Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I think that you would be surprised about how few people would utilize the connection from PC to BCC and fewer yet to LCC.
    Some good points made, but i do think more people will take advantage of the connection from PC than you think. And you are not saving any time driving over to Alta on a big powder weekend. And you better have reserved a parking spot before trying to navigate the Great Powder Migration up LCC.

One of the ski coaches at snowbird told me the idea would be to winch great Scott as the start of DH, To men’s downhill to to chips face to lower chips. Could be total and utter bullshit. Also used to run SG in mineral?
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

just listened to the previously linked saltlakecitycast podcast. "ghost buses" was my take away, all in favor of paranormal activity but sounds like a dubious solution
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    Hey kind folk (i just know you'll be kind) I'm much more familiar with Colorado as a solo usually last minute storm chasing traveler; familiar with the nauseating mess of I-70, best way to avoid all that I find is a Monarch season pass, but ....

Will finally have a chance to ski with my grown sons, stay in SLC and ski Brighton, Soli, Snowbird (yep, Ikon) planning ahead for some reason seems important to them. Ten years since I've skied BCC and LCC, mostly hitchhiked up from the Park and Rides then as I recall.

Question: mid season weekends how viable are the buses, do they usually fill and leave you standing at a stop watching a packed bus go by without you/? How early do they fill, first bus out? My strategy is to try to get to either Sandy station or Midvale/ft. union in time for for an early bus and NOT the park and ride lots, does that strategy help? I don't even want to fuck with driving up and parking a rental car.

Raising a glass (mug) to a 900in. season
    It's not free but I used this last year once https://www.visitsaltlake.com/cottonwoodconnect/
    It allows you to make a reservation for guaranteed spots and was able to follow the UTA busses past traffic.

I think your plan to get on in the valley is sound. For best experience, try to be getting to canyon mouths before 7am. Relax, eat and stretch in the lodges. I drive but have come to really appreciate this routine. I don't know if I would recommend bussing up on a major storm day in lcc with a delayed road closure and potential for closures later, getting down on the bus can be the real problem now. No road closure, leave by 2 or wait until 6.

Stoke share...

Went to the Black, everything it said it would be Steep Scary Sustained... cant wait to go back... the end...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231104_150126221.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	475434Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231104_192003331.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	475435

Bitch Ticket Score:
    - Stoke: 1
    - Bitch: 1
    - Net: 0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231104_150124162.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	459.1 KB 
ID:	475436  
    You took too much man, too much, too much

not sure if stoke from outside utah gives 100% credit tho.

looks sick otherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Stoke share...

Went to the Black, everything it said it would be Steep Scary Sustained... cant wait to go back... the end...

Name:	PXL_20231104_150126221.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	459.2 KB 
ID:	475434Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20231104_192003331.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	475435

Bitch Ticket Score:
    - Stoke: 1
    - Bitch: 1
    - Net: 0

sick adventures this fall! xd

On local note>get up and get some...shin deep pow above mid station today, and fun skiing all way down. Alot need more coverage so play safe ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    I think your plan to get on in the valley is sound. For best experience, try to be getting to canyon mouths before 7am. Relax, eat and stretch in the lodges. I drive but have come to really appreciate this routine. I don't know if I would recommend bussing up on a major storm day in lcc with a delayed road closure and potential for closures later, getting down on the bus can be the real problem now. No road closure, leave by 2 or wait until 6.
    I've found similar info in other places. Don't exactly get the logistics of why getting the bus back down is so much worse than the bus up. BTW we will probably do Brighton and Soli on the actual weekends, but it sounds like BCC and LCC can be equally horrendous.

Will def be checking the Cottonwood Connect as well, their website isn't fully up yet

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    not sure if stoke from outside utah gives 100% credit tho.

looks sick otherwise!
    Careful, your walking the line of a bitch ticket... consider this a verbal
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I've found similar info in other places. Don't exactly get the logistics of why getting the bus back down is so much worse than the bus up. BTW we will probably do Brighton and Soli on the actual weekends, but it sounds like BCC and LCC can be equally horrendous.

