Check Out Our Shop
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    What's the general consensus on buying a new Tacoma with manual transmission?

EDIT: reading the auto/manual transmission post at Tacoma World and getting an ear-full. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/....783353/page-3
    I got a manual Taco OR back in the fall and it's been solid all winter. It's not faster than the auto nor does it get better gas mileage but it's certainly more engaging and fun to drive. The only catch was I waited over 4 months for it. My dealer said manual Tacos can take up to a year to get if you want a particular color or trim.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I got a manual Taco OR back in the fall and it's been solid all winter. It's not faster than the auto nor does it get better gas mileage but it's certainly more engaging and fun to drive. The only catch was I waited over 4 months for it. My dealer said manual Tacos can take up to a year to get if you want a particular color or trim.
    I bought my manual after test driving the automatic and being far from impressed. Of course you can tune that out with a KDmax tune or whatever. I bought mine 2 days before the Covid shutdown. There were probably 30-40 Tacomas on the lot and I took my pick of the litter. FFW to now, the lot is a ghost town last I checked.

Only other thing I wish I had gotten was a long bed in cement grey, mine is magnetic grey (the most common). But I'm not even sure you can get that in manual TRD OR. They make it tough with all the options and some not being available in certain configurations. Looking back, although I love the manual, I think I would have given it up for the longer bed. It just isn't really all that better, not even that much more fun to drive because there just isn't that much power even when you downshift. And the truck is so well insulated these days, you don't really "Feel" the engine like you used to.

My wife also has a new Rav4 Hybrid and even her KBB value is above what she paid because it is wait listed. Funny world we are living in still.

Mine was Cement, long bed/short cab, trd sport, 6 MT.

The long bed was useful for hauling stuff (even stuff as small as bikes when the canopy was on). The trade off was that it's noticeably louder than the double cab.

RE: downshifting, the 3.5 is part-time Atkinson cycle. Trades torque for MPG.

New 4Runner got leaked a little early today by a Forbes post. Official Toyota debut is this afternoon. Nothing radical but I can't say I love the look

https://imgur.com/a/iaM5290

Looks like a little Sequoia.

4Runner/Tacoma alternatives?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-2025-4runner/

Does having an 8 speed transmission mean SR5 is gone?

I like it, may get one used in 4 years.

Th hybrid I-Force Max engine may be sweet. Probably pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Interesting, Forbes pulled that original article from their site, and we are just able to access archives of it

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Looks like a little Sequoia.
    It looks like it got stung by a bee.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Interesting, Forbes pulled that original article from their site, and we are just able to access archives of it
    The official debut wasn’t until this afternoon/evening. Some chucklehead at Forbes posted it too early and then they had to retract

I dig it...more than the new LC.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

4Runner/Tacoma alternatives?

I hate the non-matched fender flares. Always look like shit after a couple years if not diligently maintained. I’d bet the color matched is a $5-8k body appearance upgrade.

Other than that looks pretty sharp.

eta: Idk how I feel about the turbo 4. Are those things going to run for 25 years? And if you are lucky enough to hang on for that long what kind of maintenance costs are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It looks like it got stung by a bee.
    Ha, this will run through my head everytime I see one for the next 20 years.

Cause you're right.
    sigless.

9 trim options.

Milfhunter trim comes with a snorkel for those BBW’s.

I so wanted a bronco killer, but I got what I expected from limp dick toyota.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I doubt the 4runner will have recalls for the windshield falling out or the engine blowing up or....... but who knows.

Ime, broncos and little broncos kill themselves.

swing your fucking sword.

Cold take is cold.
    I still call it The Jake.

So much overlap in the Toyota SUV fleet….

Venza - Corolla Cross - RAV4 - Highlander - 4Runner - LandCruiser - Grand Highlander - Sequoia.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Wait until that 2 door land cruiser comes out.

Is Corolla cross really an suv?

Bring back the 22re!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I hate the non-matched fender flares. Always look like shit after a couple years if not diligently maintained. I’d bet the color matched is a $5-8k body appearance upgrade.

Other than that looks pretty sharp.

eta: Idk how I feel about the turbo 4. Are those things going to run for 25 years? And if you are lucky enough to hang on for that long what kind of maintenance costs are you looking at?
    The black fender flares make it look like a cheap xterra.

I will never own another car with plastic unpainted fenders and bumpers. They deteriorate and look like shit in a few years.

Early 5th gen 4Runners had plastic fenders. Toyota got rid of them in the mid cycle refresh.

I own a 2018 TRD Off Road premium. I have like 60k miles on mine.

I’m going to sit on the sidelines for a few and see how this new drivetrain works out.

If I ever decide to replace my current 4 runner I may just go with a GX if the 4 cylinder drive train has reliability issues.

The new generation is so much more mechanically complex than the 5th gen…

early trail had said fenders is also culty

Hmm. Think I’ll keep sinking money in my ‘03 TuRD. Shoulda kept my ‘85 McFly

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Is Corolla cross really an suv?
    Toyota lumps SUVs and crossovers together. I'd say the RAV4 is a crossover as well.

My gf has the Corolla Cross Hybrid, neat little vehicle. Like a slightly smaller rav. Direct competitor to the Subaru Crosstrek, which I don't think is available in hybrid yet.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Fugly flares not on all trims.