Check Out Our Shop
Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2601
    As much as I complain about the Ikon Pass and Solitude, yesterday made me remember why I love the place. Rolled up at 9:30, headed towards Summit that they just opened, got in 3 great headwall laps (just kept traversing towards scree field, nobody was out there..) got the rope drop on Honeycomb, was the 3rd person into Black Forest, everyone in front of me on the traverse dropped early.) Top to bottom white room - I need a snorkel snow) , headed up and over to Navarone gate and got a nice lap in there, again it was empty.. Got scared about the drive down and bailed early. Back at the bottom by 2..
    Felt like real winter up there again!
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    I have a whole pair you can have but they have brakes for race skis.
    Thanks for the offer. Yeah, need 115 brakes. P15s would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Bend yourself Rook
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Banger of a day with pfluffenmeister at Alta on this fine Monday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240304-154316.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	489259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240304-154341.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	489260

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Today was FKNA great. Left my house at 8:40. On the Red Pine Gondola at 9:15. 5 laps on 9990; the lift was empty. Shin/knee high freshies every run. Two laps on the NE facing chutes under the lift and 3 laps on north facing Fantasy Ridge. Every N-facing lap was untracked. Headed down for another lap and was greeted by a closed sign blocking access to the lift. Home by 1:00. Stellar morning for sure.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

December quality powder, March quality daylight. Perfect for after work touring laps!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Today was FKNA great. Left my house at 8:40. On the Red Pine Gondola at 9:15. 5 laps on 9990; the lift was empty. Shin/knee high freshies every run. Two laps on the NE facing chutes under the lift and 3 laps on north facing Fantasy Ridge. Every N-facing lap was untracked. Headed down for another lap and was greeted by a closed sign blocking access to the lift. Home by 1:00. Stellar morning for sure.
    Same. I spent all day over there, and on Peak5.

They had to change a shim on one of the lift towers, and it was back up in an hour?

Fun skiing the chutes with sluff chasing you down.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    As much as I complain about the Ikon Pass and Solitude, yesterday made me remember why I love the place. Rolled up at 9:30, headed towards Summit that they just opened, got in 3 great headwall laps (just kept traversing towards scree field, nobody was out there..) got the rope drop on Honeycomb, was the 3rd person into Black Forest, everyone in front of me on the traverse dropped early.) Top to bottom white room - I need a snorkel snow) , headed up and over to Navarone gate and got a nice lap in there, again it was empty.. Got scared about the drive down and bailed early. Back at the bottom by 2..
    You’re welcome!

Had family in from Michigan. We “slayed” the groomers at Soli on Sunday, then “progressed” to Snowbird yesterday. The wind and visibility off Hidden Peak was all-time! They had a great time anyway skiing likely our worst 3-day weather cycle of the season (thunder/lightning, graupel -> 4” snow/hr, hurricane force winds, classic Midwest grey skies), like they never left!

Alas, it is rejuvenating to show off our place to first- timers and see their reactions! 🤯

Cherry on top - they weren’t Ikoners AND I got to deplete my F&F discounts for a change…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    fk yeah.
    love all of this.

Just gorgeous out there today. One of those days when the stormriders effortlessly blast thru the soft moguls and there was still plenty of untracked to be found
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4311.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	911.3 KB 
ID:	489407
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

looking forward to bringing the 10 year old back to my home turf starting Sunday.
    Looks good.

Anyone have half a pair of P18s lying around? First lost ski in over a decade today.

The Bird was good skiing but definitely not the best day of the season. Pretty variable and the deep stuff was a little upside down and wind affected. Reg traverse was pretty sporty.
    Yo Dan- check your PMs re: Pivots

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    looking forward to bringing the 10 year old back to my home turf starting Sunday.
    Drinks? Gathering at the DTMs?
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Looking for some advice/guidance from those who have lived here a long time (or at least a lot longer than me)

This is only my 2nd winter here, and I think last year was a bit of an anomaly snowpack wise, so I have no idea what a "normal" spring looks like in LCC. We've got a bunch of family looking to come in from east, west & south the week of April 15th for a family event and several would like to stay in town for the week to ski. I'm thinking it should still be decent-ish, but I really have no clue. Given the current conditions and long range forecast, are they/I crazy?

As someone who doesn't in UT but visits frequently that time of year...it could be winter, it could be spring, but there will be plenty of skiing. Personally, I love it. I'll be proudly wearing my IKON under my goggle strap burning up my Bird days. It can occasionally be shitty but usually not. What's not to like about walk on trams and pocket beers?

Park City will shut down skiing-wise. ALTA will be on its last weekend, but the High Boy party is always a blast. The Bird is very good in April and even in to May. It's just different. Get it while you can type skiing, because that afternoon sun turns things sour quickly. Mostly, I usually end my ski day by 1:30 towards the end of April thru May. Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    In.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah801 View Post
    Given the current conditions and long range forecast, are they/I crazy?
    No. Historical average April snowfall is like 70 inches. Good odds for powder, and if not you're probably looking at good to excellent spring conditions.

Yeah could be fantastic spring skiing with a big base around then or maybe a sneaky uncrowded powder day. Worst case is frozen chunder and overcast. I'd go for it.

book it, just don't pack the suitcase until a couple days prior after checking the forecast. I've had some sick pow storm days even in May. Or sunburn.

Corbetts has P15s on sale for $294 CAD ($216 USD):

https://www.corbetts.com/2024-look-p...-ski-bindings/ (95 & 130mm brakes)

And P18s for $308CAD/$225USD:

https://www.corbetts.com/2024-look-p...-ski-bindings/ (only 95mm brake).

Like xover said, just bend the 95's!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Corbetts has P15s on sale for $294 CAD ($216 USD):

https://www.corbetts.com/2024-look-p...-ski-bindings/ (95 & 130mm brakes)

And P18s for $308CAD/$225USD:

https://www.corbetts.com/2024-look-p...-ski-bindings/ (only 95mm brake).

Like xover said, just bend the 95's!
    Well shit, solid deal, and after holding strong for 15 years I bought a pair of these for next year's comeback to the resort. Downgraded to P15s though, my old bones were creaking at the thought of P18s.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

phall last night outta the wind zone into the blower

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Let's do it!
    you sketchy character, you

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Looks good.
    Nice man, how long are you in town for?

also great stoke y'all keep it up, so excited to see you getting after it

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah801 View Post
    I think last year was a bit of an anomaly snowpack wise, so I have no idea what a "normal" spring looks like in LCC. Given the current conditions and long range forecast, are they/I crazy?
    FWIW the real anomaly last season was how fast things changed last spring. I was looking forward to some great skiing in May and possibly early June, only for the conditions to deteriorate quickly.

Love for others to chime in who have keener memories and possibly records to prove/challenge but, imho, I feel the seasons have shifted about 1 month since my first days here in mid-80s. We used to count on skiing in early-mid November (remember PC hosting America’s Cup over Thanksgiving) and now we’re lucky to have lift served runs in LCC by then… while school and other things got in the way in the spring back then, it seemed we wrapped up skiing by early April (maybe it was the equipment?) as I now feel we get great skiing through April and don’t even think about putting the gear away until May…

I think plans for mid-April are a no brainer, but as others suggested, remain adaptable to expectations based on the forecast - could be beach weather or knee-deep.