Check Out Our Shop
Page 227 of 243 FirstFirst ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 6066
    I just want to emphasize how much harder the countach charges vs deathwish. Like, 100% more. You can put that bitch on edge and RAIL downhill while watching the snow part like you are moses himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Yes x 100.

Yes, with less emphasis on charging (rider weight dependent)

idk where you are getting that from, but the countach is damp as fuck. It's a magical ski that absorbs everything you can throw at it without pushing all that vibration into your boot. And TBH it's hefty too. The playfulness is there, but it's not deathwish/wildcat playful. Like......60%.
    Hey thanks! I honestly was just guessing it isn't super damp..I guess I was thinking relative to true chargers with metal and in the 2300+ weight realm i.e. those straight up dead heavy planks.

With what you said it makes me think of those videos of freeriders just straight lining chopped up hard pack to a cliff, stomping it, and running out the landing to get quickly over to a pillow to boost off of.

I just want to emphasize how much harder the countach charges vs deathwish. Like, 100% more. You can put that bitch on edge and RAIL downhill while watching the snow part like you are moses himself.
    Are all those people saying they charge hard on the Deathwish really not charging all that hard lol?!?!? But seriously are you taking the Countach as a daily driver over the Deathwish or Wildcat 108 with this in mind? Sounds right for me. I already have a Jeffrey 100 for when my legs are tired or I when I feel like just messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by colerichardmyers@gmail.com View Post
    Are all those people saying they charge hard on the Deathwish really not charging all that hard lol?!?!? But seriously are you taking the Countach as a daily driver over the Deathwish or Wildcat 108 with this in mind? Sounds right for me. I already have a Jeffrey 100 for when my legs are tired or I when I feel like just messing around.
    I have Jeff 110s for that exact reason haha. 130pm onwards and I'll switch to jeffs and pop side hits all afternoon.

I have Jeff 110s for that exact reason haha. 130pm onwards and I'll switch to jeffs and pop side hits all afternoon.
    Yeah they are sweet. Its funny when I do switch over. I'll ride my Praxis MVP 108s all day. My legs will be pretty smoked, but after switching over to the Jeff 100s I feel rejuvenated. They are only a bit lighter than my MVP 108s, but the ease of popping off smaller features, landings, pivoting, and slashing is crazy. I am also considering the Wood 108 vs the Countach. I imagine the Countach is more akin to the Wrenegade and the Wood is probably in between the Wildcat and Countach in terms of stiffness and charge.

I imagine the Countach is more akin to the Wrenegade
    Less work, less demanding by a good margin.

And ^^I don't think DW is -substantially- less ski, the mount just makes it easier to over-drive if you're a directional skier.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post

And ^^I don't think DW is -substantially- less ski, the mount just makes it easier to over-drive if you're a directional skier.
    Countach is less work and less demanding than the Wrenegade? Makes sense. Wasn't sure what to compare the Countach to from ON3P..seems to slot in between the Woodsman and Wrenegade then. Commander more akin to the Wrenegade then..

What is your experience with charge vs play for the WC 108 vs DW vs Countach then? Seems like depending on who you talk to the WC 108 and DW equally have a high speed limit and are only noticeably different with regards to edge grip (DW better). Is Countach just a bit better charge wise in a more directional platform then?

Has anyone mounted their Wildcat 108's back 1 cm? Specifically the tour if that matters. Moment says that would be fine, but looking for personal experience. My current skis are mounted -8 and -13 from true center so that would get me a little closer to what I am used to and maybe make it a little better in powder?

Anyone using the WC 108 tour as their midwinter/pow touring ski? Still just kicking tires and am curious.

Depends on the generation of wrenegade. The 2019 Wren 96s I had were dead easy to ski. Very stable but never felt demanding. The countach actually requires an active pilot, you are much more locked into the radius than the wren and especially the deathwish. They are still a solid notch down from my commander 98's, but they CT is much closer to the commander than the deathwish imo.

East Coast Demo Day coming up for Moment! We will be at Tenney Mt. this Sunday 2/18. I will have Commander 92, 98 Deathwish 104 and Wildcat 101 mounted up. Lot's of curiosity regarding Moment Skis out East. Come take a lap with us on Sunday and see what's up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demo Day - Instagram.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	414.1 KB 
ID:	486832

the core make a big difference between the two. The Countach is poplar and beech which is a bit stiffer than the poplar ash in the DW 112.

the dw 104 uses a poplar and beech core like the countach. Which gives the 104 a stiffer more stable ride over the 112 when charging. The 104 is closer to the Countach since they share the same wood core materials.

the 112 feels softer than the Countach and gets pushed around more as well.

Countach is less work and less demanding than the Wrenegade? Makes sense. Wasn't sure what to compare the Countach to from ON3P..seems to slot in between the Woodsman and Wrenegade then. Commander more akin to the Wrenegade then..

What is your experience with charge vs play for the WC 108 vs DW vs Countach then? Seems like depending on who you talk to the WC 108 and DW equally have a high speed limit and are only noticeably different with regards to edge grip (DW better). Is Countach just a bit better charge wise in a more directional platform then?
    WC and deathwish use poplar/ash cores. They charge similar.

Countach uses poplar/beech which is one of the reasons it can charge much harder than the cat and wish.

I’ve mentioned to you on NS. If you’re trying to charge then the Countach is what you want.

if you want playful then WC/DW. If you’re going to be skiing a lot of variable conditions then you want the DW. If not then go WC.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    the core make a big difference between the two. The Countach is poplar and beech which is a bit stiffer than the poplar ash in the DW 112.

the dw 104 uses a poplar and beech core like the countach. Which gives the 104 a stiffer more stable ride over the 112 when charging. The 104 is closer to the Countach since they share the same wood core materials.

the 112 feels softer than the Countach and gets pushed around more as well.
    Agreed, also the -8 mount allows for a more drivable ski in chop.

I do not in anyway find the CT to be hard to ski. It's quite forgiving for the stability it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Has anyone mounted their Wildcat 108's back 1 cm? Specifically the tour if that matters. Moment says that would be fine, but looking for personal experience. My current skis are mounted -8 and -13 from true center so that would get me a little closer to what I am used to and maybe make it a little better in powder?

Anyone using the WC 108 tour as their midwinter/pow touring ski? Still just kicking tires and am curious.
    Yup, at least 50+ days touring across the 190 WC108 and 118 tours mounted at -1 and wouldnt have them mounted any farther forwards for my skiing style. Pretty much every ski I have ever owned I end up mounting further back than recommended

I also had mine mounted -1 (184cm). They maybe lost a fraction of the playfulness they had at rec, but at -1 had no issues with the tip dive I had experienced on the line. I thought -1 was solid.

I'm on 11th season of skiing Deathwish 112 almost exclusively in all conditions...that's it, that's my post.

For anyone looking there is a Moment Commander 108 on ebay in 182 length. Love the top sheet and tempted to buy for that...in addition to having a ski that absolutely rips.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19624364439...Bk9SR96ospe1Yw

Moment Skis Demo Day this Sunday 2/18 at Tenney Mt. Skis on hand will be Commander 92 and 98, Deathwish 104 and Wildcat 101. East Coast skiers stop by and check them out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Demo Day - Instagram.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	414.1 KB 
ID:	486875

I mounted mine (WC 108tours) at -1 as well and really dig em there. Just one more data point to help ease your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I'm on 11th season of skiing Deathwish 112 almost exclusively in all conditions...that's it, that's my post.
    Yeah based upon the reviews on their website it seems the Deathwish 112 is the most popular by far. Hardly ever see anyone trying to sell it either. If they have it they swear by it. I imagine its in large part due to how very well it performs in across almost any condition on the mountain.

I’ve always been slightly confused on how come the wc108 and deathwish 112 both have room in the lineup. They have similar mount points, same core, similar usage, and only 4mm different width, plus the deathwish skis narrower. Seems like they would have a ton of overlap. Always been confused by it but glad moment can pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    I’ve always been slightly confused on how come the wc108 and deathwish 112 both have room in the lineup. They have similar mount points, same core, similar usage, and only 4mm different width, plus the deathwish skis narrower. Seems like they would have a ton of overlap. Always been confused by it but glad moment can pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    completely different ski profiles with mustache rocker on the WC and triple camber on the DW. They do not ski the same. I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    completely different ski profiles with mustache rocker on the WC and triple camber on the DW. They do not ski the same. I have both.
    Like he said very different skis. I can the DW112 as an almost quiver of 1. I like Skier666 I have skied on it hundreds of days over the last decade. Now I have a 104 for lowtide and Ghost Train for big days. I see the WC108 more of a quiver ski. On deep days if I had the 108 I would want more ski.

All this DW talk makes me want one. Holding out for another OG release.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Like he said very different skis. I can the DW112 as an almost quiver of 1. I like Skier666 I have skied on it hundreds of days over the last decade. Now I have a 104 for lowtide and Ghost Train for big days. I see the WC108 more of a quiver ski. On deep days if I had the 108 I would want more ski.
    funny enough for me the 104 has become my favorite of the three when talking the 104, 112 and wc 108. I really prefer the stiffer core in that over the poplar ash combo in the other two.

that being said the GT is my favorite ski i own period.