Check Out Our Shop
Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2473
    Parking by Subway. This is the way.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Make sure to pick up your barking permit!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AMSDP Barking permit.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	269.6 KB 
ID:	485274
    I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Parking by Subway. This is the way.
    Shut your whore mouf

Packing the car. Gonna get my kid up for a day tomorrow and see what happens by Sunday morning. Might be running with out tail tucked, but hope to get a few hours in the morning before returning home.

Sending out the be careful vibes for the next week. Driving, skiing, touring, etc. It looks like this next system could be a wild ride.

Suns out down on the coast. Gorgeous day right now.

Well, they are now turning on the spigot starting Saturday night, so I'm on the same plan. Have fun in the pow on sunday/monday everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    Yeah man. I'm driving up Friday afternoon. My son will hopefully train on Saturday (no race thankfully) but I think we're gonna bail Saturday afternoon and come back. Unfortunately he has school on Monday and I'm betting Sunday is a free ski day instead of training (and I don't wanna get stuck). Wish I could just stay up there but kidz....

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Packing the car. Gonna get my kid up for a day tomorrow and see what happens by Sunday morning. Might be running with out tail tucked, but hope to get a few hours in the morning before returning home.
    that was my plan too but now may just eat the hotel room and turn tail Sat night.. Sunday forecast really messed with me on this one oh well!

Going to attempt to brave a Saturday day trip. Leave early enough to beat traffic, hope to tire the kid out before 2, and bounce before the chaos starts.

It's that or brave my oldest's kid's bday party with 8 of her friends and a minimum indoor sound level of 130+db of shrieking
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Going to attempt to brave a Saturday day trip. Leave early enough to beat traffic, hope to tire the kid out before 2, and bounce before the chaos starts.

It's that or brave my oldest's kid's bday party with 8 of her friends and a minimum indoor sound level of 130+db of shrieking
    Read the first paragraph and was thinking that sounds like a fraught plan, but then read the second paragraph and switched to totally makes sense.

Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Shut your whore mouf
    I'm glad to see that you guys talk shit to each other, also, instead of just busting my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Well, they are now turning on the spigot starting Saturday night, so I'm on the same plan. Have fun in the pow on sunday/monday everyone!

Yeeee. Thanks dude!! I have work scheduled for Monday. That may have to change.

Have fun this weekend. OV is skiing so good right now.

Just got back from SB after a morning pow cleanup mission. Lots of fun and filling back in already. Didn't explore much, but lots of good stuff off Dis and Crows. My legs are smoooooked.

IMO, OV is skiing a bit better right now. That magical snow drifting wind that upper mountain gets makes for that killer blow-in refill effect.

Pretty sure everybody is getting the goods this weekend. It's pretty rowdy here right now. Blowing and snowing. Pretty cold out there.

Happy weekend everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I'm glad to see that you guys talk shit to each other, also, instead of just busting my balls.
    Exactly. This place is tongue in cheek and having some thick skin is a requirement.

Trying to figure out when to get back to Truckee. I assume 80 will close Sunday afternoon and open back up for a late evening strike?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Timing seems to be a bit off--snowing hard at Donner Lake at the moment.
    The gods laugh at those who make plans. Especially Ullr.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Exactly. This place is tongue in cheek and having some thick skin is a requirement.

Trying to figure out when to get back to Truckee. I assume 80 will close Sunday afternoon and open back up for a late evening strike?
    Depends if Caltrans operates like a decade ago, or last year.

You want me to check the OS report???

Honestly looks like a crapshoot right now. One of those "watch the weather and make a run for it" calls.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Timing seems to be a bit off--snowing hard at Donner Lake at the moment.
    The gods laugh at those who make plans. Especially Ullr.
    Hammering up here on the east side, too.

Based upon Murphy's law it will snow hard until my wife gets home from her haircut appointment and then stop. Who gets their hair cut during the winter anyway?

I should plan my ski days based upon the appointments she makes.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Depends if Caltrans operates like a decade ago, or last year.
    Depends on how many people, esp big rigs, decide to spin out. IME when 80 does stay open on Sunday traffic is slow enough to avoid much carnage. Even visibility is not an issue when there's a solid line of tail lights to follow all the way down to the snow line. The worst is usually from Palisades to 80. Especially with the jackasses drving through neighborhoods and on the shoulder through Truckee. (At least they put some islands in DPR so that WB it's 2 lanes instead of three.

Headwall was skiing very, very well this afternoon.

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    it was all skiing great as long as you could see. lots of skiing by braille with knees flexed ready to receive an ice mogul today for me at least. but I’m a glutton for the steep open stuff.
    soul replenishing to ski fresh snow again.
    Last edited by sweatypowderpig; 02-02-2024 at 11:23 PM.

A fun storming afternoon at Mt.Rose. Ski'd deeper than "trace". Low angle trees? Yeah baby.
    But now we are all imprisoned in the parking lot by "the man"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_Screenshot_20240202_164652_Samsung_Internet.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	485302

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Depends on how many people, esp big rigs, decide to spin out. IME when 80 does stay open on Sunday traffic is slow enough to avoid much carnage. Even visibility is not an issue when there's a solid line of tail lights to follow all the way down to the snow line. The worst is usually from Palisades to 80. Especially with the jackasses drving through neighborhoods and on the shoulder through Truckee. (At least they put some islands in DPR so that WB it's 2 lanes instead of three.
    The real fun starts, eastbound, when the snow level is down to Floriston. Without fail there's a big rig wreck on that bend when chain controls are up.

Really fun afternoon at Alpine. Much better than the morning; cold blower and wind that did a great job filling in things run after run. Very rippable, at least on the less steep parts that didn’t have massive moguls before the storm. Sherwood gullies were consistently skiing great (and more or less deserted),at least when the viz was there (was on and off)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It was actually great all day at Alpine Meadows...just a matter of knowing where to find the snow.

Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    A fun storming afternoon at Mt.Rose. Ski'd deeper than "trace". Low angle trees? Yeah baby.
    But now we are all imprisoned in the parking lot by "the man"Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resized_Screenshot_20240202_164652_Samsung_Internet.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	485302

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It was fun at Rose this afternoon! I skied until closing and left from the Slide side parking lot and missed the carnage, but that explains all the EMS/LEO vehicles that were going code uphill as I was going down.

Name:	IMG_2621.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	485313
    The Zephyr chair kept chugging away this afternoon and the skiing down the chairline got better and better each lap.

Name:	IMG_2626.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	485314
    Slide side tree's were really fun.

Name:	IMG_2629.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1,020.2 KB 
ID:	485315
    I caught my last chair at 3:59 pm and by the time I got back to my truck there was nobody around.
    Fun afternoon of storm skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    With the exception of Granite and gold coast pretty much everything was either ski on or a minimal wait after 2pm as well. Parking lot was a mess and mountain run was a dumpster fire, but the actual good skiing was abandoned. Tomorrow's going to be a junk show though, glad to get some stress free turns in this afternoon.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Funtime closure due to idiots on 80. Wait or detour paradox