Check Out Our Shop
Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2447
    Dust on crust followed by more dust on crust.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Like most weekdays, lakeview was open again today. I rarely ski weekends and I rarely see lakeview closed once they started opening it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Did get off the summit on Saturday to OV. Day 40, day 2 on my Ikon - so don't blame me. Some near knee deep fluff in Red Dog trees before it started to greenhouse. And, always enjoy the sustained steeps of KT and Headwall. But gee, the vibe IMO was busy with gaggles of gapers.

SB Sunday a.m., was nice on the north facing stuff. Tried to watch some of the Silverbelt but visibility was poor. Home for lunch, NCAA hoops and some Sisyphus-like deck shoveling. Went back up Judah at 4:00 p.m., for a Money Run off the east side and a quick scoot back up to the Judah ridge for a ski to the car by 6:00 p.m. Yikes. Non-turnable death crust survival skiing. The lighting was super cool [can't seem to load the stoke photo]. Totally objective about skiing, I rated it as "great fun."

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Holding off some of that terrain at Alpine after fresh snow, waiting for it to settle and corn up this time of year, is something they’ve been doing for a long time now. Nothing new.
    Definitely something they’ve done but usually I think it’s a bit later as I’ve had some of my best pow days in estelle in April which doesn’t correlate

And my best corn days in Beaver and Estelle have been in January

As far as the racing at SB--stay home. The local kids were practicing on the course today so out of towners have no chance. (I'm not a race dad so I have no idea what it takes to cancel a race. It is blowing hard at Donner Lake right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, lame for sure during the winter. I haven't been able to ski enough this season to have an opinion.

Can you elaborate about SB?
    Yeah; I was there on Monday and other than the usual activity on Van Ruitin's, saw no other Academy impingement.,

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And my best corn days in Beaver and Estelle have been in January

As far as the racing at SB--stay home. The local kids were practicing on the course today so out of towners have no chance. (I'm not a race dad so I have no idea what it takes to cancel a race. It is blowing hard at Donner Lake right now.
    What course??

Does today's email mean resrvations are over for the year on weekends?

Yeah no more reservations…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    They've been doing it all season. And given another storm in the forecast holding it for corn, if that is what they're doing, makes no sense. Also, once we get into April we start to get a lot of nights well above freezing (like last night)--so no corn, just mank. All so they can call themselves "the spring skiing capital of America"? I don't think so.

Adding SB to the list of resorts contemptuous of skiers--unless those skiers are in the Academy. If you've been there this week you know what I'm talking about.

Reading the Palisades email about parking reservations for next year(the extended version) one thing caught my eye--the mention that the parking system will consider weather. Innocent sounding, but would anyone be surprised if they went to reservations on powder days midweek?
    I wouldn't read into it too much. I doubt they have a plan fully fleshed out for next year. Regardless I'm buying a SB pass as insurance as they have a no questions asked refund policy until October. By then I imagine the parking plans will be announced.

The parking reservation system at heavenly this season was a resounding success according to Tom fortune and Cody bass. In fact it was so successful it’s coming to kirkwood for 24/25. Too bad Paula did not interview Scott robbins. If you don’t live on the south shore, Tom is gm of vail resorts in Tahoe, Cody is the mayor, Paula runs the local blog and Scott is a council member https://southtahoenow.com/story/04/0...rt-next-winter

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    What course??
    Chute 1 (Rahlves) to Vanderbilt

A lot of rain yesterday evening, a dusting of snow this morning at Donner Lake

BA said it would hit the southern part of the area hardest and kirkwood is getting pounded right now

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ...kirkwood is getting pounded right now.
    Word!
    But man, KW meadows dr is a fukin joke. *World of Potholes*

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

^^ it is soooo bad. It's like a pothole slalom course through the entire Timber Creek zone. They should make those potholes reserve their own parking spaces like everybody else!!

I see snow from my office and I'm nowhere near Tahoe...

Quote Originally Posted by South tahoe skier View Post
    The parking reservation system at heavenly this season was a resounding success according to Tom fortune and Cody bass. In fact it was so successful it’s coming to kirkwood for 24/25. Too bad Paula did not interview Scott robbins. If you don’t live on the south shore, Tom is gm of vail resorts in Tahoe, Cody is the mayor, Paula runs the local blog and Scott is a council member https://southtahoenow.com/story/04/0...rt-next-winter
    It’s was so successful I finally decided not to purchase a pass next year after having one for decades, fuck you Vail

Kirkwood might make sense. That's a long drive to get turned around and denied.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Kirkwood might make sense. That's a long drive to get turned around and denied.
    Unless people just say f-it and take the fine.... I know it's not the same but in Park City and at Alta, the parking monitors are writing upwards of 40 tickets per day. Enough people are doing it such that if show up mid morning, good chance there isn't a spot even though technically you're entitled to one. I'm assuming it probably happened a bunch at at Squa... I mean Palisades.. as well.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

What’s the parking fine for illegal parking in SF, like in the mission district on a Saturday night? At the summertime river crossings/access points near me, many people, especially nonlocals, intentionally park illegally. They consider the parking ticket as part of the price to play (not realizing it affects emergency vehicle access).

Parking tickets at heavenly are in the $250 range

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    ^^ it is soooo bad. It's like a pothole slalom course through the entire Timber Creek zone. They should make those potholes reserve their own parking spaces like everybody else!!
    Apparently, it's cos Vail *fixed* the potholes that were there...so now they are huge and deep, and sand spills out when it rains
    (And homeowners have to pay for road)
    But what an awesome day was had at the K'dubs today. It kept on snowing!

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    What’s the parking fine for illegal parking in SF, like in the mission district on a Saturday night? At the summertime river crossings/access points near me, many people, especially nonlocals, intentionally park illegally. They consider the parking ticket as part of the price to play (not realizing it affects emergency vehicle access).
    Depends on the type of ticket but typical parking ticket in SF is $110

Back on the subject of skiing. It was better than a dust on crust day at the Ghettos. There was just enough new snow to smooth things out if you knew where it was already fairly smooth yesterday. I ended up doing about 15 laps...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

At kirkwood there is only one entrance and very little other traffic entering the valley. It wouldn't be hard to stop every plate that doesn't have a reservation or parking sticker. I would assume they would leave some extra space in paid parking and push anyone w/o reservations there for the extra income.