Will def be checking the Cottonwood Connect as well, their website isn't fully up yet
    You will have to go elbows out on 13 year olds and entire families desperately fighting for one of the seats on the bus after standing in a crowd of 100 people. Some of those people already missed the last bus and are losing their manners REAL fast. At this point in the day, you are sweaty AND cold, tired and extremely hungry, you have to triage food/water - bathroom - just getting home, and everyone else is in the same boat. The giddy excitement of getting up there to SHRED POW in the morning is gone. If you are leaving at the same time as everyone else (between 2 and 4), the red snake has reformed and you, lucky enough to get on the bus, have to stand on it for the next 1-2 hours. No toilets on the bus. You have to plead in front of all the people on it to get the doors open so you can pee on the side of the road- IF traffic is actually fully stopped.

Its the same as showing up at a park and ride at 8 AM, just with a load of other worsening factors. A lot of it could be alleviated with better headways- it took me an hour to get on a bus down from solitude on a sunny sunday last year. There isnt a Ft union station hack for the descent. Hitchhiking down is an alternative as well. If I were only here for a couple days and with others I would 100% shell out for one of the shuttles.

Please dont construe this as bitching- its just what its like. Im actually stoked- going to the boner zone tomorrow to embarrass my aging, helmeted kook ass in front of the cool kids. Pass pickup at the bird after. I have refrained from putting on my whole kit in the family room so far but I dont think i can hold out much longer.

thanks crankplank! solid info., glad your season is about to commence

no i think cranks post is very valid and a reality of taking the bus that should be known to the niave traveler. Heard a similar situation from friends. Take the bus up trying to do the right thing and get absolutely burnt on the way down and that's how you never take the bus again.

Our son, John Collinson, made a movie with support from his sponsors last year.
    Honored that so much respect is shown in it for his mother and I.
    Premiering at the Rose Wagner Theatre downtown this Sunday Nov. 12th at 6 pm.
    Info in his instagram bio.
    Collinson clan will be there, hope to see some mags as well...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Some good points made, but i do think more people will take advantage of the connection from PC than you think. And you are not saving any time driving over to Alta on a big powder weekend. And you better have reserved a parking spot before trying to navigate the Great Powder Migration up LCC.
    The "why would I use the interconnect to get to Snowbird from PC" really misses the point. The concept is more dimensional than just that.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Hop on board the Nabs train and you're gonna get scared
    Heard about your trip, props on actually wanting to go back. Nate and his buddies are Black Canyon fiends and they're not fucking around down there.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Our son, John Collinson, made a movie with support from his sponsors last year.
    Honored that so much respect is shown in it for his mother and I.
    Premiering at the Rose Wagner Theatre downtown this Sunday Nov. 12th at 6 pm.
    Info in his instagram bio.
    Collinson clan will be there, hope to see some mags as well...
    I'll be out of town but I'll catch online at some point - congrats.

fully expected the cash grab to start this year but I have to give sb a little credit in actively trying other solutions to help with parking and see how it goes.

Love adding content to your Wasatch PARKING stoke thread, tgapp

Name:	basin.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	475535

Meh, I had far less complaints about parking than I had about overall crowding of the mountain. So apparently the fix is to get more people to the mountain and make more parking available. Yeah.

The Trappers Loop to Snowbasin turn off is a serious issue.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I was hoping for a $20 Ikon parking pass fee so Snowbasin doesn't get a ton of Solitude skiers who don't want to pay daily Solitude parking fees or didn't get a Solitude weekend reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I was hoping for a $20 Ikon parking pass fee so Snowbasin doesn't get a ton of Solitude skiers who don't want to pay daily Solitude parking fees or didn't get a Solitude weekend reservation.
    I was hoping for a $200 Ikon parking fee.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I was hoping for a $200 Ikon parking fee.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    And they have to park in L lot, ha.

Jesus, Crankplank’s description was anxiety inducing. Although much appreciated from someone entering their first full season here and contemplating transportation options up the canyons.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Jesus, Crankplank’s description was anxiety inducing. Although much appreciated from someone entering their first full season here and contemplating transportation options up the canyons.
    Dont let it get you down. Everyone figures out their program here and I'll tell you- sometimes it will make you mad. But its worth it. Every weekend.

Get a locker up canyon and hitchhike/bus in comfy shoes and sweatpants or buy real snow tires.