Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    Ahh memories. I spent 6 winters driving those shuttles, first for a Chalet company then for a transfer company.

Now I hide in a partrol shack in Megeve...waiting for my 3 course lunch
    which reminds me--those of you who hire guides--buy them lunch.
    One day at Courmayeur the guides arranged a lunch with 3 different pastas--memorable.

hah someone revived my thread. I still haven't skied in Cham. Maybe one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    hah someone revived my thread. I still haven't skied in Cham. Maybe one day...
    If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do.

Getting ready for my trip to Cham. Looks like I better pack some board shorts. Faccck.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    Getting ready for my trip to Cham. Looks like I better pack some board shorts. Faccck.
    Midi everyday. You'll be fine. Of all the things that make Cham challenging, warm, high pressure isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Midi everyday. You'll be fine. Of all the things that make Cham challenging, warm, high pressure isn't one.
    It's the refrozen nightmare shit that'll getchya.

Anybody going in April want to meet up? I have experience touring all over the place, Avy Pro 1, taken AMGA Alpine Guides Course, experience on glaciers and with ropework etc. I also speak some french.

Anybody who isn't there but can tell me how I can best find a partner to ski or climb with while I'm in town?

Hang out drinking at Elevation 1904 on a sunny afternoon, you’ll quickly meet people (assuming you have social skills) who just came down from a tour.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.B.C. View Post
    Anybody going in April want to meet up? I have experience touring all over the place, Avy Pro 1, taken AMGA Alpine Guides Course, experience on glaciers and with ropework etc. I also speak some french.

Anybody who isn't there but can tell me how I can best find a partner to ski or climb with while I'm in town?
    I’ll be free April 3rd after my ski partner flies out a day early.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.B.C. View Post

If you make it over to Verbier I’ll be around during that period doing high altitude stuff as training for the PdG. If you’re a strong skier it’s the perfect time for skiing the Bec des Rosses

We wrapped up 4 days being guided with Ross Hewitt which was amazing. When I sought him out, I wasn’t really aware how deep his resume was for extreme skiing in Chamonix and globally. Weather prevented us from getting on some of the more classic lines, but we got to ski Milieu Glacier in Argenterie Glacier and Annibal Coulior off of Mont Vélan. He was very aware of the avy and weather conditions. Almost everyday we had to pivot to a plan b because of it. I’d highly recommended if you like to work for your turns and tick off some classics (if conditions allow).

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by abcdethan View Post
    We wrapped up 4 days being guided with Ross Hewitt which was amazing. When I sought him out, I wasn’t really aware how deep his resume was for extreme skiing in Chamonix and globally. Weather prevented us from getting on some of the more classic lines, but we got to ski Milieu Glacier in Argenterie Glacier and Annibal Coulior off of Mont Vélan. He was very aware of the avy and weather conditions. Almost everyday we had to pivot to a plan b because of it. I’d highly recommended if you like to work for your turns and tick off some classics (if conditions allow).

Very nice! I’d just sent my mates his story. I guess thats you?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8018.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	771.7 KB 
ID:	491494

We’ve been watching the Annibal for a while! Hoping for a window around Easter

Name:	IMG_6985.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	491495

Name:	IMG_6725.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	348.8 KB 
ID:	491496

Yeah, except he spelled my instagram tag wrong haha.

Name:	Image1711179604.070535.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	491498 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1711179625.374215.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	491499 Topping out of Annibal and mid-slope in the second dogleg with Ross.

Sick! I saw his stories and thought that was you/ a mag. Ross is the man!

Forecast looks pretty wintery for the next week in Chamonix. What are the recommendations for point forecasts or areas to ski tour in the region? I’m currently using meteo blue and Chamonix weather website, and SwissMeteo for cloud cover animations.

The Windy app is awesome and what I use while over in europe. You can see a few different models via a point forecast. Good visuals too. The free version gives you access to a decent amount of info but the paid upgrade is high value and not much $
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Forecast looks pretty wintery for the next week in Chamonix. What are the recommendations for point forecasts or areas to ski tour in the region? I’m currently using meteo blue and Chamonix weather website, and SwissMeteo for cloud cover
    https://chamonix-meteo.com/