Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    such wit!
    He's alive!
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Because of the post 9-11 stuff they have access to NCIC. And rumor is, they use it.
    I've been to Canada 20 times over the last 5 years. Only problem I ever had was a work visa mixup. They asked about the DUI, but because it's like 25 years ago, well. They do have access, but unless your passport is flagged I don't believe a DUI is something that shows if it's over 10 year ago

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I've been to Canada 20 times over the last 5 years. Only problem I ever had was a work visa mixup. They asked about the DUI, but because it's like 25 years ago, well. They do have access, but unless your passport is flagged I don't believe a DUI is something that shows if it's over 10 year ago

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Couple years ago, someone I know told me about a trip to Banff, ?? one week Heli trip. Dude is fairly well off.

Anyway, a couple years prior he gotten into a pool, bar argument. got arrested for assult "Bar fight" He was not the instigator just a bystander. Also had some weed.

all charged dropped. Hits the Air port in Canada, they ask him about any criminal history. he says NO . They gave him a good bit of grief, denied him entry. Had to stay at the Air Port for a return flight o his dime.

I hear it's hit and miss. But it happens.
    NO SHIT fucking with you for just being arrested, for anything, ever.
    So Fuck all that, why even go there
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Because of the post 9-11 stuff they have access to NCIC. And rumor is, they use it.
    so that means IS ... its all your idea America
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've been many times. Three times they've sort of randomly decided they didn't want me in the country but couldn't find a reason not to let me in despite trying very hard to find one, I have some kinda funny stories. If you don't have any kind of record and you're not carrying anything illegal you'll eventually get in, even if the border mountie monkey's having a bad day and doesn't like your looks.

so that means IS ... its all your idea America
    I am not even going to thy and defend the Police state that is the USA getting worse every day

but as to traveling to Canada, why?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Why travel to Canada or why are you being denied entry ?

I would assume Americans travel to Canada for business/pleasure all the usual reasons and of course ... to commit crimes

you are being denied because since 9-11 your government is telling the CBSA which of its citizens are criminals according to the Canadian definition

Why travel to Canada or why are you being denied entry ?

I would assume Americans travel to Canada for business/pleasure all the usual reasons and of course ... to commit crimes

you are being denied because since 9-11 your government is telling the CBSA which of its citizens are criminals according to the Canadian definition

why are Americans
    I have not been denied. My last Canada trip was 1997.

After hearing the stories, I have come to the conclusion that I will not try.
    Lot's of cool stuff to do, but why even risk the bull shit?

Yall need to straiten that shit out so we can come play without the drama
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Haven't read through the whole thread and this is anecdotal to just my experience but I went to Whistler for the first time this past February. First time in Canada since I got a DUI 4 years ago in Arizona. My one and only thing ever being convicted of.

Flew from DEN > SeaTac > Vancouver. Zero and I mean zero problem, it was easier getting into Canada than it was into Mexico, less questions. All the agent asked was what are you here for and do you have a place to stay. The kiosks you use prior to the agent don't ask to disclose any prior convictions either (I've read the forms you used to fill out did).

but as to traveling to Canada, why?
    because they want to?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Its the federal government of Canada and they are what they are, I don't imagine the Feds are any better or more together in the USA and together they have fucked you up

It kind of hits Americans on a technicality yes it sucks but I wouldn't look for it to change any time soon

On my recent trip to BC for a heli ski trip, I was stopped at the border and questioned for an hour on a cannabis possession conviction from 1993, do I still smoke pot, what was my punishment, etc. They were convinced if that was the case that I must be carrying it with me, questioned my timeline on when I left Spokane, and thought I must have stopped at dispensaries in Washington. Asked about my co-travelers from CO and their pot smoking habits, searched my vehicle. After finally letting us in, we ended buying from someone in Nelson we met at the border while our car was being searched. Planning on doing a BC biking trip this summer and not looking forward to that bs again, but I love everything else about Canada.

but why even risk the bull shit?
    It used to be for the 5% beer and the strippers.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

A few years ago we were doing a hike across Glacier National Park, from east to west. On the second day, on the way up to Stoney Indian Pass...

...the sole fell off my boot.

I superglued it back on--like that was going to work.

Anyways, we were camping at Goat Haunt on Waterton Lake the next night. I figured I could hurry from the Stoney Indian to Goat Haunt to catch the tourist boat back to Waterton to get some new boots.

I missed the first boat, which meant that if I waited for the second, I was spending the night in Waterton.

So I begged a guy with his son on a fishing boat to give me a ride across. He didn't want to, but did.

He dropped me off in Waterton, where I bought some new boots, ate a burrito, and bought a few extraordinarily overpriced beers for the tourist boat ride back to Goat Haunt.

I then bought a one-way ticket and took the boat back across with a bunch of people iceman's age, while getting drunk on $9 cans of IPA.

It wasn't until I got back to Montana that I realized I had never checked in with the border patrol in Canada, even though I had my passport with me.

And that, my friends, is how I was an illegal alien in Canada for an afternoon.

^^^^and this is why you don't ask your questions on google

That place looks killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    It used to be for the 5% beer and the strippers.
    You are a patron of the arts ... the ballet that is ?

I used to have american fisherman that I shuttle ask me where to get the weed but I think nowdays they schedule in the time to hit an illegal store front dispensary somewhere in southern BC

We had some dopers from ontario ask my buddy to get em pot, buddy sez how do i do that its legal right?

Fuck no stay the hell away from that ! so they couriered their pot ahead and when they flew out of the hut they gave us whatever they didnt smoke on a hut week

Hyder Alaska has an unprotected border so you can just drive across into America without clearing customs but its the end of the road so you can't get out of America without going thru a cbsa agent, I duno what they would do if you could not gain entry into Canada ...go back to the bar and get Hyderized?

Hyder Alaska has an unprotected border so you can just drive across into America without clearing customs but its the end of the road so you can't get out of America without going thru a cbsa agent, I duno what they would do if you could not gain entry into Canada ...go back to the bar and get Hyderized?
    That happened to me, but the bar was closed as was every biz in town for days. Definitely no hotel/motels open for the season. I was detained for hours at that border thinking I was stuck with no camping gear or way out. Hike up-and-over back to Stewart was my only thought. Those border agents were fucking idiots.

Yeah I imagine this shit must happen all the time at an unprotected border crossing into America

so you can get into the country any time you like

but you can never leave

what it is handy for is if an alien type is required to leave the country even if its just jumping across the line to get the PP stamp its only a 4hr drive instead of a day

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Canada used to have an investor immigration program that was essentially a way to buy citizenship. Quebec still does. Not sure about the other provinces.
    USA does too !

PM Jared Kushner for details and EZ payment plan.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Watched the news on the legalization of pot and the question US border gaurds will be asking Canadians when it happens is this;

"Have you ever smoked pot"?

If we answer Yes we will be banned for life getting into the USA. It wasn't made clear if it's medical MJ but I don't think that will make any difference.
    I guess it a way of penalizing us for making it legal. WTF

I think most people are going to go with a no