Check Out Our Shop
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13

Duke PT + Dynafit radical boots

Does any one have experience with that combo? The reason I'm asking is that I have problem fitting radicals to griffons (2021, 13 ID). No matter how much I lowering the ADF plate ( by turning the adjustment screw clockwise) it's still in firm contact with sole. Similar problem at the heel due to high rant on those boots. Wondering if Duke PT have bigger height adjustment range for touring boots.

Quote Originally Posted by igordik View Post
    Does any one have experience with that combo? The reason I'm asking is that I have problem fitting radicals to griffons (2021, 13 ID). No matter how much I lowering the ADF plate ( by turning the adjustment screw clockwise) it's still in firm contact with sole. Similar problem at the heel due to high rant on those boots. Wondering if Duke PT have bigger height adjustment range for touring boots.
    I have a Duke PT 16 on one pair, Jester with ID toes on another and Radical Pro boot that I can try at home and report back

Edit: they definitely sit firmly on the AFD even when it's lowered down. I can push it under the toe but it won't return back.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Robik; 12-26-2023 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    I have a Duke PT 16 on one pair, Jester with ID toes on another and Radical Pro boot that I can try at home and report back

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Edit: they definitely sit firmly on the AFD even when it's lowered down. I can push it under the toe but it won't return back.
    Thank you! is heel positively engaged, or have problem grabbing the rant?

Quote Originally Posted by igordik View Post
    Thank you! is heel positively engaged, or have problem grabbing the rant?
    Heel looked solid and no play that I noticed

New Marker Tech touring binding 20/21?

Anyone have thoughts about ramp delta or is it just me? I just changed a ski from Pivots on the line to Duke PT 12s at +0.7 cm; felt like a double whammy of having more ramp and also less ski in front of the boot, I was overdriving them a bit and struggling with balance.

I don’t think there are any toe shims out there? I’m gonna try my boots with less forward lean … would hate to move the Dukes to -something as that would be the fourth mount on these skis.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Is anyone able to measure the toe screw length if you have any unmounted Duke PTs sitting around?

I did some hasty measurements of the toe and heel AFD heights and I got 20mm toe (with my AFD set for my Cochise 120 GW boots) and 25mm heel for roughly 5mm of binding ramp delta. Not bad all things considered, much less than I thought it would be.

Did the same measurements on the Pivot Dual WTR bindings that I had on the same ski and got 18mm toe and 20mm heel for roughly 2mm of ramp delta.

I think I'm going to shim the Duke toe by 3mm and would need to order longer screws. I can always measure my own screws, but I'm still planning on skiing these skis for a few more weeks and don't want to mess with them just yet.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I have an unmounted duke pr and can check this for you avd respond back tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

I have pics. Looks like 22mm total length for 4 with 18mm of thread and 16mm total length and 10mm thread for 4.

edit to add that if you call quiver killer they have stock screw lengths on charts. They have been very helpful working through shimming my kingpin heels.

as another caveat I have a pair of duke pts and then ski tons of pairs of jesters. Quiver killers have been great, total of 8 toe holes and 4 heel holes on a couple pairs of skis gives a lot more side country options and makes traveling really easy, I can bring 5 pairs of skis and 1 or 2 pairs of bindings depending on destination.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I have pics. Looks like 22mm total length for 4 with 18mm of thread and 16mm total length and 10mm thread for 4.
    Thanks! Are they all flatheads?

And now I need to look more closely at mine to remember if the longer ones are for the toe or the heel …

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Thanks! Are they all flatheads?

And now I need to look more closely at mine to remember if the longer ones are for the toe or the heel …

short two are closer to the tip. Long two are close to the afd. You will see the difference when you open your toe piece. They are the cone heads. Same style screws as the heel plates and the jester heel plates. Just longer

shoot me a pm and I can send you the pics via text or something. I think the box fan needs to be replaced in Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    short two are closer to the tip. Long two are close to the afd. You will see the difference when you open your toe piece. They are the cone heads. Same style screws as the heel plates and the jester heel plates. Just longer

shoot me a pm and I can send you the pics via text or something. I think the box fan needs to be replaced in Jackson.
    Ah okay I think I got it!

Yeah, the forum is behaving better today than yesterday, but still very janky.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell