Check Out Our Shop
Page 665 of 667 FirstFirst ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,625 of 16658

Thread: Ukraine

Logistics

Firepower

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    We must confront aggression against democracy and freedom. Not appease it. Voting to defund the Russian war machine is smart.

After all, Russia’s Foreign Ministry officially states that it is actively at war against the West - mainly the United States - by using its war against Ukraine to create a new global order dominated by Russia, China and Iran.

“Russia can create difficulties for the U.S. in many different regions of the world,” according to Russian academia, “This is about the Middle East, northeast Asia, the African continent and even Latin America.”

The plan: "Moscow stoke conflict between the United States and China over Taiwan to bring Russia and China closer together, as well as “to escalate the situation in the Middle East around Israel, Iran and Syria to distract the U.S. with the problems of this region.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...icy-us-weaken/
    This war is about resources and strategic goals, not ideology. The tie in for ideology, is ancillary, I mean its real, as russia and the west do represent different ideologies, but this war wasn't started for ideological reasons. Ukraine was not invaded because grrrr they're just too democratic and not corrupt and it just keeps putin up at night.

And this isn't defending putin. Calling him ideologically motivated is being generous. his ideology is more power for putin, but this war didn't get started because Ukraine had too much liberty. Like most wars its some form of unguarded wealth.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Ukrainian success at rooting out corruption and strengthening economic ties to the west and thus improving their standard of living would be a big blow to Putin. Furthermore, Putin's ability to remain in power is heavily dependent on his ability to provide new sources of wealth for his corrupt oligarchs to plunder.
    So yeah, they want the Ukrainian industry and resources so the rich can steal it through corrupt means.
    It is very much a battle between corrupt authoritarianism and transparent democracy, at least for your average Ukrainian. That's why they are fighting so hard. Which side are you on?
    sigless.

Right, Putin and his Kremlin cronies say over-and-over this war is about the Russian empire and their sphere of influence. Putin, for example, mentioned Poland something like fifty times during his interview with Tucker Carlson, while dismissing out of hand much of the disinfo common in the West.

Putin's obsession with Poland lies in large part with the fact abandoning Russian influence and Russian-like institutions enabled Poland to experience fast growth and prosperity. In 1991 Poland was 33 percent poorer per capita than Ukraine, now the country is nearly four times wealthier per capita. Putin doesn't want to see an independent Ukraine prosper in the same way. The Kremlin regime still thinks Eastern European countries should remain under Russian imperial influence.

Cope/slat armor? According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slat_armor it's unbelievable affective? Guess my question is for drone strike. Reduced the chance of trigger or offset detonation?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    This war is about resources and strategic goals, not ideology. The tie in for ideology, is ancillary, I mean its real, as russia and the west do represent different ideologies, but this war wasn't started for ideological reasons. Ukraine was not invaded because grrrr they're just too democratic and not corrupt and it just keeps putin up at night.

And this isn't defending putin. Calling him ideologically motivated is being generous. his ideology is more power for putin, but this war didn't get started because Ukraine had too much liberty. Like most wars its some form of unguarded wealth.
    True about resources. Donbas has a lot of coal.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Ukrainian success at rooting out corruption and strengthening economic ties to the west and thus improving their standard of living would be a big blow to Putin. Furthermore, Putin's ability to remain in power is heavily dependent on his ability to provide new sources of wealth for his corrupt oligarchs to plunder.
    So yeah, they want the Ukrainian industry and resources so the rich can steal it through corrupt means.
    It is very much a battle between corrupt authoritarianism and transparent democracy, at least for your average Ukrainian. That's why they are fighting so hard. Which side are you on?
    Ukraine is just as corrupt as Russia.

Russia wants to occupy Ukraine, and Ukraine wants to be free. This is what the war is about, not authoritarian vs democracy.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

If I had a dollar for every brain Rod & Leroy don't have, I'd have two dollars!

Supposedly the US ground launch small diameter guided bomb(GLSDB) retrofits are a dud. GPS jamming. That sucks,R&D.

The whole GLSDB project was rushed. Still a quasi-valuable learning experience about Russian EW capabilities. The Pentagon now realizes current GPS satellites aren't as effective as a system like Starlink.

Measure
    Counter Measure
    Counter Counter (coming up)

It could be as simple as the first GLSDB of a volley having a home-on-jam seeker head.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Ukraine

Ride the beam. Boom.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Does a drone beam the beam?

See the 53rd minute:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo

Sounds like there may be a number of different issues, among them another fine product from Chicago's sharpest MBAs that saves weight and cost by cutting redundancy. My phone can enhance GPS with inertial guidance FFS.

Maybe they just need to tell the software not to ignore a sensor. But it's gonna be a challenge if "try it 3 times and throw it to the side" means they don't get to do any more non-cooperative testing with the Russians.

Thanks, subscription added. Had no clue it existed.

