Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I know the idea of parking reservations suck, but they had to do something. Most Saturdays last season the parking lot was full by 10:00am and the line of cars waiting for spots stretched all the way back to Truckee. Count me as one Bay Area driver who won't be dealing with that mess this year. I opted NOT to renew my IKON pass. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze. You're welcome.

Personally I am not as mad about parking reservations at PT as I am annoyed with paid parking on the street and at parks in TC/KB.

As an employee I do not need to reserve parking - so while it is a PITA for others, its an incidental benefit of employment on the mountain.
    Funny how they strip employee benefits each year and then this. Make the experience worse for others while keeping it the same for employees - it almost feels like they are giving us improved benefits - but they are not.

Tahoe '23/'24 - Reserve Now For Best Pricing!!!

Traffic is still going to be a shit show, it might just be about 5-10% improved. But then we’ll get a second wave before noon so overall it could end up being worse. I’d rather just leave the house early like we have been the last few years than have to deal with some online reservation nonsense on Tuesday each week (anyone want to bet that the web site doesn’t crash the first few weeks?).

Now, if this thing works and it means the traffic line on 89 starts much later in the morning so if you want to get thru there at 7:30am to go to the west shore or whatever (or for those trying to get to work) and the traffic is minimal then I’m all for it, I’m just skeptical it will pan out that way. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Support Mag Projects

Spence Sez It's not about skiing, but Dookey is an incredible movie reviewer and you will be entertained.
    Oh shit!
    Guess I gotta keep the blog updated more frequently now that I’ve been co-signed by G2A…
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by truckeelocal View Post
    Cough, cough. How about New Moon ?
    You must be independently wealthy to shop at NM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    Personally I am not as mad about parking reservations at PT as I am annoyed with paid parking on the street and at parks in TC/KB.

As an employee I do not need to reserve parking - so while it is a PITA for others, its an incidental benefit of employment on the mountain.
    Funny how they strip employee benefits each year and then this. Make the experience worse for others while keeping it the same for employees - it almost feels like they are giving us improved benefits - but they are not.
    I have the employee fanciness, also, but you won't find me near PT on the weekends. Life's too short to deal with that.

Luckily parking at my back country spot is still free (my driveway).

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Traffic is still going to be a shit show, it might just be about 5-10% improved. But then we’ll get a second wave before noon so overall it could end up being worse. I’d rather just leave the house early like we have been the last few years than have to deal with some online reservation nonsense on Tuesday each week (anyone want to bet that the web site doesn’t crash the first few weeks?).

Now, if this thing works and it means the traffic line on 89 starts much later in the morning so if you want to get thru there at 7:30am to go to the west shore or whatever (or for those trying to get to work) and the traffic is minimal then I’m all for it, I’m just skeptical it will pan out that way. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
    Yes. I agree with all of this. Highly skeptical over here. Hell, there were midweek days that I couldn't park for work last year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9591.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	188.8 KB 
ID:	474694

I knew something was starting to feel different.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

^Thank You!
    (For posting stoke instead of whining about parking)

Although you did forget your skis/board…

You’ll have to PM Powdork and give him some beta cuz he’ll most likely want to ski the hell out of that…

it crossed my mind
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Posting here so I can find this thread later. Still digging out the snow gear from a year plus of storage. With this thread started, figure I needed to start getting ready for winter. Been great acclimating to Santa Cruz and getting back in the water. And loving the trails. Recent rains and more on the way, and it feels like it is turning. I was feeling pretty cold the other morning at dawn with it only down to 48F. Wonder what winter is gonna feel like. Bring it on. Stoked for snow.

Not skiing or riding related, but local nonetheless.
    If you’re in Reno or Sparks, check out this cool billboard art:

https://hollandreno.org/billboard/

Also, if you ain’t hip to The Holland Project, it’s a sweet art gallery, creative space, and live music venue.
    I’ve seen about a half dozen shows there over the years and it’s a great vibe, like seeing a concert in your dad’s garage.

Recommended orthopedic knee surgeons along the 80 corridor that are skiers and good communicators? I need a consultation and eventually to go under.

Following ^^^ …A little too closely fml lol

Ortho recs in SF appreciated as well!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

Dude, I've got a lame knee right now, too. I finished last season in a brace. Babied it all summer and was feeling good. Then about a month ago the pain came back with a vengeance. No time to mess with it now. Ski season is almost here. Advil and a brace for me, again. I should have been nicer to my knees when I was younger.

Y'all should be buying Stryker right now (NYSE:SYK). Then you won't feel so bad about the $150k for the new knee.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Dude, I've got a lame knee right now, too. I finished last season in a brace. Babied it all summer and was feeling good. Then about a month ago the pain came back with a vengeance. No time to mess with it now. Ski season is almost here. Advil and a brace for me, again. I should have been nicer to my knees when I was younger.
    That’s kind of my plan too. We’ll see how it goes lol

Lottsa ski movies this week at The Haus…

https://tahoearthauscinema.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    I should have been nicer to my knees when I was younger.
    Food for thought

Is there a troller thread around here?
    Throwing charges may be bad for your mental health. Pentagon seems to have wounded soldiers, injured by shockwaves from their artillery pieces. No treatment or prevention strategies, and diagnosis via autopsy. May be a subject to follow.
    https://dnyuz.com/2023/11/05/a-secre...-the-pentagon/
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

On the knee issues, I am trying to be kinder to my knees as I get up there in years. For the most part this means going narrower for pow skis. For daily drivers, 100 underfoot is my sweet spot and pretty much has been since my first pair of Line Motherships. Last year I picked up a pow ski at 106 underfoot and found that I really only need those on the really deep days. Even then the snow had better be lighter than average.

Each summer I am on a quest to rehab my ski season damage through biking. My goal this summer and fall has been 100 miles per week. I will state the unpopular opinion here that an e-bike is practically the perfect tool for that rehab. Hate on it all you want but you can dial in exactly the amount of assistance that lets you push without over torquing things. By this time of the year, I'm using very few electrons. I could do that on a spin bike indoors too but that is boring.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post

In San Francisco Dr Akizuki (also the team ortho for the SF Giants) did my wife's knee in February of this year after someone hit her on her first day out at SV in December. He was great and covered under Cigna if that matters. Lisa Paradiso in San Rafael was recommended by him for PT and she is also great.

Just following up now baseball season is over he's much easier to get in, he's at every Giants home game. Last December we were able to get in the same week and he called multiple times right after the sugery.

Totally forgot about Dr A. Thought he only did arms. He’s done a few of my friend’s shoulders and they all had good things to say about him. Thx

I’m a 65 year old male skier who averages 150 days a year on skis and 350 on bikes.
    Dr. Raymond Kim performed TKR 10/12/23 at the Steadman Clinic in Basalt Colorado. So far the total cost is a little closer to $100,000.

I started riding a Class 3 Ebike with a throttle, seven days post op. There are a couple of real steep pitches near my house and the throttle helps me keep from over stressing my knee. Mentality and physicality, the ebike has really helped my recovery.

I’m hoping to be skiing by Christmas and hitting 100 days this year.
    Last edited by Shredhead; 11-11-2023 at 12:45 PM.