Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Booked for the last few days of January, and I couldn't be more stoked.
    Djongo, we met at your place last Winter and had a few beers but didn't manage to ski together. I hope this year is different!

23/24 WYDAHO * " Le Tits now " * JH, GT, SK, KC, PC...

Walked the dog on the pass yesterday and chatted with 3 young fellas who were headed back to the lot. One guy busted up a knee pretty bad. Probably already donating to Teton Orthos as of this morning. Hate to see that! Felt bad for him.
    Careful out there if you feel the need to ski.

Edit: his ski got caught in what he thought was some thick brush. Not even a downed tree or hidden rock. Tough way to start and end a season.

Oh FKNA yeah, super stoked to hear all of your incoming plans.

Singlecross=Suhweeeet stoked; psyched to have a bit more time to turn and meet/ski with the missus too.

Mr. Mike and the Mrs. and the boys=stoked you opted in, very much so.

Nick=stoked we'll get another chance so soon. Bringin in the Full trucker witcha?

Jhyatt=stoked; didn't think we were on the radar this year so hellzyes!

Phatty=stoked; would join you @Pebble if possible too. There's a hella coupla mags down thataways I'd like to turn with.

Byates=stoked; and the sooner, the Mo bettah!

Pfluffenmeister=stoked for you being back up and healthy to boot. And that van, holy schnikies mag, that's the tits fosho. Bring the pup!
    We'll be in Eurobbi from 2/24-3/10 so plan around if possible.

Wstdeep= stoked for the adventure mag to be back. Another solid brick in the JH wall of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Walked the dog on the pass yesterday and chatted with 3 young fellas who were headed back to the lot. One guy busted up a knee pretty bad. Probably already donating to Teton Orthos as of this morning. Hate to see that! Felt bad for him.
    Careful out there if you feel the need to ski.

Edit: his ski got caught in what he thought was some thick brush. Not even a downed tree or hidden rock. Tough way to start and end a season.
    I skinned up the other day in MT and walked down. Not getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Nick=stoked we'll get another chance so soon. Bringin in the Full trucker witcha?
    Like Nick I made it to the waxroom but didn't manage to get out for turns with you fine feathered folks. IIRC — I managed to pick up some kinda stomach bug that really kicked me down a notch or five on that trip, we pulled the plug and tucked tail for home a day early. Hoping to get up there this year, not sure it'll be with Nick but I'll ping him about his plans for sure. I might roll through solo and do a Jackhole > Altabird loop... just gonna watch the weather and see what I can put together.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Can’t wait to ski you all in February. I find out tomorrow from my boss if I get 3 or 4 weeks. Still need a place to stay though

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^^^

There she is, I was gonna add you to that list but hadn't heard from you in a while.

Looking forward to skiing ya soon. Will keep my eyes/ears open for places to stay.

The ski fence house had a chimney fire so they got that refurbished and the house painted a funky blue shade.

DJ, Greetings from the other side of the pass. We'll keep ya up to date on the 'Ghee and local travels

^^^^^
    Yeah Mag, most definitely keep us up to speed.

There's quite a contingent of west slopers so I hope the rest of yas chime in on the regulars.
    Here's hoping all o' yas penetrate that Spud curtain and come over and turn with us.

Haysman, shout out my man. I owes ya.
    I'd think you could turn over the hill for free, let's get some turns in, yes?

Just got my vacation confirmed. Pretty much can take the whole of February off. Wahoo, JH here we come. Oh my friend never told me about the chimney fire… Django will send you a pm now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hi all- Reporting in from the west side (hi Yabyum and @haysman) where I can hear the facets growing from my desk. We are retreating to AZ til there is enough snow to cover most of the rocks and weeds. Back by Nov 30 in time for Avy Night. I promise to post snowpack info as it reveals, and might be convinced to ski with some of you kooks if you bring treats (looking at you, @jshyatt). My knee might finally be strong enough to handle some lift access- when it starts to get deep I'll see what kind of ticket I can finagle. Happy November!

even though it's early season, pretty smoking deal on lift tickets at least if you know any non passholders who want cheap tix...or perhaps a good day to avoid all the gapers on wrod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k290ftrhzrxb1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	439.7 KB 
ID:	474722

Buy online? ^ will sell out?