This is wild. Operation Market Garden, led to 17,000 Allied deaths and left Berlin & Eastern Germany to fall to Russia. Montgomery’s plan wasn’t foolhardy, it was brilliant and would have ended the war months earlier, but it was betrayed by a British traitor & Soviet double agent Anthony Blunt (recruited by Stalin in the 1930s) at the heart of British military intelligence:

“thwarting Operation Market Garden was of strategic importance not just to the Nazis but to Russia too. Stalin had wanted D-Day to succeed because it would open up a second front in Europe…But if Market Garden was successful the Americans & British would arrive in Berlin first”

"At 3pm on September 17, just two hours after Allied paratrooper and glider landings had begun, two SS Panzer Divisions, the 9th and 10th, were sent immediately to engage the enemy at Arnhem and nearby Nijmegen, an order that is credited with playing a decisive role in securing the German victory. There is a strong case to be made that the speed of their deployment was as a result of the intelligence the Germans had received. "

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3...7e03a7203e45e6

“thwarting Operation Market Garden was of strategic importance not just to the Nazis but to Russia too. Stalin had wanted D-Day to succeed because it would open up a second front in Europe…But if Market Garden was successful the Americans & British would arrive in Berlin first”
    Russians would set up Allied troops to be killed by the Nazis in order to ensure Russian dominance of the continent? What? Who would have thought that Russia, the same motherfuckers who made a pact with Hitler to invade and split the occupation of Poland and Eastern Europe with the Nazis, and to leave Western Europe to be devoured by the Nazis, would fuck their Allies and the free world over again in order for Russia to have a larger slave population at the end of the war, even if they way to do it was by helping the Nazis, again, despite the Nazis having killed millions of Russians!?

On a related note, Russia wanted Denmark too, but Canada stopped them:

If you haven't watched Mark Felton, his work is outstanding and he is an internationally renowned professor of history who is capable of amazing wit and humor in his short, interesting, and outstandingly well researched youtube pieces.

In more current Russian fuckery, Putin vetoes a UN resolution reaffirming the Outer Space Treaty, which Russia is a party to, banning nukes in space... which they would only do if they were planning to break the treaty or already breaking it as US intelligence has exposed.
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/25/world...hnk/index.html

On Ukraine specifically, Perun has a new presentation on the US aid package impact released today.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

That is pretty wild. I just watched the Band of Brothers episode about Operation Market Garden, gives some context for the harm caused by this betrayal.

This is wild. Operation Market Garden, led to 17,000 Allied deaths and left Berlin & Eastern Germany to fall to Russia. Montgomery’s plan wasn’t foolhardy, it was brilliant and would have ended the war months earlier, but it was betrayed by a British traitor & Soviet double agent Anthony Blunt (recruited by Stalin in the 1930s) at the heart of British military intelligence:

"At 3pm on September 17, just two hours after Allied paratrooper and glider landings had begun, two SS Panzer Divisions, the 9th and 10th, were sent immediately to engage the enemy at Arnhem and nearby Nijmegen, an order that is credited with playing a decisive role in securing the German victory. There is a strong case to be made that the speed of their deployment was as a result of the intelligence the Germans had received. "

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/3...7e03a7203e45e6
    The casualties are of course higher than just that attributed directly to Operation Market Garden. The Germans reduced food shipments to the occupied Netherlands as retribution, resulting in at least 20k additional civilian deaths from starvation. Plus it set the stage for further allied losses at the Battle of the Bulge and elsewhere. I hope Anthony Blunt is to this day still taking the blunt end of a flaming pineapple up his backside in Hell.

Yeah yeah. Heritage foundation
    But math is maff

$1,300 is a season pass. Fuck those warmongering asshats.

======

The $95 billion foreign aid package adopted Saturday by the House and facing near-certain passage in the Senate includes an additional $61 billion for Ukraine. Once added to the money already appropriated for Ukraine since 2022, the United States will have spent approximately $173 billion.

That translates to more than $1,300 per American household, according to Heritage Foundation economist Richard Stern
    I’ve just decided to be a middle aged somewhat depressed somewhat anxious fucktard until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    The Germans reduced food shipments to the occupied Netherlands as retribution, resulting in at least 20k additional civilian deaths from starvation.
    About twenty years ago, I was pointman on a data-sharing agreement between OHSU and some Brit University (I don't fuckin' remember which one- maybe Bristol?) regarding the transfer of a veritable mountain of personal data gathered in Amsterdam during this "starvation period". These data came from persons conceived, born, and/or lived post-partum during this time (i.e., a time of severe caloric restriction), and included all manner of medical records up until the 1990s. The goal was, in part, to correlate nutrient deficiency of the very, very young with teen/adult-onset medical derangement and administered treatments, if any.

Damn! I had forgotten this.
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

It's ok to forget things. I do it all the time :shrug:

Ive forgotten all the the things I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    About twenty years ago, I was pointman on a data-sharing agreement between OHSU and some Brit University (I don't fuckin' remember which one- maybe Bristol?) regarding the transfer of a veritable mountain of personal data gathered in Amsterdam during this "starvation period". These data came from persons conceived, born, and/or lived post-partum during this time (i.e., a time of severe caloric restriction), and included all manner of medical records up until the 1990s. The goal was, in part, to correlate nutrient deficiency of the very, very young with teen/adult-onset medical derangement and administered treatments, if any.

Damn! I had forgotten this.
    I remember hearing about a number of starvation studies on a podcast and one of the craziest things was the impact of starvation on the next generation that didn’t even directly experience it.

This appears too recent to be what I remember but similar. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-023-37119-8

Crazy