Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

23/24 WYDAHO * " Le Tits now " * JH, GT, SK, KC, PC...

I’ve had good luck at TVS in the village.

Last couple times I’ve requested Matt Sheets. Also had a good experience with Grant.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Thanks for the shout out DJ... Humbled by it and if I achieve nothing else in this world I'd be happy with that.

On another note: Teton Brown released his Clip/video/edit (or whatever you call it depending on your vintage) it's a must watch especially his last day which included 3 lines that would be season-makers/lifetime achievements on their own by any measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oTRgd2Wy1Y

Can't wait for the upcoming total immersion that is winter in JH.
    that edit is awesome!

The last line on to the fin in Once, OMG! He gets completely barreled cresting the top of the fin and then drops into the two stager blind! I sharted in my pants a little watching that
    dirtbag, not a dentist

^^^^^^

Indeed mag, That was maybe my favorite shot. Him shaving up onto that huge wave is rad.

I wish I could extract just that part and post it up. It's one of the best runs I've ever seen in Once.

I've skied it in some really shitfuck conditions and the entry can be hairball. He makes it look so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamenoneed View Post
    Hate to be that guy but after of plenty of search function scouring I’m looking for 2023 bootfitting recommendations in the area. I feel like I’ve never had a proper boot fitting experience but I want to get it right this time. Interested in Zipfits but just want some expertise. In town, the village, or over the pass if it’s worth it let me know what you think.
    https://jhbootroom.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by elevens View Post
    Taking my son (12) out this year, milestones of life.

Holla when you're en route, let's get some turns in and I'd be stoked to ski with your boy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^^

Indeed mag, That was maybe my favorite shot. Him shaving up onto that huge wave is rad.

I wish I could extract just that part and post it up. It's one of the best runs I've ever seen in Once.

I've skied it in some really shitfuck conditions and the entry can be hairball. He makes it look so easy.
    You ain't the only one to drop into some shit f snow in Once! It gets crusty. I remember a fatal fall in there with a young female skier in the mid 2000's I believe. It's steep!

I also remember being out with photographers one day on Cody then going over to No Name and John Griber came out of Once with a really scared look on his face, he said it was terrible snow and terrifying. I was having a less than awesome day myself and took a good tumble over and below the No Name cliffs.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    that edit is awesome!

The last line on to the fin in Once, OMG! He gets completely barreled cresting the top of the fin and then drops into the two stager blind! I sharted in my pants a little watching that
    Great skiing and lines - but who is he talking to? Ha. I got the impression he's just interviewing himself in this self made movie and pretending the cameraman is asking him random questions about the season.

^lol. Welcome to the new world of content creators. Dude absolutely sends though.

Love the new all inclusive thread title, so ready!

Quote Originally Posted by nonamenoneed View Post
    Hate to be that guy but after of plenty of search function scouring I’m looking for 2023 bootfitting recommendations in the area. I feel like I’ve never had a proper boot fitting experience but I want to get it right this time. Interested in Zipfits but just want some expertise. In town, the village, or over the pass if it’s worth it let me know what you think.
    If you're in Teton Valley I highly recommend Peaked Sports. Helps to make an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    You ain't the only one to drop into some shit f snow in Once! It gets crusty. I remember a fatal fall in there with a young female skier in the mid 2000's I believe. It's steep!

I also remember being out with photographers one day on Cody then going over to No Name and John Griber came out of Once with a really scared look on his face, he said it was terrible snow and terrifying. I was having a less than awesome day myself and took a good tumble over and below the No Name cliffs.
    Fuck dude, when Griber tells you it's terrifying, it's time to go elswhere. He's got the chops.
    I still have a ton of vio pov cams he gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Love the new all inclusive thread title, so ready!

Hellz yeah, looking forward to the stoke from the 'Ghee and all westslope action in or out.

Do I really need to ski in jeans on the 25$ day? Or will they not care...

I'm sure you can get around it. I will be skiing that day, in gore tex

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Do I really need to ski in jeans on the 25$ day? Or will they not care...
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    I'm sure you can get around it. I will be skiing that day, in gore tex

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Face palm

Ski in jeans

Cheney’s ghost would want it that way.

They are going for the world record. Contribute!

I very well may, was just wondering if I was getting bounced for lack of jean.

