Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Faster uphill capacity = more downhill schralping.

Winter tires going on tomorrow.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Maybe? My experience with lifts upgraded to a six-pack is that things are gang-banged into chunder that much faster. I expect the same with the new MHX6x
    The best skiing and snow is on that side anyway, gets us all over to Cascade that much faster! Boo ya.

Has this been posted already? Just saw this on the MTbachelor.com website.

It now sounds like someone does actually care when you hike the Cone. Fricking lawyers and their liability insurance. Next they will require some type of red flashing light to be worn on the top of our helmets when ascending.

https://www.mtbachelor.com/the-mount...n/uphill-trave

NEW THIS SEASON: FREE UPHILL PASS REQUIRED
    Where to Begin: Secure your free Uphill Pass & Armband from Guest Services by agreeing to our Uphill Policy and signing the Winter Express Assumption of Risk form.

Uphill Pass Rules:

1. All uphill travelers are required to have a 2023-2024 Uphill Pass and to sign a 2023-2024 Winter Express Assumption of Risk form before accessing open and designated uphill travel routes at Mt. Bachelor.

2. Armbands must be worn by all uphill travelers at all times when utilizing uphill travel routes on resort property, during both operating and non-operating hours. Please make sure that your armband is visible at all times.

3. A signature of an Express Assumption of Risk form by a parent or legal guardian is required for minor children ages 17 and under.

4. The 2023-2024 Uphill Pass + Armband DOES NOT provide lift access either up or down the mountain.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20231110_135710_Samsung Internet.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	434.5 KB 
ID:	475706
    There's hope.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post

It now sounds like someone does actually care when you hike the Cone. Fricking lawyers and their liability insurance. Next they will require some type of red flashing light to be worn on the top of our helmets when ascending.

Linky no worky

Time for sacrifices to the snow gods
    Name:  4C1928F1-AE35-4775-9433-E60A811B1CC4.jpeg
Views: 715
Size:  38.3 KB

I may be in the minority about this, but...if MHM is looking to Bachelor as a model of better lift line management...Meadows must be very very very bad.

The way Bachelor manages Pine Martin is a total joke. When the crowd builds, they expend a lot of effort to place people in groups of 4. Then they send these groups in around a tight, narrow 180 degree turn and directly into the electronic gates. Rounding the 180 usually breaks many groups up and the gates finish the job of recreating chaos in the lift line. This after spending a lot of energy to organize groups of 4 people before sending them though the chaos. They would do better with a singles line leading up to the loading area. Then the lift operator just fills chairs by pulling singles in to fill empty seats. I have seen many ski area successfully use just this kind of system without having to have several employees labor so ineffectually... for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    They would do better with a singles line leading up to the loading area.
    I laughed.

It must be that time of the season with the regulars all coming out of the woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    The best skiing and snow is on that side anyway, gets us all over to Cascade that much faster! Boo ya.
    Uh huh, the truth!

Has anyone bought Ikon and/or Epic?
    I got both this seaon... hope to break even at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Time for sacrifices to the snow gods
    Name:  4C1928F1-AE35-4775-9433-E60A811B1CC4.jpeg
Views: 715
Size:  38.3 KB
    time for some new material bro

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    time for some new material bro

I don't see you contributing any bro... how about some nakkid pics of your gf?
    (posted for nostalgia - the way this place used to be

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    I may be in the minority about this, but...if MHM is looking to Bachelor as a model of better lift line management...Meadows must be very very very bad.

The way Bachelor manages Pine Martin is a total joke. When the crowd builds, they expend a lot of effort to place people in groups of 4. Then they send these groups in around a tight, narrow 180 degree turn and directly into the electronic gates. Rounding the 180 usually breaks many groups up and the gates finish the job of recreating chaos in the lift line. This after spending a lot of energy to organize groups of 4 people before sending them though the chaos. They would do better with a singles line leading up to the loading area. Then the lift operator just fills chairs by pulling singles in to fill empty seats. I have seen many ski area successfully use just this kind of system without having to have several employees labor so ineffectually... for nothing.
    Yeah I ranted about this a page or two back.

IMVHO, they need to move the Pine maze lanes about 100 yards closer to the lodge, so that you make one 90* turn before the ticket reader. And allow entrance from skiers left, like if you’re arriving from under Red.

You know, like OBX, NWX, & CCX, (& new Sky6?)

But that would require dirt work (and maybe some stairs) to level out the base area.

And while I’m at it, anybody know who thought it was a good idea to climb a ramp after the ticket reader at Summit? I have a hard time believing there was that much more snow 40 years ago.

le tits now ....

