Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Not a pineapple: https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2023/...-rain-and.html

More of a hot tamale?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    I stand corrected!

Kahlua Hot Tamale
    1 part Kahlua
    1 part tequila
    3 drops hot sauce

A little disappointing that it comes in a standard shot glass and there is no cute li'l umbrella. At crustal, we like our umbrellas.
    In the meantime I'll be hoping the next AR comes in on the cooler side and lays down a couple feet of spackle.

good for the base, bad for the basement

Signature worthy there, caulfield!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Nice to see the precipitation form turn a little whiter finally on webcams...
    If I'm reading it right, looks like nearly 6 inches of rain landed at Sea Tac since Dec 1st, just a soaker in town since the faucet turned on late last week.

It was healing decently today on hwy 2 by midafternoon, had some fun turns…

Gravity always wins...

How was Crystal today? A rainy mess, dust on crust, or a little better than that? Any chance Rex opened?
    I have the day off tomorrow and debating whether the turns are worth the trek.

Cliff Mass sucks. teenie weenie energy.

I think we’re back to needing a couple feet before Crystal can get the upper half back open.….webcams showed pretty bare at the base of Rex yesterday.

According to NWAC, it was actually good for the base this time. Not the depth, but the bond.

looks like a decent deal on some Billy Goats in Seattle: https://offerup.com/item/detail/ae9f...9f020cd?q=on3p

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    looks like a decent deal on some Billy Goats in Seattle: https://offerup.com/item/detail/ae9f...9f020cd?q=on3p
    seller seems to be biting some of GregL's product descriptions haha.

The PNW pow slaying champions, the Billy Goat was designed in Tacoma (now made in Oregon) specifically for Crystal Mountain Resort. Its Reserve Elliptical Sidecut and Asymmetrical Tip Taper makes these things slash through our cascade concrete like a hot knife in butter.

ON3P builds these things with extra thick metal edges and a base 50% thicker than industry standard so their durability is legendary and the sharks off the Chair 6 traverse cower in fear.

Summit west opening Saturday, high odds I’m up there with the little guy

I rallied up to Paradise today since the telemetry went nuclear last night

It was not quite as I expected. The morning update said gate at 9. The fee station guy said 10 which was nice since I'd slept in and bet on 10. Actually opened around 10:15.

The clearer skies in the forecast never showed and it was spitting snow all day. From Paradise to Pan Point was quite nice with at least boot top fresh, sometimes more, the trouble is that there are still a lot of creek holes and hazards that make anything more than low-angle hippie pow turns a dice roll.

As soon as the slope angle increased on Pan Face there was a few inches of wind smoothed cream and *a lot* of sharks still. Plus any rocks particularly windward were still very exposed. A couple impressively deep drifts over creek holes at the bottom of the face.

Above pan point was shark city, the skin track wove in and around rocks everywhere. I only bothered to go up to McClure Rock with the crap visibility and sharks it was either picking through rocks or guessing at topography.

Was good to be out on skis and shake the rust off, but had really hoped the snowpack was in better shape after looking at the telemetry.

More weather links to nerd out over -- CascadiaMountainWeather on youtube or cascadia_mountain_wx on IG, I'm too jong-y to link directly.

Dudes just started posting it this year, not sure how accurate it will end up being.

I went up for the wrod at Crustal yesterday. The drive up was great, got parked in second row of B lot by 8:15, saw CuzinNick of the Greydon clan,, the hopped in a relatively short line by 8:30. They started loading Chinook about 8:50. Hooked up with a bunch of the old regulars and pounded the squat laps, only 1 run Tinkerbell, had decent coverage. Got some shin deep on the sides and it was relatively empty until about 10:30 when it got crowded and a little spooky with marginally controlled patrons ripping. Each lap was about 4 minutes of skiing, so I racked up around 20 laps before leaving at noon.

It didn't look like they were in any hurry to make snow. A few guns were firing on lower Skid Road by 11:00, but none of the other guns were going on lower Bull or Deerfly. Coverage above midway looked thin.

Overall, it was unworthy, but I just fucking love skiing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    seller seems to be biting some of GregL's product descriptions haha.

The PNW pow slaying champions, the Billy Goat was designed in Tacoma (now made in Oregon) specifically for Crystal Mountain Resort. Its Reserve Elliptical Sidecut and Asymmetrical Tip Taper makes these things slash through our cascade concrete like a hot knife in butter.

ON3P builds these things with extra thick metal edges and a base 50% thicker than industry standard so their durability is legendary and the sharks off the Chair 6 traverse cower in fear.
    Doxxing myself here, but guilty(ish?) as charged. Can't say I didn't read the Evo description but I was specifically looking for the facts of the base/edge durability.

I was definitely inspired by GregL's much better writing though and if its too close I'll rewrite.

If there's any local mags that want em though, $150 off current asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Overall, it was unworthy, but I just fucking love skiing.
    Sig worthy!

Planned to tour stevens tmrw but with the forecast changing to rain tmrw we yolo'd late morning out to stevens and got in an afternoon lap before my CAST tech toes got buggered up and sent us home early(ish,probably would have been skiing in the dark had we gone up again). Was nuking the whole time and coverage looked impressively good, even got a few pow turns in. Bummed the rain is gonna kill the snow pack again.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Steven's opens Wednesday or so I've heard

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Planned to tour stevens tmrw but with the forecast changing to rain tmrw we yolo'd late morning out to stevens and got in an afternoon lap before my CAST tech toes got buggered up and sent us home early(ish,probably would have been skiing in the dark had we gone up again). Was nuking the whole time and coverage looked impressively good, even got a few pow turns in. Bummed the rain is gonna kill the snow pack again.
    Kill the snowpack?

Err kill the fresh pow idk

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Err kill the fresh pow idk
    This is WA and the Cascades you’re talking about.

Did a few backside and one frontside lap today at Stevens. Despite the skin track being a bit of a mess getting up DD the skiing was top notch. Got plenty of shin to knee deep turns and didn’t really hit anything buried.

Lots of open creeks holes around so here’s hoping for some more cold temps.