Check Out Our Shop
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98
Results 2,426 to 2,449 of 2449
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Energy View Post
    23 inches in our driveway on the Summit by 8:30 p.m., Saturday evening, and another 6 inches of cold fluff Sunday morning. Was going to head to Palisades, but 80 traffic was being held at Boreal about 7:45 a.m.
    Attachment 493189
    Bailed and made three runs off the north side of Castle. Multiple groups of human and sled powered skiers/riders there, all playing nice. Some impressive sloughs and at least two large storm slabs with powder clouds running to the bottom of the bowl.
    Woot!

the plan was to head to Carson Pass today, but I was feeling lazy. This was yesterday while 89 was jacked
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I managed to find my way down to Carson pass early and got one run in before meeting my girlfriend and heading to Kirkwood. Snow was touchy and sluffs were running hard and fast. I took one look at the wall with at least 4 visible slides that ran during the storm with visible wind slabs and said no thanks. Couple people got carried, heard one guy deployed his air bag. A few eventually dropped the wall with big sluffs, but saw no one carried in that zone.

I skied the shoulder of the red lake gasx gully, did note the gully had slid full path nearly to the road, I presume from caltran firing the gasx off, couldn’t see the start zone due to poor visibility in the early AM up higher.

Anyone know what up with EVOs Tahoe plans? I noticed the old blue agave building in they planned to use is up for sale again

I was always under the impression/led to believe they were taking over the Any Moumtain space…
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Though it appears they are taking over The Tahoe City Inn…

https://www.evo.com/locations/tahoe-city

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Anyone know what up with EVOs Tahoe plans? I noticed the old blue agave building in they planned to use is up for sale again
    They’re saying winter 2025:

https://www.sierrasun.com/news/evo-t...d%20offerings.

Well, the Tahoe City Inn (aka Blue agave space) has a for sale sign on it when I drove past it a week or two ago, so seems kinda in flux at best

Maybe things are moving slow due to the haunted nature of the site?

https://www.moonshineink.com/section...pirits-inside/

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    DSR is like last of the independents.
    One thing DSR did for Sunday that I thought was pretty cool was they groomed the short beginner run that can be used to access chair 2. This made for an easy walk from the bottom area of chair 2, which wasn’t running, back up and over toward chair 1. By a little after 11am, there were maybe 15 sets of tracks leading to Chair 2. There were just a handful of us doing that for those laps.

And the “rope drop” for chair 3 was like the opposite of an Eagle Bowl rope drop.

Well, the Tahoe City Inn (aka Blue agave space) has a for sale sign on it when I drove past it a week or two ago, so seems kinda in flux at best
    The GC(Built) is awarding contracts right now to the subcontractors(we might be the drywall/paint sub.), so unless something major has happened it should be a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I was disappointed to say the least that with no explanation why the Chutes were suddenly just closed for the last three weeks of the season. Certainly was for lack of snow.

This was on Friday. They looked really good. The chairlift gossip I heard, so take this with a grain of salt, was that if somebody gets hurt in the Chutes it takes a minimum of three patrollers, sometimes four to package someone up and get them out of there. Due to staffing shortages, that would leave the rest of Rose literally uncovered if another accident were to occur.

Due to low snowfall early in the season the Chutes didn’t open until February and they closed early. So Roses best terrain, which they hype up and market heavily was open for 30+(?) as they are closed on anything less than perfect weather.

Bummer, but I went ahead and renewed my Rose pass last night before the prices went up.
    FWIW, they're skiing quite well right now. Got a quick lap up to Nightmare mid afternoon after completely stuffing myself on wagyu and bacon and chocolate at a food show in Reno. Was hoping to ski Nightmare since it looked awesome from below, but had never been there and went kind of right off the top and ended up in the trees between Nightmare and Miller Time. Still good, if not quite corn. They didn't seem to get enough out of the storm to matter too much.

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    thank god photo upload is fixed all i wanted to do was put up this pic

Attachment 493081
    How are you uploading photos?

It won’t let me upload photos taken on my iPhone, keeps telling me upload has failed…

I’ve been using iPhone app no probs for a week or so now

the pc upload function works now too.

In the spirit of the changing season...

https://tahoequarterly.com/best-of-t...n-biking-mecca
    The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.

Anything decent north side rideable yet? Saw cars at jackass last week , but not sure if there were still drifts to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    FWIW, they're skiing quite well right now. Got a quick lap up to Nightmare mid afternoon after completely stuffing myself on wagyu and bacon and chocolate at a food show in Reno. Was hoping to ski Nightmare since it looked awesome from below, but had never been there and went kind of right off the top and ended up in the trees between Nightmare and Miller Time. Still good, if not quite corn. They didn't seem to get enough out of the storm to matter too much.
    That’s cool. I figured they must be skiing well with the melt freeze cycle we’ve had lately. Been down in Mammoth for the past week and the skiings been really good here with Sun & Mon being stellar spring skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything decent north side rideable yet? Saw cars at jackass last week , but not sure if there were still drifts to deal with
    It’s in excellent shape.

Get it while you can!

sproing!

Couple recent shots

sproing!

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

Nice!!^^^

DSR ch 3 last Sunday
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20240505_120744007_Original.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	493312
    Last edited by bodywhomper; Yesterday at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    In the spirit of the changing season...

https://tahoequarterly.com/best-of-t...n-biking-mecca
    Brings back memories of riding in the Lake Tahoe area late’80s. Flume, Toad’s, Mt Lola, Buck Lake Wilderness, Downieville etc etc.

Started out with the Bodfish guide. Different times

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'll be at OV tomorrow. If anyone is around. Orange pants and tan helmet. Blue jacket maybe depending on temps.

Black On3p Wrens or moon landing Wildcats 108. Can't wait for some spring skiing. Hoping the winds back off a wee

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    the pc upload function works now too.
    Not for me. It won’t upload images from my Mac…