Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Discovery in Montana is excellent for what OP is looking for.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    If coming to canukistan for good exchange rates on our peso, Sun Peaks is impossible to beat. Not only an easy run off of every chair but experts and beginners can all ride the same lifts all day and be happy. Best mountain I've been to for beginners.
    x2

Kimberely is also excellent for this.

Shameless plug… I’ve got a one bedroom ski
    In ski out there I rent out, mag discounts apply.

Slope angle is everything. Too steep and beginners are going to be bracing in fear. Too mellow and competent skiers aren’t going to be able to flex their skis through turns, and will be meandering in boredom. When the terrain is consistently within the ideal range, both can have a great time. Somebody could (and probably has) analyze and rank ski resorts on this basis, but I’m pretty certain that Red Mountain would be close to the bottom, with just one lift (Topping) that meets this criteria. 49 Degrees North would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Discovery in Montana is excellent for what OP is looking for.

Sent from my island using TGR Forums
    All abilities can have fun on the frontside at disco and any expert would have fun back on limelight. Loved going there on weekends while attending UM.

McCall ID

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Schweitzer

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

June.

Great terrain for progression, kids under 12 ski free, and dressing up as Chester A. Arthur is totally normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Whistler. There's a green way down from pretty much every lift, and the kid's amenities are great - the Magic Castle on Blackcomb side made my 7 year-old grandson's day. Last week they were offering free kids' 5-day Edge Cards to WA and BC residents (though what the adults end up paying will certainly make up for it). Still, big mountain majesty made accessible for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    x2

Kimberely is also excellent for this.

Shameless plug… I’ve got a one bedroom ski
    In ski out there I rent out, mag discounts apply.

+1.

Skied Kimberley for the first time last Sunday/Monday and thought it would be killer for the kind of skiing OP is talking about.

Nice setup. The main/fast/long chair serves a lot of green/blue terrain so you’ve got good LONG stuff and don’t feel stunted or shoved off into a beginner corner of the resort like many places.

Some of those greens, like heading skiers right from the tamarack chair towards the base, had really nicely opened trees lining them that were a lot of fun to ski in the conditions we had.

Had some beginner/intermediate friends in town a couple weeks ago and in hindsight wish I had taken them to Kimberley. Whitefish is a great intermediate mountain, but its green terrain is pretty limited/closed off from the rest of the mountain…at Kimberley I could have happily dicked around in the trees and kept pace with my green-skiing friend and her blue-skiing boyfriend could have kept in the same area.

most beginner friendly I can remember was Big boulder/Jack Frost , Pa.... heck you dont even need to load the lift to start skiing, the parking lot is at the top

yea its cheesy Poconos crap...but you cant get much more beginner than that