Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Boise / SW Idaho - ‘sgo!

Today was day 10 for me at bogus (7 for my now 3 yr old). Totally freaking digging it. Got a little extra time on my hands w paternity leave too.

Wife gave me a few hrs tomorrow morning. Anybody I can chase around pine creek / superior? Never seen em in the daytime.

I’m in orange helmet, dirty orange Arcteryx pants, skittle style lime green/blue jacket on Wagner or DPS. Hard to miss.

Honk if you see Da Goose.

“Helmets are for skee-in Dada!”
    - My Boy, total badass at large
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

I'll be making a few laps on Pine Creek tomorrow in a bright yellow Helly Hansen jacket. Will keep an eye out for you.

Beware, bottom of Superior is horrible as well as bottom of Paradise.
    "bound to cover just a little more ground"

Didn’t end up making it today but fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Ma-honk

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    -Jimi Hendrix

I spent most of the day Sunday lapping Chair 6. Upper Nugget was groomed nice, as well as Upper Paradise. No one was on the mountain, so I could go as fast as I wanted. My legs are finally in ski shape! We should select a meeting spot and time like they do in Teton Village (fireplace at 11:00am), so that TGR fanbois (and gals) can meet like minded individuals. I propose the bench at the top of 6 at 11:00am.
    More cowbell!!!

Will be up there again this Sunday. will swing by top of 6 around 11

Hey glad to see someone taking another crack at a Boise area thread! Seems to be what Ullr was waiting for, next few weeks looking pretty promising, finally… Hey Bill, rode the chair with ya first week of the season (first time I been change-for-a-nickel’d) thanks for the warm welcome to town! Would love to take some laps with bogus mags, I’m in a yellow lid and yellow/orange norrona jacket most days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Today was day 10 for me at bogus (7 for my now 3 yr old). Totally freaking digging it. Got a little extra time on my hands w paternity leave too.

Wife gave me a few hrs tomorrow morning. Anybody I can chase around pine creek / superior? Never seen em in the daytime.

I’m in orange helmet, dirty orange Arcteryx pants, skittle style lime green/blue jacket on Wagner or DPS. Hard to miss.

Honk if you see Da Goose.

“Helmets are for skee-in Dada!”
    - My Boy, total badass at large
    Congratulations, Max - Happy for you !

take Good care of your family ! And
    have some fun, too ! !!

rock on ! skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    The legend continues!
    So you've seen the sticker in the upper lodge bar then...in my instance it's a "not legendary"

I've been skiing at Bogus for a long time. I know just about every square inch of that mountain be it designated runs or not and what's underneath the snow in most spots.

Would be cool to ski Bogus with some other like minded folks, heck met one of my best friends on the message board years ago....some people in the digital world here knew Joe too.

Once my damned ribs heal (they're currently healing well) I'll be back out going fast and seeking out all my favorite lines on Pine Creek and elsewhere. I hit a tree on Stump Bowl on Saturday December 16th after I hooked my edge/tip during a turn, glad it was only my ribs and not more serious.

Don't blindly follow tracks somewhere through a non-existent gate without knowledge of where it goes or without the right equipment. Nate doesn't like to have to call Boise County sheriff and Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue. I'm looking at you BBSRA coaches.

Work is winding down a bit and some snow is on its way. Might see y’all up there soon.

Any reports from today? Seems like a rough one to miss but some more goods on the way

-Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Any reports from today? Seems like a rough one to miss but some more goods on the way

AM was awesome but parking was a zoo… stuff on the backside is getting filled in, pine creek bowl and the triangle both skied pretty well considering how they were looking a week ago. Midweek should be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went yesterday and it got better as the day went on. Pretty firm at first ended up real nice. Remarkable how the snow got slower as the day progressed. I didn’t see anybody at the bench at 11:00 AM.

More cowbell!!!

I couldn't get the timing right to swing by the bench around 11 today. Lift line at Pine Creek moved well enough but was still considerable especially compared to the ghost town it was on Saturday. I'm tied up while I'm up there on Saturdays but will take a swing by the bench next Sunday.

Are you working the Dotty Clark races?
    More cowbell!!!

Nope, not working the race, is that this weekend?

2/22-23 for Dotty Clark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

The qualifying races start Saturday.

More cowbell!!!

Unheard of snow totals in Boise my buddy says. Huge storm.

Says foothill skiing is going to go off.

4” which is a lot for a desert dweller. Schools are closed, Karen’s are panicked, pure pandemonium. Skiing will be decent but nothing crazy.

Probably enough snow to prevent broken ribs when visiting the Stump Patch now!
    More cowbell!!!

As of yesterday, it was skiing decent. The bafoons were sure drawn out of hiding judging by the drive up today.

Quote Originally Posted by spudbumkin View Post
    Probably enough snow to prevent broken ribs when visiting the Stump Patch now!
    LOL, but there's still trees, just not as much brush to hook an edge/tip now though.

I'll be up there on Friday, look for an orange jacket (I'm not Doug), tan pants, white Smith googles and ask for change. I might smell a little funny too.

Well, my season ended this morning. Broke my ankle walking the dog on icy sidewalks. See you all next year.

More cowbell!!!