Name:	1000_F_186647110_N6qwFeMpVgBnx2D6gNT5HEMVOXXPLzGZ.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	475780
    Last edited by romeo tango; 11-11-2023 at 12:58 AM. Reason: le tits now
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

^^^lame

Can we get some stoke going on this thread? It ain't much, but there is snow to ski.

Name:	PXL_20231110_164213387.jpg 
Size:	627.7 KB 
ID:	475786

Name:	Polish_20231111_151234722.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	784.4 KB 
ID:	475849

Name:	Polish_20231110_151051615.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	475850
    Only $12.00 @ #local resort.
    yepper

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Can we get some stoke going on this thread? It ain't much, but there is snow to ski.

Name:	PXL_20231110_164213387.jpg 
Size:	627.7 KB 
ID:	475786
    Skiing, huh? I member.

Funny, I think they’re typically rather gracious about non-paying guests using the facilities. The forest is public, so shutting down access would be frowned upon in the lease, but often Pine Marten lodge will have more non-paying guests as paying guests, and no one seems to be bothered.

New CEO is from Copper and they have had the arm band system for uphill traffic for many years. At least the last 15. Considering the number of frivolous lawsuits currently in litigation against the ski area, it’s not surprising. Hopefully it won’t prove to be too huge of an inconvenience. I guess there are a few other options in the surrounding forests for hiking without an arm band? But, then you would have to mitigate or assume the risks on your own.

My understanding of the mazes is that they’re often not ideal, but they’re constructed to be consistent at a wide range of snow conditions. Base snow can vary by more 60 inches so you think of all the ways you can try and make up 5 feet of elevation difference. Mostly by pushing the snow around, but low tide gives fewer options.

I will say that Op’s takes it seriously and would in all likelihood take constructive criticism. Send me a PM and I’d be happy to find the email address of someone you could contact.

I was in town for a docs appointment this AM & stopped by their office to get an armband. Better now than the morning of a dump.

This may come as a shock, but the implementation of this uphill program is a still work in progress.

Details as available:
    No one cares if you hike the cone before official opening
    No need for another waiver if you have a season pass
    Get an armband at the WV ticket office once they open
    Enforcement will be lax early in the season. I don’t trust this statement

They didn’t know whether the pass was good for a day or the season. But a lightbulb appeared over their heads when I asked how dawn patrols would be managed if it was for only that day.

They also didn’t know whether the armbands had RFID or Recco tags on them for body recovery (yeahhh, I was fucking with them by this point)

I definitely get the need for people not using the lifts to sign a waiver. Just seems like a lot of unnecessary fucking around for people with season passes to take a morning cone lap.

I was in town for a docs appointment this AM & stopped by their office to get an armband. Better now than the morning of a dump.

This may come as a shock, but the implementation of this uphill program is a still work in progress.

Details as available:
    No one cares if you hike the cone before official opening
    No need for another waiver if you have a season pass
    Get an armband at the WV ticket office once they open
    Enforcement will be lax early in the season. I don’t trust this statement

They didn’t know whether the pass was good for a day or the season. But a lightbulb appeared over their heads when I asked how dawn patrols would be managed if it was for only that day.

They also didn’t know whether the armbands had RFID or Recco tags on them for body recovery (yeahhh, I was fucking with them by this point)

I definitely get the need for people not using the lifts to sign a waiver. Just seems like a lot of unnecessary fucking around for people with season passes to take a morning cone lap.
    I've been working out, I'm concerned about the armband size. Is it one size fits all? Or is their an XL version for my gunz?

You know there's going to be some 'troller who is going to want to assert their authoritay on the uphill crowd. Some poor touron who doesn't know the rules is going to be made an example of. Viral on TikTok will ensue.

Paul blart mall cop is gonna come out of the woodwork to tell you that you can’t be going uphill when you know you can! Adjust tactics, start somewhere they can’t see you. Keep calm and carry on.

The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    Name:  Snap33.png
Views: 414
Size:  498.0 KB

I've been working out, I'm concerned about the armband size. Is it one size fits all? Or is their an XL version for my gunz?

You know there's going to be some 'troller who is going to want to assert their authoritay on the uphill crowd. Some poor touron who doesn't know the rules is going to be made an example of. Viral on TikTok will ensue.
    Just ask for the “Napoleon Dynamite” armband size.

I doubt patrol is gonna harass o’dark30 cone crews. They have more important things to accomplish in the early AM. More likely they focus on West Ridge hikers.

Just ask for the “Napoleon Dynamite” armband size.

I doubt patrol is gonna harass o’dark30 cone crews. They have more important things to accomplish in the early AM. More likely they focus on West Ridge hikers.
    They will be catching Z's while the Cone is assaulted from the ramparts.