In honor of newt I recommend a Hawaiian shirt over your ski jacket. In jeans.

A new marketing ploy to keep the world thinking the locals are a bunch of Hicks.
    Zero locals ski in jeans.
    Condescension from the masses is met with a laugh or growl as we ski away from the clucks.

Just like co-opting gaper day, which was always locals making fun of the tourist clownshow.
    Nowadays the new kid wanna be locals are the tourist clownshow (see tram operators).

Or a competition to ascend the King enough times to say 'I climbed the height of Everest'.

Management is becoming a bunch of tourists too.

We do our best to ignore this crap.

I think they've done away with the Coombs/Marmot event since they switched suppliers from Marmot to Mammut.
    Thought for sure that they'd change the Marmot chair to the Mammut chair.

Ski in Peace, Brent.

Just like co-opting gaper day, which was always locals making fun of the tourist clownshow.
    Nowadays the new kid wanna be locals are the tourist clownshow
    So sad. The normalization so skiing moving down the list in priorities is a bit strange. But it's OK, the radness of skiing needs no help.

Nowadays the new kid wanna be locals are the tourist clownshow
    So sad. The normalization so skiing moving down the list in priorities is a bit strange. But it's OK, the radness of skiing needs no help.

Yeah Djongo. I get it. It’s all marketing.
    They picked up on the Cheney skis in jeans meme.

Which is almost as funny as michael cares.

For those that are able to ski that day, rock a Hawaiian shirt. To honor Brent newt newton and his boys Owen and Warren. And give a shout out to Sheryl if she has the day off and can ski the village.

Stoke is best when it’s organic. This seems a bit forced and contrived. Corporations gonna sellout. Always have always will.

Edit
    If it’s a mediocre ski day I say get locals to make it a gaper fools early day. Jeans. Fruit booting. Saucer boy etc.
    make the rich people uncomfortable.

20 years. Dayumm

Where did it go?
    Congrats Daryl on many hours of stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

But it's OK, the radness of skiing needs no help.

Bingo, that's a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Edit
    If it’s a mediocre ski day I say get locals to make it a gaper fools early day. Jeans. Fruit booting. Saucer boy etc.
    make the rich people uncomfortable.
    I have a one piece all cotton hunting outfit. Thick insulation, full leg zips, cargo pockets, reversible from fall to winter camo.
    My ski bud is like 'dude you can be 20' away going mach schnell and I can't even see you'.
    That's the plan, I says.

It skis fucking awesome actually but the looks I get, casually rolling into the tramline can be pretty fucking funny.
    Peeps whispering and pointing. I'm usually rocking out to the tunes so they think I'm clued out.
    Then they look at the long OG LPRs and think this can't be good.

I'll back them all in, GTFO Jerry.

Hope to ski w some of you cats on jean day. I'll probably head down Thur eve, tour the pass Friday, casual lift ski Saturday taking in the new and improved jxn. Been 20 yrs since I've ridden a lift at the village.

If it's a gong show I'll drink coffee at the base and take it all in.

Dinner on me DJ you're a rad dude.

DJ how could u forget? Zero locals ski in jeans.

The one and only Cheney skis in jeans. Always wanted one of those stickers.

Pebble creek is 75 this year. Hope your winter is 1/4 as good as last year.

Ski ya later folks!

Quote Originally Posted by telehacker View Post
    DJ how could u forget? Zero locals ski in jeans.

The one and only Cheney skis in jeans. Always wanted one of those stickers.

Pebble creek is 75 this year. Hope your winter is 1/4 as good as last year.

Ski ya later folks!
    Yesss Mag! Ur right, where was my head?

Oddly, one of the new 'owners' lives a few doors down from Dick.

Keep us up to speed on conditions and maybe the occasional Pictures from the Rock if you please.
    Would be stoked to ski witcha soon...and I'll be on the hunt for a sticker for yas.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Hope to ski w some of you cats on jean day. I'll probably head down Thur eve, tour the pass Friday, casual lift ski Saturday taking in the new and improved jxn. Been 20 yrs since I've ridden a lift at the village.

If it's a gong show I'll drink coffee at the base and take it all in.

Dinner on me DJ you're a rad dude.
    Psyched yer gonna pencil us in. Always seemed to be a tough time to persuade ya into the valley. Ski wit me fosho that day. Park at the abode if ya need a spot.