Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Yeah, park anywhere in downtown with 2hr free parking and go rip some laps. Should be nice tomorrow with less crowds.

Yesterday was fun, bit of a zoo (when skiing with 4y/o) but nice to have additional terrain open. Stoke was high and good to be back on snow.

Hammered like 50 VX laps with my 5 year old yesterday then we shotgunned hot chocolate afterwards, sick day

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    Hammered like 50 VX laps with my 5 year old yesterday then we shotgunned hot chocolate afterwards, sick day
    Are those like 60 second laps, where it takes 5 minutes to get up the hill on the slow double chair? I might have to bring my ski gear with me for the Xmas in CT with the in-laws.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Question:

If Harry and Lloyd got married in Aspen in Dumb and Dumber, what would be the play by play?

I ask because yall gave me some excellent advice in the last thread about planning a monopalooza trip to Aspen.

Since then, @OregonDead and I got engaged (!) And we thought we might take a day during our trip to do a funky elopement and try to convince one of the celeb monoskier people to be our officiant. Our whole "thing" is being the fun loving monoskier-snowskater couple, so we want to do it a little quirky.

All the bridal blogs keep funneling me back to the same local photographers' $5k Maroon Bells elopement packages. "Search engine optimization".

Maybe you fellas have some better insight or silly ideas to toss around?

Appreciate you in advance!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

One of my son’s buddies is ordained and marries people up on the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    One of my son’s buddies is ordained and marries people up on the hill.
    Do you have his website or can pm me a name?

Quote Originally Posted by allmountainsnowskating View Post
    Do you have his website or can pm me a name?

A couple can attest to their own marriage in Colorado. No 3rd party needed. Spend the money on ACL surgery.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    A couple can attest to their own marriage in Colorado. No 3rd party needed. Spend the money on ACL surgery.
    How's the John Denver memorial in winter? Someday in heaven, we want to reunite in the John Denver room

If you wanted to b e Dumb and Dumber you'd go to Breck where it was filmed, but be aware it is a shopping mall ski area

Quote Originally Posted by allmountainsnowskating View Post
    How's the John Denver memorial in winter? Someday in heaven, we want to reunite in the John Denver room

Pretty snowy; kinda down in a hole surrounded by trees next to the river. But you could figure something out on the snow if you really wanted to

You can walk out the ridge on top of Aspen and do you schtick with the bowl and Hayden in the background. There are a ton of photographers in town that can take some shots of you up top and heading down the hill. Then you head over to the Clerk and Recorder's office, about 6 blocks away and get it made official.

Let me know if you need a witness, I'm upstairs in that office.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

We're planning on doing a little wedding out on the ridge this summer. Great spot for accessible views. Wedding photographers around here are not cheap but I'm sure you can find someone on the swap who would come out for an hour or two

The ridge dynamic could change a bit once pandora opens since people will presumably be skiing by and maybe stopping in some of the viewpoints close to the sundeck but I'm sure you can still find a nice quiet spot
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    You can walk out the ridge on top of Aspen and do you schtick with the bowl and Hayden in the background. There are a ton of photographers in town that can take some shots of you up top and heading down the hill. Then you head over to the Clerk and Recorder's office, about 6 blocks away and get it made official.

Let me know if you need a witness, I'm upstairs in that office.
    Witnesses are not required.

Thank you all for the sage wisdom. See ya at Monopalooza!

Was hoping Snowmass would get some additional stuff groomed and open this week to avoid the bridge project. The backup through McLain flats was substantial too.

Same I have an appt up there today and wanted to rip a few laps before my 2:30

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Same I have an appt up there today and wanted to rip a few laps before my 2:30

You gonna try anyway?

Edit: I got on the bus at the intercept lot and it was smooth sailing.
    Last edited by One (+) Sentence; 11-29-2023 at 10:02 AM.

RFTA is the way

Skiing is still good on both mountains particularly in the am. Looks like Copper is ready to go, I can't imagine Max park and around the knob at snowmass can be far off either.

If we get what is predicted we'll have some terrain openings as well...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Skiing is still good on both mountains particularly in the am. Looks like Copper is ready to go, I can't imagine Max park and around the knob at snowmass can be far off either.

If we get what is predicted we'll have some terrain openings as well...
    Surprised Snowmass still doesn't have Max park open, but you can see rope lines set and signs up on the roundshot at the top of the knob. That said Hal's Hallow is my preseason jam if I have to be over on 'mass.

On Aspen Copper side and Ruthie's are still not open. guessing they want back of bell to be in better shape for all the folks that would traverse in.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Looks like a better-than-expected weekend shaping up. The delayed start call was a bit soft, but oh well...

Looks like Max Park opened today.

If you've ever ridden up it in the summer to ride Uncle Sam, you'd know it's rocky AF.

Pretty solid even though I wasn’t skiing till 1:30. Christmas Tree, Sunrise, Shoulder still deliver after getting mobbed.

Could be a big day tomorrow

THE Aspen/Snowmass / Greater Roaring Fork Valley 23-24 Thread

Never seen a forecast miss by this much. 12” Sat- Mon, huh?