Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    I do agree with you. Hopefully my og comment didn't come off as argumentive. Overall, its just a broken system and it sucks for local guides, especially when they claim the canyons are at capacity but want to build a gondi to get more people in there.
    I infer "at capacity" to mean vehicles, not people.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    Cautiously admiring that hair ball run down Little Chute. Jeezus. Anyone who's been there on a good day has to appreciate that commitment.
    I always wonder how far people will push it for instant fame these days, to be continued for sure.
    If its who i think it is (snowboarder?), that guy will slide down anything. Really loves what he's doing.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Ferda Boiiiss, clearly.

I think Apoll nailed it with the "Risking it all for a teeny tiny little biscuit" comment.
    He absolutely nails a rock right at the end of the clip. Could easily be a tib/fib or similar season ender.

If you're not going full throttle down little chute what are you even doing? https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzKWy...BiNWFlZA%3D%3D

tearing off bitch ticket #1

https://www.parksolitude.com/copy-of-tap-n-ski

i would be displeased if I bought an Ikon pass to ski at solitude and could not ski 3 days of the week without paying for parking on a daily basis because they sold out of weekend parking passes before I got one

would be interesting to see how many full passes solitude deems is the max too

Also

the Town of Brighton will be requiring parking reservations for roadside parking on SR-190 between Willow Heights trailhead and Guardsman Pass Road on select days
    This is in the FAQ but i cannot find any more details?

They better differentiate between Solitude and Brighton parking otherwise you might have a bitch of a walk if your reservation just gets you a spot 'somewhere' on the hwy

^ lol if you park 1.5 mi up the road and come back to a ticket.

One would think a ride share app would take off give all the parking issues. If I ever ski bcc/LCC on the regular again I'll just stand at the bottom. What sucks about this plan is the fucking meth heads smashing windows at the park and rides all the time .

Ski Utah’s ski resort parking guide seems helpful for trying to decipher everything:
    https://www.skiutah.com/resources/ski-resort-parking/

and it just goes to show how superior it is to ski in PC with free parking at the canyons….

Knock on wood, but I often park at the PNR lots and have never had an issue w theft. I’ve certainly heard of smash n grabs and catalytic converters getting swiped. But so far hasn’t happened to me or anyone I know (other than someone on here few years back). The bigger issue with those lots is they fill up fast, typically by 730-8am (or earlier) on the weekends….
    Last edited by brutah; 11-03-2023 at 05:50 PM.

Gave Brock Landers a ride up the canyon feb 5th of last season, PNR at the base of Little.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	540.8 KB 
ID:	474938

Name:	IMG_0415.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	474939

Came back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Gave Brock Landers a ride up the canyon feb 5th of last season, PNR at the base of Little.

Name:	IMG_0414.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	540.8 KB 
ID:	474938

Name:	IMG_0415.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	474939

Came back to that.
    I've unfortunately come back to that scene more than once.

When I was climbing in Little a lot I used to leave a note on my dash saying "car unlocked, no valuables inside".

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

So if I've got an IKON and I don't want to use my Bird day and just go to Sorry Dude and get there before 11am, it's $20 or $35 and the bus sucks? And I can't go to Alta anymore on the base pass?

Kinda seems like everyone loses

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

No, no, no - with these multi-resort passes we all win!! That's what I've been told.

I don't even know if I get bitch tickets but I'll try and recover to avoid getting charged. Stoked for by Bird day and will plan on getting the most outa them by going bell to bell and getting rides from my friends with parking season passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    So if I've got an IKON and I don't want to use my Bird day and just go to Sorry Dude and get there before 11am, it's $20 or $35 and the bus sucks? And I can't go to Alta anymore on the base pass?

No way man. Parking is free at the base of the canyons. You just get to be stressed all day that all your shit will be gone and glass smashed while your stressed about crowds and liftlines while having fun skiing. Totally relaxing.

Wasatch PNR and TH lots are practically paved with glass.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Wasatch PNR and TH lots are practically paved with glass.
    UPD would patrol the lots, but they're too busy checking tires.

Unofficial Networks posted an article about the sticker program, UDOT said they are advocating for the program "partially to get into healthy habits ahead of the implementation of Phase 1 for the traffic improvement plan for Little Cottonwood Canyon". So they put tolls in place, add a bunch of buses, restrict roadside parking and add a mobility hub at the gravel pit. As much as I try I don't see any connection between the worthless stickers and Phase 1, just more nonsense from the powers that be.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    UPD would patrol the lots, but they're too busy checking tires.
    Funny considering I pulled a UPD rig out of the Collins base area (trying to drive up the mtn?!) at midnight a couple nights ago.
    He was going to investigate a flashing light on corkscrew.
    It was a snowgun.

Wow

Funny considering I pulled a UPD rig out of the Collins base area (trying to drive up the mtn?!) at midnight a couple nights ago.
    He was going to investigate a flashing light on corkscrew.
    It was a snowgun.
    Back when Sgt. Slaughter, (yes, that was his name) was running the unit it was pretty solid. Apparently less so now.

He wasn't pleased when I yelled "hey you can't park there" out my window.

Name:	IMG_4977.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	475099

Was he on drugs hahaha?

No seriously, was he on drugs? WTF
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

A decade ago UPD came to the conclusion that canyon patrol was too cushy of an assignment. So they decided to limit the amount of time their officers could be assigned to canyon patrol, I think 2 years is the max. So now instead of having offices that know the canyons, they have a revolving door of canyon rookies.

He wasn't pleased when I yelled "hey you can't park there" out my window.

Name:	IMG_4977.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	526.6 KB 
ID:	475099
    Gotta love the all the previous tries on the driver's side, like three?
    Ain't no quitter, that fella...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

"it was my last try, too!"
    -"You better not try again after we tug you out"

He didn't like that comment much, either.