Check Out Our Shop
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    But will there be a Forza 4.0? That's what we really want to know.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GettyImages-1195887867.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	478596

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    The Pivot death pinch is part of their charm! Hmm. Wondering how this will affect OG pivot prices. Or maybe they're just resurrecting the new and improved Pivot from the early 2000s.
    Sent fra min LE2123 via Tapatalk
    That thing was an abomination. It went out of forward pressure adjustment almost as fast as the Salomon Shift. Bonus feature was the demo binding heels leaving the track at any speed when you loaded the ski up. Oh, and brakes falling off until they pinned them which meant changing them for different widths was not possible. Not a fan.

I haven't seen the new one yet, just boot pictures so can't tell you what's going on.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

One would hope they manage to improve the heel mount to something not stupidly trapezoid, which is probably the most annoying thing about them.

Expand on that? Remember the heel pattern has been around since the late 80s? Around that time when Tyrolia had a rectangle hole pattern metal plate that you slid the heel piece on. It was common for some brands of skis to split longitudinally between the screws so maybe the trapezoid pattern makes sense?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    Expand on that? Remember the heel pattern has been around since the late 80s? Around that time when Tyrolia had a rectangle hole pattern metal plate that you slid the heel piece on. It was common for some brands of skis to split longitudinally between the screws so maybe the trapezoid pattern makes sense?
    Yeah, thought about that after posting. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    That thing was an abomination. It went out of forward pressure adjustment almost as fast as the Salomon Shift. Bonus feature was the demo binding heels leaving the track at any speed when you loaded the ski up. Oh, and brakes falling off until they pinned them which meant changing them for different widths was not possible. Not a fan.

I haven't seen the new one yet, just boot pictures so can't tell you what's going on.
    I do still have a pair of Pivot 14s. They're high as fucking kites on the skis, but I reckon my dad, who skis obscenely low dins for his height and weight just likes them.

One would hope they manage to improve the heel mount to something not stupidly trapezoid, which is probably the most annoying thing about them.

what's your gripe with the heel mount? really hoping any changes are backwards compatible. it'd be sweet if you could just buy new turntable/brake assemblies and have it work with the current heel piece, but i'm not sure what exactly is changing and how. not really concerned about a metal insert in the pole indent or getting my hand clamped in the heel. you don't make that mistake twice!

Quote Originally Posted by justo8484 View Post
    what's your gripe with the heel mount? really hoping any changes are backwards compatible. it'd be sweet if you could just buy new turntable/brake assemblies and have it work with the current heel piece, but i'm not sure what exactly is changing and how. not really concerned about a metal insert in the pole indent or getting my hand clamped in the heel. you don't make that mistake twice!
    The two front screws are really close, but after wax made his point on why they're not in a square or rectangle, I'm seeing the error in my thinking. Metal pole punch point sounds like an improvement, though.

Metal pole punch would be wonderful and more adjustability would be even more better. Fingers crossed they don't change the mounting pattern

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Metal pole punch would be wonderful and more adjustability would be even more better. Fingers crossed they don't change the mounting pattern
    This plus backwards compatibility with baseplates would be good with me. Mostly because I'm a hoarder.

Name:	IMG_9110.JPG 
Views:	220 
Size:	778.5 KB 
ID:	481512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9111.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	820.3 KB 
ID:	481513

Via out of bounds today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You forgot the one that shows the revised adjuster

Name:  A3DB7875-6913-4BE7-B712-AA464DEA0F07.jpeg
Views: 1772
Size:  142.4 KB

Looks like it has the option of using a Pozi or a hex.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    You forgot the one that shows the revised adjuster

Name:  A3DB7875-6913-4BE7-B712-AA464DEA0F07.jpeg
Views: 1772
Size:  142.4 KB

Looks like it has the option of using a Pozi or a hex.
    That's one big ass hex, though.

Pivot 2.0 more like pivot 1.2

Small incremental changes which make an overall better product but fundamentally the same thing. “Classic pivot” product line still available.

Shift 2.0 same thing

Small incremental changes make sense for both those bindings. Don't change what ain't broke with the pivot.

I'll be curious to see Shift 2.0. The OG Shift was an amazing concept that has a few small failures that made it the bane of my existence as a retailer who focuses on AT gear.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Pivot 2.0 more like pivot 1.2

Small incremental changes which make an overall better product but fundamentally the same thing. “Classic pivot” product line still available.

Shift 2.0 same thing
    Have you seen a full list of changes?

That's one big ass hex, though.

Looks like it's probably the same as what was used for the PX (and maybe SPX? don't own any...). It was either an 8mm or 10mm hex.

From SkiMonster Insta:

Name:	Image1704416569.529395.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	587.9 KB 
ID:	481613
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by justo8484 View Post
    Looks like it's probably the same as what was used for the PX (and maybe SPX? don't own any...). It was either an 8mm or 10mm hex.
    I remember the px18 used to have some sort of large hex din adjustment, now that you mention it.

8mm hex iirc. Looks the same as some Axial2s I had in the past. The adjustment was so busted by the time I got rid of them, only the hex would work.

Name:	AD0gjld.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	452.4 KB 
ID:	481660

Hey, I appreciate the new dildo design to accompany this "new" screw. And I love that that's the only upgrade to the pivot. Love it. A bigger, better dildo with a better screw? What's not to like?

Yup, tried a pozi to adjust DIN once on PXs when they first came out and that was enough. So much easier with a nice 8mm hex.

I’m not sure if PX mechanism is similar, but Pivot DIN is waaay easier to adjust with the dildo fully upright.

Quote Originally Posted by gwat View Post
    I’m not sure if PX mechanism is similar, but Pivot DIN is waaay easier to adjust with the dildo fully upright.
    Absolutely the same. I think all bindings I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of tuning/using are easier to fiddle with when "engaged".

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Have you seen a full list of changes?
    Yeah, there are quite a few including the "pug cup".
    Click. Point. Chute.

because skiing is fun!