Check Out Our Shop
Page 92 of 100 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2489
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    ...might be the last best day for spring skiing today out there...
    Rose was skiing pretty bloody awesome this arvo, (went to KW on Tuesday) and we thought similar. Especially after overhearing 'troller on lift saying incoming weather might affect 6pm close on Friday (thunder), and pond skim on Sunday.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SP_7 View Post
    The towers looked like they were being used as a snow fence, but looked like they could be easily run over by someone or something. I can't believe they dragged them all the way up there.

Yes, road to Silvy base. Granite Chief HS quad please, so slow, the line is always and long and 10 + years overdue anyway. Emigrant HS lift starting at further down near the GC building would be nice too. Open the pool as well...
    Towers are installed and removed by heli so just as easy to move them there vs the parking lot or wherever else.

Road to Silvy base would never get approved. It would also be one hell of an undertaking.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Rose was skiing pretty bloody awesome this arvo, (went to KW on Tuesday) and we thought similar. Especially after overhearing 'troller on lift saying incoming weather might affect 6pm close on Friday (thunder), and pond skim on Sunday.
    I was also at Rose this afternoon and pleasantly surprised at conditions. Hopefully this storm blows through quickly and we get some more spring skiing this weekend.

The “circus” is coming to town!
    (Okay, just Kirkwood)

https://www.flynncreekcircus.com/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Well, this morning exceeded my expectations at Alpine. It snowed pretty hard between 8-11am and things started to add up nicely. It started heavy/wet so bonded pretty well and smoothed things out. The place was empty so you could essentially farm your turns. Some moderate pitches skied bottomless by 10.30 and far exceeded my expectations. Amazing how fast it's melting though right now. The trees at 6,400 ft already look like nothing ever happened.

6” at SB by mid morning. Turned to mank by 1. Fun surprise but likely ruined the skiing for closing weekend

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    complete aside, but can we no longer "insert image from file" on the forums?? because that is like, a huge pain in the ass and really mussing up my ability to throw stoke
    I had that option randomly disappear out of my account over two weeks ago. If you know of a work around any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My guess is the red dog towers will be turned into terrain park features.

^^^ that makes the most sense to me.

Anyone ski KW today? I'm hoping it stayed cold up top so we can start the day tomorrow with wintery Wall to spring Buckboard until it warms up and begins to mark. Or is it too late? Cause then we could sleep an extra hour or two and just wait for the resoftened mank.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I had that option randomly disappear out of my account over two weeks ago. If you know of a work around any info would be appreciated.

I had issues even before the recent one. I used to be able to load through the ap, then no. So I loaded from phone through browser, and then that stopped. Then via browser on laptop. When that stopped I downloaded Tapatalk and now can upload pics through that ap. Don't know why. But is been a journey.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I only poste that post once. Fuck this goddamn forum. I'm tired of deleting duplicate posts.
    Actually you did post twice. For some reason, after you post, the website brings you to that page about waiting 45 seconds. If you wait, and then post - that is the 2nd time you posted.

If you actually click on the link to the thread from that "wait 45 seconds page" without posting a 2nd time, you will see your OG post in the thread.

It like someone is fucking with us.

There are several threads about the disastrous state of this forum. In the spirit of keeping the Tahoe participants together, search for the group The Powder Zone on Facebook. It’s not intended to be a replacement but a gathering point for everyone to reconvene and figure out an alternative when one day we try to login and the forum is just dead and the closet server fan is no more.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I am still bummed that BennyProfane’s Criterion thread was deleted over in the Movies… forum.
    I wrote a slew of reviews that I didn’t back-up.

The mass deletions are a feature though not a bug - like the current problem w posting pics

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ^^^ that makes the most sense to me.

Anyone ski KW today? I'm hoping it stayed cold up top so we can start the day tomorrow with wintery Wall to spring Buckboard until it warms up and begins to mark. Or is it too late? Cause then we could sleep an extra hour or two and just wait for the resoftened mank.
    I didn’t but just talked to a friend who did, 2” of wet snow over a hard base, said it was unpleasant, did 3 runs and was done

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

FYI based on the KW snow stake they did receive a couple more inches throughout the day.

Just heard back from a friend who toured incline peak in the evening and they found 4 inches on a hard base; said it skied surprisingly well.

Was hoping to chase corn this weekend but I guess I’ll have to look for high elevation mellow powder lines instead. Does anyone have beta on Freel Peak approach?!

That whatever 3-4" of wet at Squaw skied really well today with 120 underfoot. Bottomless Base certainly got manky and slow, but we had some really fun turns. Day 3 on my pass...winning!

Quote Originally Posted by GKWood View Post
    FYI based on the KW snow stake they did receive a couple more inches throughout the day.

Just heard back from a friend who toured incline peak in the evening and they found 4 inches on a hard base; said it skied surprisingly well.

Was hoping to chase corn this weekend but I guess I’ll have to look for high elevation mellow powder lines instead. Does anyone have beta on Freel Peak approach?!

The trees looked nice on the cams after 3pm today and into the evening.

Trying to decide KW or Alpine. My kid wants to golf, so if I feel up for the extra drive, we might be headed that way anyhow. It looked like it was a bit warmer there today.

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    The “circus” is coming to town!
    Speaking of which, are you and your *Truckee Posse* heading to Rose for closing day? Or KW?
    We passed on going today...weather related.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

alpine was awesome today (and yesterday)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C6QcLF5un4e/?hl=en
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Soft and wintery all the way to the base. 10 was skiing like a powder day this morning. Yes, you could kind of feel the bottom firmness, but is was pretty damn smooth. Skied boot deep plus in places. Getting warm now but gonna hike under the Cirque to get one in Thunder Saddle before things warm up too much.

We balked on golf. Was not looking forward to driving from Alpine to here after skiing. Glad we came this way. Very much worth it.

I bet there is a ton of nearby BC that was excellent this morning.

We will be here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf was a fuckin poop show anyways and the skiing was marginal other than the Keyhole and Lower Saddle zone.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Hot pow lap. I grabbed one man from the top. Crossed a single skier traverse track. There were still bumps down low. And it got hotter the lower I went. But the top half was money.

Would have been better a few hours ago but my kid was not up for the hike. They took lunch and I got one.

Sure felt warm getting over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Speaking of which, are you and your *Truckee Posse* heading to Rose for closing day? Or KW?
    We passed on going today...weather related.
    Probably gonna hit AM tomorrow for their closing since I have an Ikon pass with only 2 days logged on it (gotta pay it off by Mem Day! Or at least get to what I consider a reasonable price point).
    So, sadly gonna miss Rose Close for the first time in a long while.

It would be really cool if resorts staggered their closing days. I relished the years when you could almost hit every Tahoe resort’s closing weekend because they were al different…

Quote Originally Posted by dookeyXXX View Post
    It would be really cool if resorts staggered their closing days. I relished the years when you could almost hit every Tahoe resort’s closing weekend because they were al different…
    I don't think that was ever a thing, except maybe in super weak year where resorts dropped out early. Otherwise you're looking at most resorts closing between typical easter (April 10thish) to late April with a handful going to memorial day (and all those typically close on Memorial Day). So that's like 4 different closing weekend options for 9 major resorts counting Homewood, and OV and Palisades as separate.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.