Check Out Our Shop
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I like to drive but I live down a rough dirt road and in a town with shit roads and it snows here (or it used to at least). What I'm after is the nicest sportiest awd drive car that is unbothered by shitty roads, like a luxury rally car basically. I don't need to worry about carrying shit with it, I have an old truck for that. I rarely have more than one passenger. What do I want?

edit: since we're asking vehicle questions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wWU4KowtwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfunO4NYyiU

A few years old at this point, but I don't think any production vehicles have topped itfor fast off road performance with some luxury.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    there aren’t any all-wheel-drive manual transmission European cars imported to the US anymore.
    *ahem* the Golf R is all three of those things and still available here for at least another year. I know it is no BMW, but they are pretty nice.

I think that’s the last man standing though. Subaru still has a couple awd manuals but that’s not German.

Side note: I always thought it would be nice if there were an Acura/Lexus/Infinity style luxury counterpart to Subaru. Give you stuff like an Outback or crosstrek with a nicer interior and more lively engine.

I like to drive but I live down a rough dirt road and in a town with shit roads and it snows here (or it used to at least). What I'm after is the nicest sportiest awd drive car that is unbothered by shitty roads, like a luxury rally car basically. I don't need to worry about carrying shit with it, I have an old truck for that. I rarely have more than one passenger. What do I want?

You still have the allroad?

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    *ahem* the Golf R is all three of those things and still available here for at least another year. I know it is no BMW, but they are pretty nice.

I think that’s the last man standing though. Subaru still has a couple awd manuals but that’s not German.

Side note: I always thought it would be nice if there were an Acura/Lexus/Infinity style luxury counterpart to Subaru. Give you stuff like an Outback or crosstrek with a nicer interior and more lively engine.
    Yup. Shoulda mentioned it. I had a 2012. It’s on the next car list.
    It’s now my thought process: “how much do I wanna drive a manual?”
    A lot.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So this past week was New York Car Show previews on Live with Kelly and Mark... I did not see every one of their segments where they had 2025 vehicles new to the market. But almost all that I did see where the bigger SUV's- Luxury, Mid Priced, etc categories and then they had some Van's (VW new Van, a SUV/Van from one of the Korean- Kia if I remember??)

https://livewithkellyandmark.com/hom...024-auto-show/

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    You still have the allroad?
    Ha yeah I do but it's in Utah. 2004 with 173K on it. It's an automatic though and right now it wants money spent on it. Honestly it's pretty worked at this point but we're keeping it going. But an allroad in good shape with a manual and the big turbos would be pretty sweet, They're still nice cars.

Totally- have a 00 6 speed in slowly bringing back to life , very excited about the whole setup.
    Huh I thought yours was a stick.

There was a whole deal because I wanted the stick, they said they had a stick, but it turned out to be an automatic but it was a great price, last day of the month, last '04 on the lot...so we took it.

You gotta post pics of the project, you do have me thinking...

btw Arnott air suspension is one of the best companies I ever worked with, they replaced their front airbags after 10 years with no questions asked, I didn't even have documentation but I was in their records

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    You sure about the weight of that pop up? Mine weighed 2,000 and was not minimalist.
    3,050 dry, gotta be really close to if not over 4,000 when it is fully loaded with 2 mountain bikes, firewood, all our cooking and camping stuff, water, etc.

There was a whole deal because I wanted the stick, they said they had a stick, but it turned out to be an automatic but it was a great price, last day of the month, last '04 on the lot...so we took it.

You gotta post pics of the project, you do have me thinking...

btw Arnott air suspension is one of the best companies I ever worked with, they replaced their front airbags after 10 years with no questions asked, I didn't even have documentation but I was in their records
    This was a customer car I maintained for quite some time - has 175k on it / new turbos / stock / swapped air suspension with arnots- black on black pretty clean - bought it years ago from him and finally getting to it. I can’t wait to get back in a turbo Quattro stick it’s been way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post

Acura TSX wagon was out there for a while, but no AWD and not super luxurious compared to a high-trim Subaru.

I had an LL Bean Outback and the Alltrack that we have now matches that level of amenities and has awd, wayyy livelier engine, manual, etc etc. It’s not an Allroad or E wagon, but the price and value were the ticket.

Hoping for a little bump in that plushness with GX460

I’d guess the Cayenne of Panamera would be the *most* sporty and off-road capable. Cayenne has up to 9” of ground clearance and the Panamera 5.2” depending on just how rough your driveway is. PM Bobby stainless?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Totally- have a 00 6 speed in slowly bringing back to life , very excited about the whole setup.
    Huh I thought yours was a stick.
    I'll admit to spending some time on BaT this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I’d guess the Cayenne of Panamera would be the *most* sporty and off-road capable. Cayenne has up to 9” of ground clearance and the Panamera 5.2” depending on just how rough your driveway is. PM Bobby stainless?
    Yeah Cayenne and Macan is what I came up with, I wondered about a Panamera but I don't know that much about them. I wonder if The Suit still has his.

I'll admit to spending some time on BaT this morning.
    That site is dangerous. Luckily the side lot is my own BAT site.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1567.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	492463
    Here’s my current crush:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	492464

Car search advices

You can still buy a 911 with AWD and a manual.

Newer Audi A6 allroad might be too big to check the rally box. I have a hard time getting mine loose in the corners and feeling good about it.

I think a Bronco Raptor checks some of those boxes. Not a car, but it looks fun.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 03-30-2024 at 12:32 PM.
    focus.

Yeah Cayenne and Macan is what I came up with, I wondered about a Panamera but I don't know that much about them. I wonder if The Suit still has his.
    I do not. It was a great car, although I’m not sure it really fits the “rally” part of luxury rally car. I’d only had if for one summer when we relocated to California, so I didn’t get to experience it for a Jackson winter. We thought about moving it back to Jackson when my wife got a 911, but getting it serviced would have been a pain, so we sold it to Carvana instead.

The Taycan Cross Turismo has a gravel mode. That’s probably what you want.

That is a car of which I had not heard. Will check it out, thanks.

Car search advices

Yes. Get the Cross Turismo. Someone here should have one. Definitely a car I want but could never justify the cost.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1711830465.185436.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	492495
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda