, sucks. I remember announcing my new job here and I'm eligible to retire next year. Lots has happened has since then and I regularly see and ski with many people I've met here. But....I'm not about to join facebook.

I doubt the mods have any control over hosting and server issues. They’re real people who volunteer their time and the ones I’ve met irl are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Re: the Reddit option…I posted an article recently about the impending enshittification when Reddit’s IPO forces more direct monetization of forums.
    Also, let's be real here, reddit's reply structure simply does not work for long-term open-ended threads like we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    But....I'm not about to join facebook.
    This.

There are some people here that I'll really miss. I'll also really miss the "safe place" aspect of the place, the anonymity has been valuable to me, I can say things and talk about things here that I can't anywhere else. A lot of other people here do the same and I think we know each other differently because of it.

Oh well. Now what?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I've submitted a request to join the remaining ones at the FB rallying point.
    Nevah!

Obviously none of you bitch queens have ever tried to fix software bugs. Show some support. Sheesh.

For me, simple, reply, reply with quote and edit work now for the first time in a while. So thanks code tweezers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    There are some people here that I'll really miss. I'll also really miss the "safe place" aspect of the place, the anonymity has been valuable to me, I can say things and talk about things here that I can't anywhere else. A lot of other people here do the same and I think we know each other differently because of it.
    What? Over?
    Did you say 'over'?
    Nothing is over until we decide it is!
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Hell no!..

... he's on a roll

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    yeah, the ModTeam doesn't give a shit about this forum or its users whatsoever. I might have poked the dragon a little when I told them I hoped I wasn't distracting them from their busy day in front of a screen.
    I never noticed your posts before but good job bringing attention to the fact that you’re up there with the most clueless posters.

Whether someone should have consolidated these threads and put some stickies up is debatable but everyone here seems to spend time in their own little corners and it’s like whack a mole addressing these piecemeal complaints.

here goes again.

TGR has consultants to keep this forum humming and when they updated some code it caused other things to break. I doubt that it was intentional in any way and also hard to test for the way this is all assembled. But they are getting paid to fix these issues and they’re working with vBulletin to do so.

No one is happy that things aren’t working but it isn’t a question of not caring or money. These guys are in fact getting paid and they’re working every day.

There isn’t much we can do as moderators beyond keeping them up to date with the laundry list of shit that’s broken. Is it that you think we haven’t done that or that we can’t do more that is the problem?

Anyway, the login should be working again from browsers but I haven’t checked yet.

Image uploading is next. I need to get back to Irul’s mom as it’s my turn again.

BEST REGARDS
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I would have thought it was obvious that mods are not backend IT professionals, but apparently not. It's idiotic to think the mods can fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    I never noticed your posts before but good job bringing attention to the fact that you’re up there with the most clueless posters.

Whether someone should have consolidated these threads and put some stickies up is debatable but everyone here seems to spend time in their own little corners and it’s like whack a mole addressing these piecemeal complaints.

here goes again.

TGR has consultants to keep this forum humming and when they updated some code it caused other things to break. I doubt that it was intentional in any way and also hard to test for the way this is all assembled. But they are getting paid to fix these issues and they’re working with vBulletin to do so.

No one is happy that things aren’t working but it isn’t a question of not caring or money. These guys are in fact getting paid and they’re working every day.

There isn’t much we can do as moderators beyond keeping them up to date with the laundry list of shit that’s broken. Is it that you think we haven’t done that or that we can’t do more that is the problem?

Anyway, the login should be working again from browsers but I haven’t checked yet.

Image uploading is next. I need to get back to Irul’s mom as it’s my turn again.

BEST REGARDS
    Best Regards, lol.

Thanks ex-pow and all you other Mods for helping to keep this place running and helping run all these issues up to the Bobs, er, consultants.

It's nice to know/hear that TGR still sees value in this community and spends money to keep it alive. This is a very unique place to be sure, and everyone's efforts are appreciated by us no doubt. Now, good luck with your firings, er, fixes.

I still call it The Jake.

Well, since the ship is sinking and everybody's feet are already wet let me just throw this out there as a final post from the top of the mizzen mast as the horizon disappears...

"Nobody wants to see your fucking GoPro footage, you are a mediocre skier at best doing basic shit, nobody cares how many DAYS you have, putting skis on and sliding down your road for 20 feet is not DAY 1!!, go ski, ski hard, bike hard, party hard just enjoy it for yourself and fuck off on everything else. Gllluuuuuurrrrrbbbbb blarrerrbbbbllllleeee ,......................................

Isnt the TGR Team a whole floor sized cube farm and a bunch of guys with headsets ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know