Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Whistler 23-24

I am not a financial wizard or overly literate when it comes to complex corporate shell games...but reads like Sr. Aquilini's basically are calling the loans from the combined Aqualini/Gaglardi group. Yeah, they were certainly in debt, but is this just elbowing one family out?

Don't want to jinx it for you guys but it looks like Santa might have a treat for you coming...

fingers crossed - time to turn on the taps!!

!ANTIJINX!

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    I am not a financial wizard or overly literate when it comes to complex corporate shell games...but reads like Sr. Aquilini's basically are calling the loans from the combined Aqualini/Gaglardi group. Yeah, they were certainly in debt, but is this just elbowing one family out?
    It's hard to tell as we don't know who we're the partners in GAS. I suspect you're right

There's this https://documentcentre.ey.com/#/detail-engmt?eid=548

But the important stuff (appended agreements which expose the partnership structure) are missing.

We don't even know what assets GAS has to unload.

another friend in the development industry says definitely power play, lol. with the reduced village/development size I wonder if they're just eyeing up all of the reduced pie instead of sharing?

Someone over at GFS on the crack pipe this am? Or hacking my dreams? Thats 6cm an hour for 3 days or something lol. This can't be a jinx cos it can't be real
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-12-20 at 10.01.21 AM.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	480167

someone got into the Christmas spirits a bit early over at GFS! GEPS 16 day is also aggressive, but....yeah, not that aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Someone over at GFS on the crack pipe this am? Or hacking my dreams? Thats 6cm an hour for 3 days or something lol. This can't be a jinx cos it can't be real

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-12-20 at 10.01.21 AM.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	227.7 KB 
ID:	480167
    You will tell your grandchildren about that one year where things started slower than ever, and then Ullr blessed all with a gift never seen before, and never seen since.... "an impossible amount of snow," you will say.

Just keep that freezing level down.

another friend in the development industry says definitely power play, lol. with the reduced village/development size I wonder if they're just eyeing up all of the reduced pie instead of sharing?
    In the end I just want them to build some lifts and open. Yeah global warming, low elevation, too close to the ocean, real estate cash grab, and all that. But I just want another place for Seattle and Vancouver to ski so at least some of them stop coming here.

A new ski area that's for skiing and not a real estate cash grab? What are you, some kinda commie?

God, it would be great if skiing returned to that ethic, but that certainly hasn't seemed to be the trend.

Anything forecast by the GFS beyond 3 days is a pipe dream. Until it shows up on the NAM I don't believe it.

(Fingers crossed though)

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    In the end I just want them to build some lifts and open. Yeah global warming, low elevation, too close to the ocean, real estate cash grab, and all that. But I just want another place for Seattle and Vancouver to ski so at least some of them stop coming here.
    and as a dad of a young child I want a Sea to Sky Cypress/Seymour where we can go night skiing and hack around withough being subject to the insanity of WB all the time. There's so much pent up demand that's so limited by the Vail model, we need something else in the corridor. WB will always be the pinnacle, not sure why they're so focused on protecting a single monopoly in this corridor yet also complaining about how its too busy all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    There was talk of a ski hill in Chilliwack. Mount Cheam is 2,100m. It's part of the North Cascades and there's several peaks and ridges over 2,000m.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Whistler 23-24

recommended on my YT, i guess the algorithm is trying to make me feel good about our own shitfuck conditions?

hope you all catch a break and it snows soon.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    There was talk of a ski hill in Chilliwack. Mount Cheam is 2,100m. It's part of the North Cascades and there's several peaks and ridges over 2,000m.
    I've hiked and biked around Cheam a fair bit. The N faces are couloirs. The skiable stuff is SE and S facing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I've hiked and biked around Cheam a fair bit. The N faces are couloirs. The skiable stuff is SE and S facing.
    and it's not supported by FN, so non starter. Spuzzum FN is pushing the South Anderson (Coquihalla) project again after nearly 20 year hiatus...at least they get lots of snow up there! haha

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    recommended on my YT, i guess the algorithm is trying to make me feel good about our own shitfuck conditions?

hope you all catch a break and it snows soon.
    This guy is always so positive too, so when he says conditions aren't good, they're bad.

It'll come. Patience. It's still early!

and it's not supported by FN, so non starter. Spuzzum FN is pushing the South Anderson (Coquihalla) project again after nearly 20 year hiatus...at least they get lots of snow up there! haha
    Their backer BS'ed that they had signoff by Cheam FN. That was, of course, complete horsetripe

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Patience. It's still early!

We are at average late October conditions. November conditions are usually better than what we have now. 2 months behind, it’s March in 10 weeks for fucks sake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by KevLar View Post
    9-10 feet of snow coming next week in alpine, but lower ski outs will get rinsed
    What kinda feet are ya talking about, not gonna be 9-10 feet of yankee imperial measurements. Lucky to get 9-10cms

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    We are at average late October conditions. November conditions are usually better than what we have now. 2 months behind, it’s March in 10 weeks for fucks sake.

This is true, but over the years I've found that unfettered optimism enhances life more than bitching and moaning, especially about weather. When everyone knows times are dark, be the person to bring light.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    …..everyone knows times are dark, be the person to bring light.
    Dec 22 today and cloudy-literally the darkest day of the year.

Peeps will be able to find snow next week, maybe that’ll brighten the mood, the bottom half of the mountain is gonna get washed away, mandatory download during the holidays gonna be gnarly.

Name:	Image1703264271.458532.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	481.4 KB 
ID:	480322

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    mandatory download during the holidays gonna be gnarly.
    Thank God Fitz is running.