Check Out Our Shop
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    I heat them at home; oven to 200. 10 minutes in the oven. Pop them out. Reassemble boot and step in for 10-20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fantastic - thank you! Maybe a dumb question, but do you put them on anything in the over or just right on the rack? Does it matter if plastic or fabric side are on the rack?

I do plastic down; they “unfold” a bit when warm. Set on the rack or a cookie sheet. Doesn’t matter.

Of note I find the liners pack out a bit after 100 or so days. Buying a new (greater volume) tongue makes them fit snug again.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any have any experience with the XTD liner in a Zero G Pro Tour?
    How do the liners walk in general?

On average how much does a 26.5 liner weigh?

Looking for some input here. Have about 30 days on my liners in my Redster CS, is this normal wear? User error? I put on and lace up my liners then step into the shells

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Try taping with duck tape the inside of the shells along the back spine anywhere it's not smooth? Like where the bolt heads are and any sharp transitions between pieces of plastic. Cutting rounded corners on the piece of tape will help it from peeling off too quickly as well.

Or you can get one of these
    https://www.zipfit.com/shop/accessories/ski-boot-horn

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Stick some tenacious tape over the heels of the liners themselves too to prevent further wear.

Is there a reason you step into your boots with your liners on? It looks like the wear and damage to your liner is being caused by that maneuver. The CS is not wc narrow and you should be able to put them on the old fashioned way

Looks like he's got laces on the liners. Hard to step into laced liners when the liners are already in the boot

This is what I use: 3M PTFE Film Electrical Tape 60, 1.5" Width x 36yd Length (1 roll), Translucent https://a.co/d/ezug523

No idea what happened to the price (I paid $15), but I'm sure you can find it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    On average how much does a 26.5 liner weigh?
    Mine weigh 533 grams per liner, no footbed - heavier than "average" since I put in 28.5 worth of PU foam, not the normal 26.5.

Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    Looking for some input here. Have about 30 days on my liners in my Redster CS, is this normal wear? User error? I put on and lace up my liners then step into the shells
    What the other people say; if you want to lace up then step in/out, you'll scrape the Strobl soles at the heel every time, eventually they'll get trashed. Some sort of PTFE or Kevlar tape over the heels works to prevent it. Happens with Zipfit too.

My CS Pro liners have twice as many days and they look new but I leave them in the boots. In the past, I laced then slid into the shell to get improved heel retention / less movement between sock and liner, but I get zero movement with the Pro liners anyway so I stopped using laces. Redster CS has plenty of room over the instep and getting in is no worse than average.

Thanks all. I'll try again to step in with them in the boots now that they're broken in. Earlier in the season I couldn't get my heel past the foam section around my ankles/achilles with the liner in the shell. I had duct tape on the back of the spine but it came off after 10 days or so and just made a mess. I'll check out the tape options above, love the boots and liners so want them to last as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra_cement View Post
    Try taping with duck tape the inside of the shells along the back spine anywhere it's not smooth? Like where the bolt heads are and any sharp transitions between pieces of plastic. Cutting rounded corners on the piece of tape will help it from peeling off too quickly as well.

Or you can get one of these
    https://www.zipfit.com/shop/accessories/ski-boot-horn

that looks interesting and might be worth a try for $12

Quote Originally Posted by oetk2 View Post
    that looks interesting and might be worth a try for $12
    Alpine Boot Horn definitely helps lessen friction going in; I use it all the time in the shop. Not going out, though.