Check Out Our Shop
Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3002
    Welp the padded seats still appear to be hanging:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	396486530_636736938629763_694266783063947753_n.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	474078

Quote Originally Posted by Stairmaster View Post
    I heard a rumor that Chair 2 will not be running this season. Mainly due to the new footers being built and the cable having to be dropped.

Please tell me this a dumb rumor

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    They just posted a photo on FB of a snowy Chair 2 with chairs on it. It seems highly unlikely that they’d be building new footers or dropping the cable at any point from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 3pin View Post
    They just posted a photo on FB of a snowy Chair 2 with chairs on it. It seems highly unlikely that they’d be building new footers or dropping the cable at any point from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    >Be me
    >Dreaming of deep days off the padded seats
    >Hear dumb fucking rumor about Chair 2 not opening this winter
    >Panik
    >Immediately email summit at Snoqualmie
    >Nice lady says that's a dumb rumor and chair 2 will be open all season for the boys.
    >Kalm

Toying with my emotions.

I didn’t realize how bad my mental health was tied to a fucking chairlift.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Toying with my emotions.

I didn’t realize how bad my mental health was tied to a fucking chairlift.
    You might be an Alpenholic. But seriously I almost shit a brick when I heard the rumor.

The demographic and socio-political buttcrack.
    Oh thank goodness! I was having this recurring nightmare of roving bands of angry Alpentolics showing up to crustal and schralping/slashing all the pow whilst simultaneously using their ski edges to slice the jugulars of my unsuspecting country club brethren. Afterwards, rounding up our women and taking them back to some kind of pagan ritual at their fire pits where our stolen skis fed the flames.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseFloopy View Post
    Oh thank goodness! I was having this recurring nightmare of roving bands of angry Alpentolics showing up to crustal and schralping/slashing all the pow whilst simultaneously using their ski edges to slice the jugulars of my unsuspecting country club brethren. Afterwards, rounding up our women and taking them back to some kind of pagan ritual at their fire pits where our stolen skis fed the flames.
    Still might.

The top terminal for the new chair is up on Knoll 1 ish
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0271.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	474186
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Name:  New Chairs.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  247.6 KB
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I can see just lapping that new chair as a nice fun alternative to chair 2, may help thin the line at least.

I can see just lapping that new chair as a nice fun alternative to chair 2, may help thin the line at least.
    Yeah, in a vacumn it makes total sense and is a great idea. Im sure they have thought this through much more than i have (and i also cant change a damn thing) so ill trust/hope it all works out well. The nice thing about alpental is that adding uphill capacity doesnt change the capacity of the mountain which is limited by the already at-capacity parking, so i really do think this will allow me to get in more laps on crowded weekends.

I wonder if there will be a return track put in from rockface area back to the bottom of the international chair so you can lap egate with 1 chair ride. Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Yeah, in a vacumn it makes total sense and is a great idea. Im sure they have thought this through much more than i have (and i also cant change a damn thing) so ill trust/hope it all works out well. The nice thing about alpental is that adding uphill capacity doesnt change the capacity of the mountain which is limited by the already at-capacity parking, so i really do think this will allow me to get in more laps on crowded weekends.

I wonder if there will be a return track put in from rockface area back to the bottom of the international chair so you can lap egate with 1 chair ride. Is that even possible?
    Not sure but if there is a will there’s a way. Would be nice to avoid that thigh burning mank down low on those warm powder days.

You guys are either on crack or haven't spent very much time out the egate. Lap Snake dance all you want but there is no way to get from Rockface to the top of 3 without blasting the cliff band on the right side of Rockface into oblivion.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Yea. I never thought much about it. Snake Dance, Lower international and Felsen laps it is.

I'm really looking forward to the egg carton moguls on Elevator strewn with newbs who have no business being there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    You guys are either on crack or haven't spent very much time out the egate. Lap Snake dance all you want but there is no way to get from Rockface to the top of 3 without blasting the cliff band on the right side of Rockface into oblivion.
    Via ferrata exit from rockface? Im in.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the egg carton moguls on Elevator strewn with newbs who have no business being there.
    They're already there. E gate has been a highway the past two years

I am still in shock at photo evidence of Alpental making capital improvements. Is this real life?

just a heads up that you can save yourself the hassle later and "buy" your backbowls pass now

https://shop.summitatsnoqualmie.com/...ack-bowls-pass

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    just a heads up that you can save yourself the hassle later and "buy" your backbowls pass now

https://shop.summitatsnoqualmie.com/...ack-bowls-pass
    FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That whole system is such a joke and everyone knows it. The clueless idiots stream out there daily.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    That whole system is such a joke and everyone knows it. The clueless idiots stream out there daily.
    sorry!

“Back Bowls” wtf.

It’s like advertising people to come experience our “wide open bowls of untouched powder!!” Then they get out there and are cliffed out over a waterfall immediately.

“Back Bowls” wtf.

It’s like advertising people to come experience our “wide open bowls of untouched powder!!” Then they get out there and are cliffed out over a waterfall immediately.
    There are some "bowls" out there, but once you ski the open stuff, you quickly get into some of the hairiest stuff available.

My first time out there I went with a friend who was also going for his first time. We decided to follow some tracks. Next thing we know, we're on top of a 30ft cliff with the tracks going off. We had to hike back up in 12" of pow. We get up higher and follow some other tracks and end up in the same situation. Only on the 3rd attempt did we find a way down. I worry we're going to see a lot more of that with the new lift. I always wondered who was sending off those huge cliffs. Then I met SVS and figured it out.

[duplicate post. Ugh