Check Out Our Shop
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1165
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Golden Domes had no business being there. But in the end, it doesn't really matter. Alabama looks like a super bowl winning team.
    They were undefeated against a very good schedule. Obviously, they laid a turd against a good team, but don't be absurd.

Alabama's got it sewn up, though, unless Clemson gets lucky.

I think there are bigger questions about whether ND (or Stanford or Cal) can or should compete against schools with much larger student bodies and lesser academic standards. Most of their peers answered that question a while ago. As it is, those programs are hanging in there for historical reasons, hoping to make the big bowl game and stand a puncher's chance. But maybe that's the case for everyone with Alabama right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Would you pay to watch the ND game? Or the puke in your mouth Miami in NY game? They're fucking kids, getting a free education (some at Ivy League) on national TV, slaying the best pussy/dick, with the prospect of being a pro. If not a pro, then a great education leading to higher pay, standard of living, blah blah. They could break a leg one game into their pro careers, or have a blown knee from squats. Get out there and give your all for your school and your team, cunt. They deserve nothing, till they earn it.
    Whatever bro. They’re out there beating the shit out of their bodies and are the only guys in the whole endeavor not getting paid. As nice as pussy is, I’ll take the cash thanks. It’s s billion dollar industry and all they get is CTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    But maybe that's the case for everyone with Alabama right now.
    Ya know, there IS a team that was up on Bama 28-21 in the 4th quarter when they played a month ago.. And in the Nat'l Championship game earlier this year, this same team was up 20-10 in the 4th on Bama.. Hate to keep beating a dead horse, cause I understand how the committee had to give it to ND and OU, but.. at the end of the day, I just want to watch a good, competitive, football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Ya know, there IS a team that was up on Bama 28-21 in the 4th quarter when they played a month ago.. And in the Nat'l Championship game earlier this year, this same team was up 20-10 in the 4th on Bama.. Hate to keep beating a dead horse, cause I understand how the committee had to give it to ND and OU, but.. at the end of the day, I just want to watch a good, competitive, football game.
    I mean, it sounds like you already watched the game you wanna see, so why be bummed out?

I would've preferred to see UCF get their bite at the apple.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Whatever bro. They’re out there beating the shit out of their bodies and are the only guys in the whole endeavor not getting paid. As nice as pussy is, I’ll take the cash thanks. It’s s billion dollar industry and all they get is CTE.
    Whatever. Then play tennis, or baseball. Like I said, the kids are doing all right. It's not like they didn't choose the sport. Wonder how the 2nd string players feel about it. Any ex players, or coaches here? Interested in their take. I've watched college ball since the 70's, and sitting out? Bullshit.

At some point, you gotta accept that there is some luck of the draw involved in the whole championship scenario. UGA coulda beat Clemson, ND, and probably OU. But they had to go through Bama first, and that didn't work out. That sucks, but it would be an even bigger flaw in the system if UGA played Bama twice in the playoffs.

And I'd hate to be Wills in that locker room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanfruit View Post
    Whatever. Then play tennis, or baseball. Like I said, the kids are doing all right. It's not like they didn't choose the sport. Wonder how the 2nd string players feel about it. Any ex players, or coaches here? Interested in their take. I've watched college ball since the 70's, and sitting out? Bullshit.
    I guess I was a non-football, non-big conference NCAA athlete at one point. I've got 0 issues with guys sitting out to get ready for the draft.

I have mixed feelings about guys asking for pay beyond scholarships, but I do think there is a string argument to be made for the schools to be on the hook for longer-term medical costs for the CTE cases or whatever.

The NFL really ought to have a real minor league system like MLB or European soccer. That would solve a lot of problems.

Congrats to Alabama. It went pretty much how I expected it would. OUr kids didn't give up down 28 points. Great season for the Sooners. Defense is getting better but clearly outmatched again tonight. Ought to be a great championship game. I have no dog on that fight.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

ND was way outclassed... No way should they have been in the title game... The 4 best teams were GA, Bama, Clemson and the Bucks... With the said UCF had every right to bitch and it should be an 8 team playoff...

ND did not play anyone and got fucking crushed... OU had Kyler Murry and no way was he going to win on his own even though Sum Jung thought so... This AM on College Game Day they stated OU had more points scored against them than Alabama and Clemson combined...

And Wye, I love the stat thrown up about ND, but they have won a National Championship and I do believe your Ducks never have... Not hating just stating facts...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Congrats to Alabama. It went pretty much how I expected it would. OUr kids didn't give up down 28 points. Great season for the Sooners. Defense is getting better but clearly outmatched again tonight. Ought to be a great championship game. I have no dog on that fight.
    Yeah, good game, better than it looked like it was gonna be after the first 1/4.

Happy for that win. That OU offense is so good. All that without Hollywood Brown. CLemson is better defensively and as good offensively. Should be a good game. Roll Tide
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    ND was way outclassed... No way should they have been in the title game... The 4 best teams were GA, Bama, Clemson and the Bucks... With the said UCF had every right to bitch and it should be an 8 team playoff...

ND did not play anyone and got fucking crushed... OU had Kyler Murry and no way was he going to win on his own even though Sum Jung thought so... This AM on College Game Day they stated OU had more points scored against them than Alabama and Clemson combined...

And Wye, I love the stat thrown up about ND, but they have won a National Championship and I do believe your Ducks never have... Not hating just stating facts...

oregon isn't notre dame.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    At some point, you gotta accept that there is some luck of the draw involved in the whole championship scenario. UGA coulda beat Clemson, ND, and probably OU. But they had to go through Bama first, and that didn't work out. That sucks, but it would be an even bigger flaw in the system if UGA played Bama twice in the playoffs.
    exactly fucking right. It does suck.
    and what really sucks is, Bama didn't cover a 13 point spread, which they SHOULD HAVE, because that game was never that close. The final score make it seem a lot closer than it was in reality

Bama opened at -7 and quickly went to -6, so early money on the Tigers..

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post

LOL. You got crushed by fucking Purdue just STFU. Nobody scored more than 31 points on Bama before last night. Yes, OUr defense sucks, but we still kicked WAY more ass this season than the suckeyes. Purdue beat you worse than Bama beat us.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Time to get this party started again as we are 30 days out and camps start this week. Coaches poll hits tomorrow.

1. Bama
    2. CLemson

Some really good teams and some good esrly season games.

And it looks like Urban is in some deep shit.
    Looks like this post should have come with a spoiler alert..

Dammit Saban. You could've been on top of the world at Michigan State but screwed the Spartans and ran for the money at Alabama... Oh what a world we would be in if Saban was in the B1G not SEC!

Excited for a few more bowl games coming up... would be great for OSU to beat Washington and MSU to beat Oregon again... This might make the B1G look stronger after Purdue and Michigan got slaughtered.
    "Speed is your friend"

As long as Penn State wins their Bowl, I'm ambivalent about the Flyover Conference. Go Huskys and Ducks!!

I don’t get ESPN at home so went to a bar to watch the game. Left after Q1. Gawd that was brutal, but I hear it more interesting later on. Was that after Bama started playing the second string?

Were there any stories about Bama players taunting OU? Celebrating on the OU logo or anything like that? Or did they behave like gentlemen?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I don’t get ESPN at home so went to a bar to watch the game. Left after Q1. Gawd that was brutal, but I hear it more interesting later on. Was that after Bama started playing the second string?

Were there any stories about Bama players taunting OU? Celebrating on the OU logo or anything like that? Or did they behave like gentlemen?
    It was 34-24 OU after the first quarter til the end, but Bama could have scored again as time ran out. Tua took a knee instead. How confident are you feeling for your horns against Georgia Tuesday night? Serious question.

It was 34-24 OU after the first quarter til the end, but Bama could have scored again as time ran out. Tua took a knee instead. How confident are you feeling for your horns against Georgia Tuesday night? Serious question.
    Oh, the horns are going to get slaughtered. I would have felt much better playing Syracuse or the cougs.

But the horns have had a much better season this year than I had any right to expect. After all, this is still just a rebuilding season under a fairly new coach. Thank God the Charley Strong era is over.

Also, I thought it was 31-10 at halftime? Or are you talking about a different game?

Also, I thought it was 31-10 at halftime? Or are you talking about a different game?
    After the 28-0 first quarter OU scored 34 points and Bama scored 24.

They should get a ribbon for that.

Bama let up on offense and played keep away. TUA throw 10 passes in the second half. OU did a few things on offense however Alabama went split safeties the entire second half as well. I credit OU for not giving up, most would have quit after that initial assault.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Oh, the horns are going to get slaughtered. I would have felt much better playing Syracuse or the cougs.

But the horns have had a much better season this year than I had any right to expect. After all, this is still just a rebuilding season under a fairly new coach. Thank God the Charley Strong era is over.

billyk, I would give anything to have your coach back... He is w/o doubt a winner and is one of the main reasons for us winning our last National Championship... What he did at Houston in 2 yrs and the way Texas is already playing things for TX look good...