Check Out Our Shop
Page 664 of 667 FirstFirst ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,600 of 16660

Thread: Ukraine

"the can"

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Ukraine didn't rape-attack Russia like Palestine Iran attacked Israel on October 7 2023.

Maybe that's why things aren't the same,
    Illiteracy isn't immoral or anything. But if you wanted to understand what you responded to you'd have to let it go and try reading for understanding.

Nothing in what I said requires that you or I think they're "the same." It just requires admitting that people can disagree with you about one thing and not everything. The basic foundation of narcissism is actually wrong. Sorry about that.

Some allegedly-wise man once suggested that getting to know your enemy was a good idea. Obviously that's not for everyone, but if you ever try it, maybe start with the assumption that you and they actually disagree about what unmitigated villains they are. Start small.

Would be nice if there were more support and many months ago, but far better than nothing.

After all the delay, I feel it's a trap somehow.

Good article on the apparent S-200 surface to air missile situation.

https://kyivindependent.com/ukraines...ssian-targets/

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Illiteracy isn't immoral or anything. But if you wanted to understand what you responded to you'd have to let it go and try reading for understanding.

Bro I'll be happy to school your presumptuous ass on the subject any time.

The package is just incredibly important.

I'd say in order of importance:
    1. Ukraine aid
    2. Pacific Island aid
    3. US munitions investment
    4. Israel/Gaza aid

I'd also be in favor of literally doubling the numbers.

Fuck I'd double Ukraine, triple the Pacific Island aid, and quadruple the munitions, because that is how you deter and avoid the next war.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Voting to take the Russian money frozen in us banks was dumb.
    A clear signal to other countries not to leave money in the us.

Even the EU recognizes this, and European banks won't do it anyway because they are version that Russia will sue and win.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

I'll agree with rod on this. Any country planning to go invade another shouldn't bank thier rubles in the US or at least factor in the loss of funds.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

We must confront aggression against democracy and freedom. Not appease it. Voting to defund the Russian war machine is smart.

After all, Russia’s Foreign Ministry officially states that it is actively at war against the West - mainly the United States - by using its war against Ukraine to create a new global order dominated by Russia, China and Iran.

“Russia can create difficulties for the U.S. in many different regions of the world,” according to Russian academia, “This is about the Middle East, northeast Asia, the African continent and even Latin America.”

The plan: "Moscow stoke conflict between the United States and China over Taiwan to bring Russia and China closer together, as well as “to escalate the situation in the Middle East around Israel, Iran and Syria to distract the U.S. with the problems of this region.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...icy-us-weaken/

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    We must confront aggression against democracy and freedom. Not appease it. Voting to defund the Russian war machine is smart.
    How do you defund it?

The money is not accessible to Russia.

Further strengthening sanctions and further strengthening Ukraine is on net defunding Russia's war machine.

Well then what good is it doing sitting around, put er to some fucking good use Rod.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Russia says Ukraine will end like "Viet Nam" for the US.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...le-2024-04-21/

Ha.

In VN, the Communist North invaded the South, not totally unlike Russia invading Ukraine, but VN was more of a civil war.

The US fought Russian backed North VN.

But now, the Russians are fighting US backed Ukraine.

It is Russia, not the US, drafting soldiers to go die.

It is the US setting up SAMs to shoot down Russian planes.

The US won't face a VN style embarrassment. Russia will.

Fuck Putin.

That’s hilarious. Maybe someone should let Vladdy know that most Americans have completely forgotten about Ukraine at this point, especially after the Middle East stuff started up.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Russia says Ukraine will end like "Viet Nam" for the US.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...le-2024-04-21/

Ha.

In VN, the Communist North invaded the South, not totally unlike Russia invading Ukraine, but VN was more of a civil war.

The US fought Russian backed North VN.

But now, the Russians are fighting US backed Ukraine.

It is Russia, not the US, drafting soldiers to go die.

It is the US setting up SAMs to shoot down Russian planes.

The US won't face a VN style embarrassment. Russia will.

Fuck Putin.

9.8/10 from the American judge: no "endless wars" reference in the compulsory explicit segment

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I'll agree with rod on this. Any country planning to go invade another shouldn't bank thier rubles in the US or at least factor in the loss of funds.

While I may deplore the shock to the international banking community, I can easily understand that they fork over their customer's yang under duress in this instance, and only with due process of national banking law. It took an act of Congress to do this. Faith and credit = full. Dollar stay hard as rock. Ruble like waif in underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    How do you defund it?

The money is not accessible to Russia.

OK it's, like, PootyPoot had these funds raped/filched/extorted from generations of Russians laying around gaining interest or funding one Smirnov or another, and now he doesn't and he never will.

See how that works? De-funding.

Class dismissed. Enjoy your tot.

Right, i get this, but this was done 2 years ago, so taking the money now doesn't change anything. The money would have been frozen too the end of the war anyway

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    While I may deplore the shock to the international banking community, I can easily understand that they fork over their customer's yang under duress in this instance, and only with due process of national banking law. It took an act of Congress to do this. Faith and credit = full. Dollar stay hard as rock. Ruble like waif in underwear.
    It's not the shock to banks that matters, it's that many countries will not keep reserves in the US or Europe. And you can see this already, they are buying gold instead of treasuries

Right, i get this, but this was done 2 years ago, so taking the money now doesn't change anything. The money would have been frozen too the end of the war anyway

Well now it's going to work for Ukraine, isn't it?

It's not the shock to banks that matters, it's that many countries will not keep reserves in the US or Europe. And you can see this already, they are buying gold instead of treasuries

Actually rod, they are buying jet fighters, not gold.

And they are not buying them from Russia.

More money lost to the Russian economy….

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/s...e-naval-vessel

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ivan gets to suck down some ATACMS

as long as they want to sell or buy from the US & Europe they are exposed to those currencies. At the end of the day Russia has nothing China wants but resources, as raw as Russia will give them (see Potanin refining Nickel in China now), and Russia will never be a major market for Chinese exports en masse because Russia is a poor geriatric shithole

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    as long as they want to sell or buy from the US & Europe they are exposed to those currencies. At the end of the day Russia has nothing China wants but resources, as raw as Russia will give them (see Potanin refining Nickel in China now), and Russia will never be a major market for Chinese exports en masse because Russia is a poor geriatric shithole
    It is true, but a country that sells to the us, of course gets Dollars. But then it has a choice, either buys us government bonds, or buys gold.

China is a prime example. Their purchases of treasuries is down, while the buying of gold is up.

Rod making the case for onshoring American manufacturing. Not sure that's a winning Pro-Russia argument, but whatevs.

In other news, a report busting Russian talking points on sanctions:
    - "Russian economy doing well". Nope
    - "Russia not feeling any pain from sanctions". There's pain
    - "Russia has good alternatives". Not really
    - "Sanctions are very costly for the West". lol, mostly for Gazprom bag holders
    - "We should provide weapons, not sanctions". Both are quite effective

https://freepolicybriefs.org/2024/03...a-war-ukraine/