Check Out Our Shop

Thread: Pivot Issues

Pivot Issues

Just picked up some used skis with some older pivot 12 dual's.
    I got the forward pressure dialed in, but on one of the skis, if I pull up/forward on the boots, the heel assembly pops up over the forward pressure indicator. The other binding seems solid.

Is this a common issue/broken part I can easily diagnose? The heel seems to be pulling up a bit off the base and there is a little forward/back wobble on the turntable without a boot clicked in.

Been using pivots for a while but have never seen this on any of my skis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4424.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1,002.7 KB 
ID:	476825

Are these tabs (one on each side) intact and engaged in the base?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9891.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	481.7 KB 
ID:	476826
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

Too high forward pressure. Just back off the arms' tension a couple of turns.

The indicator is worthless. Also, gwat has a point. Vitamin I too.

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by arild; 11-20-2023 at 04:40 PM.

Are the 4 heel mounting screws tightened all the way down?

Can you see any light between the ski and the very bottom baseplate of the heel piece (right at the location of each mounting screw) when you pull the heel piece up?

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Too high forward pressure. Just back off the arms' tension a couple of turns.
    Based on the dildo's angle in that photo, and how its contact surface is lined up with the boot's contact surface, I don't think the fwd pressure is too high.

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Are the 4 heel mounting screws tightened all the way down?

Can you see any light between the ski and the very bottom baseplate of the heel piece (right at the location of each mounting screw) when you pull the heel piece up?

Heel screws were loose. Reglued & tightened them down and we're back in business.
    Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    Heel screws were loose. Reglued & tightened them down and we're back in business.
    Thanks all
    Nice! Vit I wins!

Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk

A team effort!

Happy ending.

Nice to find an easy fix.

I had a similar issue where the turntable developed a bunch of slack and would do what you showed. Took about 7 months, but look ended up sending me a new heel piece to replace the busted one.

I’ve got an ancient pair of pivots that have the same issue. Heel screws are tight and no gap under binding. Actual forward pressure is the same as on multiple other pivots. Could care less if I break the indicator but just hope the binding is still ok.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums