Check Out Our Shop
Page 238 of 244 FirstFirst ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 6087
    FYI- Chalet in Bozeman has all lengths of Wildcats for $609. A few other shorter lengths in WC 108, 101, and CT ($639). If they had a CT in 188, I would have had to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Commander 102 has me reconsidering my life since I'm now daily driving them and haven't found a weakness even into 10+ inches of fresh.

I have some new 95 brake Pivots that need a home. Still considering DW104 or WC101 as a replacement for my park skis that are 1 dimensional (I hate mid day ski swaps).

Damn the Commanders are good. Poppy and bombproof. I felt like a super hero yesterday.

I’m probably in the minority but I did not like the wildcat 101 very much. Too narrow for that ski. 108 is awesome. Dw 104 and the reg DW on my list. Think I might like shaggy ahmeek more though - little more weight and little more forgiving and supposedly a smoother triple camber.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    The Commander 102 has me reconsidering my life since I'm now daily driving them and haven't found a weakness even into 10+ inches of fresh.

I have some new 95 brake Pivots that need a home. Still considering DW104 or WC101 as a replacement for my park skis that are 1 dimensional (I hate mid day ski swaps).

Damn the Commanders are good. Poppy and bombproof. I felt like a super hero yesterday.
    I've been on the look out for a Commander 108 or Countach, but this has me curious about the Commander 102. I am definitely yearning for a charger ski. You say they are poppy? Do you like to drop cliffs and get in the air with them?

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I have extensive time in LCC on the PB&J, DW, commander 98 and now about a dozen days on the new Countach.

The Countach is THE ski for what you're talking about. Much better float in untracked deep stuff than the DW, and carves groomers with more energy than any of the others. It can charge much harder than the DW, but the tails still release easily if you want to slash and setup a minigolf hit. Better landing gear than the DW as well imo. Very confidence inspiring in the air. The DW is better when the snow is fresh but not deep, and you are linking together tight bump/tree lines. Think westward ho a day after the storm. The CT is better for making big turns on more open faces, stomping airs and for getting the rope drop on backside. If you are looking for charge first then surf: CT. If you want surf first, then charge: DW. Both skis do it all super well, just different shades of excellence.
    In your opinion, is there anything the Deathwish does better than the Countach? How about carving groomers or grip on firm? I've been on the Deathwish for a few years, and just got the Countach to try out. On paper, I was thinking it would perform similarly to what you are describing. Excited to get them out on snow soon.

Speaking of the DW and Countach. For those having been on the DW, Countach, and Wildcat (108 and 116 or 118), are you sizing similarly i.e. 184, 182, and 184 for the three skis? I have the DW 104 in 184, but am curious about going up to 190 in the DW 112 or WC 116.

Another FYI, ProSki in North Bend WA has all lengths of WCT108 and both short and long lengths of DWT104 for 20% off list. It's their first year carrying Moment so someone buy these sticks to encourage brick and mortar to take a chance on Indy ski makers!

C98s had fun hatefucking some corn today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20240322_110425.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	491485

Quote Originally Posted by MNazWIcoWA View Post
    I've been on the look out for a Commander 108 or Countach, but this has me curious about the Commander 102. I am definitely yearning for a charger ski. You say they are poppy? Do you like to drop cliffs and get in the air with them?
    Heck yeah. Full send. They are the ultimate stomping pad for a (relatively) small ski. I'll ride my 186 Blade Optic 114 if things are deeper, but in anything else the Commander is my go-to right now. It's stiff and has a lot of camber. Just enough rocker in the tail to make them work in variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Going Coastal View Post
    C98s had fun hatefucking some corn today.

Name:	20240322_110425.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	491485
    Such a badass ski. I'm getting mine out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Such a badass ski. I'm getting mine out tomorrow.
    Wait did you add 98's too?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskier View Post
    Wait did you add 98's too?
    Yep. Have both 108 and 98. Only been out on the 98 once so far, but loved it that day. Excited to get back out on it at Alpental tomorrow. If new snow is more than I'm expecting, will probably be on the Hotshot.

Yep. Have both 108 and 98. Only been out on the 98 once so far, but loved it that day. Excited to get back out on it at Alpental tomorrow. If new snow is more than I'm expecting, will probably be on the Hotshot.
    He’s a man possessed. First he wanted all the 191 Billy Goats and now he wants all the Moment Commanders. Will his thirst for indie brand big boy sticks ever be satiated?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

How is Alpental right now? I'll be coming over on Sunday. Jealous of the 108 and 98. Those are the best top sheets IMO. I'd pay Moment to just make me a single pair of the 108s with that top sheet ha. I'll probably end up snagging the Countach end of season since I can't.

I can honestly say I never had a real discussion about witches and wizards before the C98, but a shocking number of people love to bring it up.

I sometimes wish there was an artwork FAQ because Ive never had so many deep questions about the meaning of a top sheet, and I don't know shit about whats going on with it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMachine View Post
    Yo dude. Hope you're having fun. I'm headed out to SB in a few for some sunshine laps. Bringing ,y Commanders for the AM and park skis for after lunch.

OK, talk to me about the Meridian/Deathwish 1,2. I understand where the reverse ski would be fun. Should pivot super easy and float effortlessly on softer days.

I'm looking for a more playful ski than the Commander that can be everywhere on the mountain. Not so much in fresh snow, but blown around pockets of fresh. It's gotta be quick, light enough and really maneuverable in spots that you question whether you want to be in: Scraped off rocks over exposure. Icy bumps, etc. An added bonus would be solid edge grip on blown off groomers where it could be soft one turn and ice the next. Per what I'm reading, the Deathwish 104 looks like this ski.

Basically, I'm looking for a DD for this year whereas the Hotshot was the ripping DD last year when it was soft most days.

Thoughts?
    sorry for the late response. Busy skiing so haven’t popped on the boards to post.

Meridians are a blast. And easily can be daily driven but based off what you’re describing needing I would not recommend them. DW104 all day though. The Meridian is a clench your butt hole kind of ski over super firm and variable conditions. They will pivot in a dime but they won’t bite in when the conditions get icy. They slide and you hold on for dear life.

the dw especially the 104 is going to bite. Give you the grip and confidence you need when you end up in those “oh shit”” places.

Name:	IMG_5930.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	668.3 KB 
ID:	491523

Quote Originally Posted by factive View Post
    Shopping for new mid fat, something around a 110 +/- waist. Strongly considering one of the following Moments:

Countach 110
    Meridian 107
    Wildcat 108

About me:
    6'3', 190 lbs
    Early 40s

Have Line BO 96s 184cm for cruising with my lil' groms and Atomic BC 120s 192cm for deep pow days (which I'll be looking to replace next as I don't really love them). This is basically an everything in between ski.

I ski pretty hard and fast - going from top to bottom as quickly and in as few turns as possible - yet still like to slash, surf, and smear features that present themselves, although the older I get, the less I find myself doing that. Less important, but still drop little cliffs, hit the occasional BC booter, ski trees and tight chutes. I used to prefer a surfy ski first that could also charge. Now looking to flip that to a charger ski that can still be playful.

Feedback on the skis listed above and which you think would be the best fit?

Also considering: ON3P WM 108, Rossi SF 110, Line BO 114, K2 Reckoner 112.
    If you dont mind a heavy ski, the Rossi Sender Free is a great ski. If you want something lighter, go with a Countach. I think it has everything a Wildcat 108 does plus a little bit more backbone. I find the Wildcats ski shorter than the Countach too.

Quote Originally Posted by MNazWIcoWA View Post
    Has anyone been on both the Sierra Tour and the DW Tour 104? Wondering how similar they are other than the stated weight?
    Sierra is going to be softer. I almost grabbed a 179 since it’s 104 underfoot and they were on super sale. Still have some too but moment recommended against it as it’s really not built for my height or weight 6’0 180lbs.

if you’re lighter you might be able to get away with it. Skiing wise they are going to ski similar both being triple camber and a similar shape. The core and weight is the main difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    In your opinion, is there anything the Deathwish does better than the Countach? How about carving groomers or grip on firm? I've been on the Deathwish for a few years, and just got the Countach to try out. On paper, I was thinking it would perform similarly to what you are describing. Excited to get them out on snow soon.
    Countachs carve groomers better, much more energy from turn to turn and the tighter radius is more inspiring. The DW is better at sliding and smearing turns, while having way more grip than it should for how surfy it is. The range of turn shapws and styles possible on those skis is mind boggling. The triple camber works. The DW also skis switch better for obvious reasons.

Question for the Moment collective:

Been eyeing some 190 Bibby's for years. Recently vacated the power slot (largest pair is currently 105mm underfoot).

Found some 2017 bibbys (campfire graphic). price is right, but many mounts. Will only work for my boot at -2cm behind recommended? How will they ski?

Should i send it, or wait for a newer pair of Wildcats come up this summer then pull the trigger. Can wait until winter 24/25 if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post

Been eyeing some 190 Bibby's for years. Recently vacated the power slot (largest pair is currently 105mm underfoot).

Found some 2017 bibbys (campfire graphic). price is right, but many mounts. Will only work for my boot at -2cm behind recommended? How will they ski?

Should i send it, or wait for a newer pair of Wildcats come up this summer then pull the trigger. Can wait until winter 24/25 if needed.
    I'd wait for another pair to show up instead of mounting at -2

Never tried skiing my 190 12/13 Bibby anywhere other than the line. Powder, chop, slush, groomers, whatever... the line is $$$

~6' 2" @ 170lbs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28577782713...Bk9SR8T_h_nOYw

There is a buy it now option, so I think this is ok to post? If I needed a 118 ski I would buy these

Or do what I did on some recent Swiss cheese bibby’s. G flex epoxy and hardwood plugs and mount on the line.

They are in stock on the moment website without any holes drilled in them and in a 190.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    They are in stock on the moment website without any holes drilled in them and in a 190.

Or if you can wait, those same new ones will likely show up on Ski Burger for even cheaper. Plus end of season sale should be hitting soon.