Im in see you in the 2 hr lift line

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    even though it's early season, pretty smoking deal on lift tickets at least if you know any non passholders who want cheap tix...or perhaps a good day to avoid all the gapers on wrod

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k290ftrhzrxb1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	439.7 KB 
ID:	474722
    'atsa pretty big assumption that it'll be a wrod by 12/9.

Don't be jinxin' shit.

^^^^^
    Haysman, shout out my man. I owes ya.
    I'd think you could turn over the hill for free, let's get some turns in, yes?
    I will make it over for sure, although it might just be a wax room sesh to start out. I’m getting over hip surgery that I had this summer. Too much wallowing around in waist deep snow last season! I’m still at Targhee though so if Djongo or @homemadesalsa need a ticket fix let me know.

The forecast looks promising!!

^^^^^^^

Stoked to hear ya mag; Anyyyyyyytime, the waxroom is open for yas. Bring HMS witcha!

Taking my son (12) out this year, milestones of life.
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Oh FKNA yeah, super stoked to hear all of your incoming plans.

Singlecross=Suhweeeet stoked; psyched to have a bit more time to turn and meet/ski with the missus too.

Mr. Mike and the Mrs. and the boys=stoked you opted in, very much so.

Jhyatt=stoked; didn't think we were on the radar this year so hellzyes!

Phatty=stoked; would join you @Pebble if possible too. There's a hella coupla mags down thataways I'd like to turn with.

Byates=stoked; and the sooner, the Mo bettah!

Pfluffenmeister=stoked for you being back up and healthy to boot. And that van, holy schnikies mag, that's the tits fosho. Bring the pup!
    We'll be in Eurobbi from 2/24-3/10 so plan around if possible.

Wstdeep= stoked for the adventure mag to be back. Another solid brick in the JH wall of fame.

Thanks for the shout out DJ... Humbled by it and if I achieve nothing else in this world I'd be happy with that.

On another note: Teton Brown released his Clip/video/edit (or whatever you call it depending on your vintage) it's a must watch especially his last day which included 3 lines that would be season-makers/lifetime achievements on their own by any measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oTRgd2Wy1Y

Can't wait for the upcoming total immersion that is winter in JH.
    Last edited by wstdeep; 11-01-2023 at 08:37 PM.

Wydaho mags!! I’ll be lurking in this thread as always. Hoping to be up in your zone a few times this year. Here’s to a quick start and another solid year!

Keep the stoke high!!

Hey Wydaho mags!

Thinking about heading up to your part of the country for some early season touring...25 short, the ghee, or east angle next weekend.

Anyone wanna get out? Avy2, safe, chill, full of opinions on coffee

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    On another note: Teton Brown released his Clip/video/edit (or whatever you call it depending on your vintage) it's a must watch especially his last day which included 3 lines that would be season-makers/lifetime achievements on their own by any measure.

good lord ....

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Thanks for the shout out DJ... Humbled by it and if I achieve nothing else in this world I'd be happy with that.

Can't wait for the upcoming total immersion that is winter in JH.
    FKNA Yaaah!

Teton Brown setting the bar and bringing the STOKE!

Interestin watching that TBrown viddy.

First thing is this: That's what it takes to really max out the skiing here in a good year. Coverage comes and goes, avy is higher often and being in shape physically, but even more mentally.
    He skis some tough lines and variations but when you get the POV it's obvious that he's nailing the conditions and things are 'easier' by a small measure. (dontstart)
    And giving us the POV is the ticket.

He's got a solid technique, and the mental commitment is really admirable. Total confidence is paramount, and it pays with a list of sweet accomplishments.

Looking at the list, most of that stuff has been skied for years with some exceptions, which are often unskiable until tits conditions both for the season and that day. It's a real job to have your shit dialed this tight, and to deliver the goods when they present themselves.

I've got a few lines Inbounds that I'd like to suggest to him. Stuff long forgotten but occasionally skied back in the day.
    I'd start with Tower 4 cliffs. Not hard but ballsy.
    Unskiable chute to cliff over the cave into upper toilet bowl.
    Triple direct skiers right of T3 offa the rock buttress onto steep double fall line into the trees...

Sketched me to see him standing on the cornice where Bryce fell.

RIP young ripper.

Hate to be that guy but after of plenty of search function scouring I’m looking for 2023 bootfitting recommendations in the area. I feel like I’ve never had a proper boot fitting experience but I want to get it right this time. Interested in Zipfits but just want some expertise. In town, the village, or over the pass if it’s worth it let me know what you think.